jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
At least I don't tag anyone.
I only wear an orange tag for my Cardschat friends, or some polite and friendly person when I play cash games. And I tell you some, because it is quite difficult to find them.
As for notes, if I take many. Most of the players I play against are in yellow with the note mark on pokerstars.
This helps me a lot to know what kind of player he is, and to make decisions against him at the time of the match.
Logically after the cards send as always.
Greetings:):):)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey there and welcome. I really think it depends on the player. I use a deep blue for strong players, green for fishy players and then yellow to red in between. There's also a note that usually rides w/it. You can probably come up w/a better system than me but it's what ever you want, really. ;)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In satellite tournaments I label the players who normally play those tournaments often. As for color, I put the aggressive ones in red and the fish in blue. I am more inclined to put notes describing their game and an example of some movements that I have seen that they do it regularly

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You should always try to notice the characteristic features of the game of your opponents, which will help you in the future in making the most profitable decisions against them. Notes need to be created based on several hours of playing with your opponent, since it is not so easy to get a complete picture of a player in just a few minutes of playing with him.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How do they use the opponents tags? Do they define personalities and playing styles or what is their form?
I use notes a lot, especially when playing our daily freerolls. My notes often help me make the right decision. I'm using a very simple tagging system suggested by one of our community members. Take a look, maybe this system will suit you too.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I frame them with 2 colors. Red aggressive players and blue passive players.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tag some players but of course not all the opponents I face. I use different colors to dissociate the different types of players (aggro, nit, calling station for example).

bardhylmemaj

bardhylmemaj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AL
Chips
I don't tag anyone. and then why should I tag when I'm not afraid of any player?!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do they use the opponents tags? Do they define personalities and playing styles or what is their form?
Tags are used as a quick reference for players playing many tables at once or to remind us that we have played vs a Villain in a previous game- they are very helpful as most V are exploitable and we want to know how to exploit them at a glance as we only have 15 seconds per hand or less

:unsure::geek:

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I color code players based on sharkscope results/stats. I have a different color for general ITM/ROI %s.

>25% ITM/ROI% (i.e regular winning player) = Green
0 - 25% ITM/ROI% (i.e slightly winning player) = Yellow
<0 ITM/ROI% but no less than negative 25% (i.e. the average player) = Orange
-25% or worse ITM/ROI% (i.e. donation station) = Red

I also put the date in the notes and any general info I like, but simply having large samples of results and knowing the ITM/ROI%s of players at my table allows me to read into actions much clearer. ;)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I color code players based on sharkscope results/stats. I have a different color for general ITM/ROI %s.

>25% ITM/ROI% (i.e regular winning player) = Green
0 - 25% ITM/ROI% (i.e slightly winning player) = Yellow
<0 ITM/ROI% but no less than negative 25% (i.e. the average player) = Orange
-25% or worse ITM/ROI% (i.e. donation station) = Red

I also put the date in the notes and any general info I like, but simply having large samples of results and knowing the ITM/ROI%s of players at my table allows me to read into actions much clearer. ;)
So do you only tag players after looking them up, not based on their actions?

And interestingly, I use the opposite colouring:
Red/Orange for dangerous players, i.e. good ones and blue/purple for fishes. :p

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So do you only tag players after looking them up, not based on their actions?

And interestingly, I use the opposite colouring:
Red/Orange for dangerous players, i.e. good ones and blue/purple for fishes. :p
Yes, I look up players that "stick out" for either positive or negative reasons and then see if my intuition is correct (winning/losing player).

The ongoing game is to hone my intuition and pay attention to the noticeable aspects of that players game that make them winning or losing. ;)

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it helps a lot, even without notes by color to define type of players) with some notes - it's more than helpful information)

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a combo of color tags and notes. The color tags are based on a few playing style categories. I’ve noticed over time players have shifted their play so my tags and notes are getting updated

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only notice donkeys and my notes have gotten me to the final tables a few times. Keeping notes is a good habit in my opinion.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, now I playing Freeroll in cardschat I see the same players I’m tag with red at players that are dangerous, green and blue for good player, yellow for easy players. But maybe I will create rule for the colors.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tag them by
on what buy-in, how good players they are, how much hands they're playing, mentionable hands, critical positions such as utg btn sb bb, 3bets, and any deviant or special patterns or outplays in the game.

So the colour will mainly determine their style - their level of agression and how good they are doing that, and the note will add with what they are doing that. ;)

And as I'm playing one or two tables at the same time, these notes becoming valid since I also have the time to just investigate others playings and hands.

Good luck! :)