Online poker tells

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the pandemic and not playing live as much, what are your best poker tells online?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When a player min-bets after seeing the flop (in early pos,,) it's a huge tell,that they have a draw of some kind,,, :deal:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the most reliable online tell is, if someone insta check in position. It means, they have preselected "check/fold", and the only reason, someone would do that, is because they are completely uninterested in their hand. So whenever someone does this, I pretty much always bet the next street, regardless of which two cards I hold.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A really tight player opens.
A flush completes and a quiet player comes alive.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The unprovoked, pre-flop all-inners usually have AK-AJ, and when players shove on the river they've missed their draw, usually.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The tips are simple and clear to everyone.
Play tight.
Play the bankroll.
Play your game.
If on the flop turn or river your raise is re-raised, then in 95% of cases, reset, well, unless you have a royal flush of course)).
When you play poker, turn off everything else, only poker should work on the computer.
And poker math, of course.

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they take times to bet or check means that they have a set or something

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a HUD so it helps a lot.

But mostly it depends on stakes, game type and all.

What I like to do is to be patient and observe the players.
Seeing their cards at showdown helps also.

Can be frustrating when I figure someone is a fishy maniac too late and they already spilled all their chips before I could take some for me hehe.

But I'm on poker kindergarten still.

There's lot to learn about online villain tells.

T

TokeVerdijk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hope it is relavent

Given the pandemic and not playing live as much, what are your best poker tells online?

Lotta tells are the same.
-ppl rarely check raise or reraise openers at the lower stakes up to about 12+ buy ins and up due to skill levels, so i feel that any check raise or preflop repop is usually a hand your opponent really Likes.
-Calling stations and Tight passive players Always call so dont bluff them too much lol.
-Players who always seem to bet the same no matter what are good players. Great players will reraise when in pos to an opener and C Bet 30-80% of the time.
-Some players will actually Let time run down when they miss and the board is heavy broadway, Instead of C betting they will hold out for about 15 sec then check. Bet pot or 2/3 pot and it usually gets threw any lower and they might peel one out.
-Using the Strategies for the modern day poker game is best to learn to help keep from giving away tells and it also helps you spot tells. Experience and A lotta time spent at the tables thats all i learned lol.

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lotta tells are the same.
-ppl rarely check raise or reraise openers at the lower stakes up to about 12+ buy ins and up due to skill levels, so i feel that any check raise or preflop repop is usually a hand your opponent really Likes.
-Calling stations and Tight passive players Always call so dont bluff them too much lol.
-Players who always seem to bet the same no matter what are good players. Great players will reraise when in pos to an opener and C Bet 30-80% of the time.
-Some players will actually Let time run down when they miss and the board is heavy broadway, Instead of C betting they will hold out for about 15 sec then check. Bet pot or 2/3 pot and it usually gets threw any lower and they might peel one out.
-Using the Strategies for the modern day poker game is best to learn to help keep from giving away tells and it also helps you spot tells. Experience and A lotta time spent at the tables thats all i learned lol.

Ty. Makes sense.

Poker Tells