Players sitting out... strategy\like it\hate it??

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There is a time and a place for sitting out for sure if I have a large stack and it’s only a couple minutes from break I will sit out and take the extra time, bubble of a tournament short stacked it happens too

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unless its a satellite its a -ev strategy

This 100%, the only time I've seen sitting out used as a legit "Strategy" is players appearing sat out in their big blind to induce a light open to steal, then showing up when someone opens to 3-bet or shove over them.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think there are different reasons why people sit out. some think to get an advantage out of it. But sometimes it's simply because of technical problems or someone unexpectedly got something to do. And basically I don't care what the reason is because it doesn't bother me. Unless you're in a hu then it looks different. Then try to see the positive out of it, but playing a hu like that is really no fun

K

KDKane1979

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Think I never did a sit out online. But love going for the blinds of inactive players. Once I saw the small blind pass to a big blind sitter in a headsup situation :)

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

It is only about strategies to be able to achieve a good position, however there is an important factor that is decision making.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah free chips but no class they have no love for the game it's a strategy to make money.its like betting against your self they know if there playing then they would of long been out:deal:

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
could be a connection issue?
Called away due to some personal event.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not really mad,because its a part of the game of online poker.Its something you will always have to deal with,and thats inevitable...

A

Artexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sitting out as a strategy...DISLIKE!!
in order to to that you need a deep stack to cash. Why risk melting your stack before the cash if you have good chances to get very far? Isnt that the reason ee play? Competition?

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
what needs to be done needs to be done. it's risky and not a strat i use but i understand it