horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Its funny i had it even with pocketrockets... ;)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
We had 99 vs 99 and a 3rd opponent with JJ so you know how it ended for us :(

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play at pokerstars I see anything and everything there and yes I do get pairs against same pairs, but not often, of course.

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had AA vs AA vs KK first hand in a Tourney on 888, us AA's lost too trip K's..

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not often for obvious unlikely probability, but I've come across this a few times. My most recent one was deep in a cardschat freeroll about a week ago. I was short-stacked and I shoved 66. Not thrilled with shoving this lower pocket pair, but I'm short-stacked. I'm hoping to take the pot uncontested or perhaps double up from a coin-flip versus AK or AQ etc. Everyone folds except for one caller. They also have 66 pocket pair. We split the pot and play continued. In the chat, I sent something like a smiling emoji or a friendly comment (I think I said: "Nice hand :)" or something like that).

This made me think of this instance though: Negreanu vs Matusow 97o "donkey" play lol

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi!
That's already happened to me quite a few times, but not that frequently. Of course the more you play the more you see things happening again. For example, yesterday I played 4 tourneys and did not see any (pocket vs pocket). Nice week.:)

H

HansGlorias

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I very rarely met the same pocket pairs for me and my opponent, but KK/QQ/JJ against AA/KK/QQ - a thousand times:mad:

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently ran KK into KK.. and AA in the same hand. drawing almost dead with KK lol

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Have seen this happen a few times over the years but it is rare. I remember one tournament I was playing at poker stars a few years back where I saw AK suited lose to AK off suit and then a little later I saw AA lose to AA. Was crazy but funny as hell since I wasn't involved...just watching at the table while playing. Recently I saw 2 players have pocket 4's up against a higher pocket pair....so basically they had zero outs.. lol

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right,it's been happening a lot lately...And they also give not only two players and the third one, too...And it's not just on one room...

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only had 2 outs

Funny post, remembered me of something...
I onde played a hand that I joined raised from the button with KK, the BB called and so did the HJ. I guess the flop went something like a rainbow disconnected flop, with only low cards, and it ended up with the BB dunk betting 1/2 pot, that me and the other player paid. The turn came with a K, and the same player bet again, we all pay. At the river, he bets again and I raise all win, the 2 players pay. It turns out I had the three of a kind "K", and the other 2 players had the aces.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Guys,
Hows everyone doing in the poker community. I have been running into alot of the same pokcet pair vs pocket pair hands lately. Queens vs. Queens, 8s vs. 8s, 7s vs 7s, and then twice in the last week I have had Aces vs. Aces all in to a split pot. Any of you guys run into this often?? :icon_prof :jd4::confused::confused:
today I had this situation, AA versus AA, but the flop came 4 of the same suit and I won that hand)))

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And it happened again

I'm not talking about the "same pocket pairs cause", it happened that I lost again vs same pocket pair... the same old history: if someone hits the flush, you're gonna have a bad time.

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way to no tie same pocket pair is on a board with 4 cards suited. If the board is all suited we can still tie if the board has higher cards than we do. Never happened to me...

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play enough hands, this is bound to happen. It is rare, and it is even rarer that 4 of the same suit come to give one a flush.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Guys,
Hows everyone doing in the poker community. I have been running into alot of the same pokcet pair vs pocket pair hands lately. Queens vs. Queens, 8s vs. 8s, 7s vs 7s, and then twice in the last week I have had Aces vs. Aces all in to a split pot. Any of you guys run into this often?? :icon_prof :jd4::confused::confused:

It definitely happens sometimes. Not anything to really put much thought into though.
Just be onto the next hand and do your best to play it the best you can!

M

Movi84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
didnt happend for me but i saw a few hands with same pair in the last year.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got that often this days than usually dnno why, but on pokerstars at least AK vs AK is pretty much common lol. it might because i play pretty much hands on a session too!
:D

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always funny when you have the same pocket pair because of the theoretical blockers. There are only 6 combinations of pocket pairs and you both have one of the 6 combinations pre-flop. That's so unlikely.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey Guys,

Years ago on the long defunct gaming club I was all-in pre-flop with kings against kings. And lost.

E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I didn't have that. I'm not worried about that. You had it by chance apparently