Is Online Poker Rigged?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For example, a tournament of 1500 + people! this tournament will run for at least 3-4 days! and in poker rooms it takes 4-5 hours! this says it all!
You mean live compared to online? 🤔

G

God_Mode_On

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those are the best kind of replies tbh.

Telling it's super obvious but then not telling anything. 🤣👍

To me it's definitely not clear why a poker room would twist the algorithm. They only care about the fees which they'll earn anyway independent who wins the hand, SnG, or MTT. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Do you have the slightest idea how big the sample size needs to be to prove that it's either rigged or completely random? Several Millions of hands. Does anyone ever played so many? I don't.

Just because you loose with 99% of equity on flop against some runner runner. Does that make it rigged? Because the big stack BB wins calling your mini all-in with any two and wins, does that make it rigged?

Looks like we one more naive believer...

"To me it's definitely not clear why a poker room would twist the algorithm..."

Let me explain it once again. A poker room lives on rake you see. But I bet you already knew that...? Good! Now the incentive for a poker room is to have as much traffic around any time to RAKE... Get it...? Now around 80% of the players are recreational players, you see. And they make plenty of mistakes. It would cost a room a ton if these vast majority would signup and leave soon after getting hurt more and more by the fish (remaining 20%ish? of the room).
In the end... The more players, the more rake. Simple.

Now how do we level out the winnings (somewhat) so that the recreational players stick around (longer)...?
That's right. By baby sitting the donks. Get it now?

"Do you have the slightest idea how big the sample size needs to be to prove that it's either rigged or completely random? Several Millions of hands. Does anyone ever played so many? I don't."

For exactly the same reason the rigged rooms are not being exposed. No one collects such a sample size as evidence. And the rooms know that.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Now around 80% of the players are recreational players, you see. And they make plenty of mistakes. It would cost a room a ton if these vast majority would signup and leave soon after getting hurt more and more by the fish (remaining 20%ish? of the room).

Now how do we level out the winnings (somewhat) so that the recreational players stick around (longer)...?
Nope. Based on what you say the fish don't make any mistakes?

And if two recs play against each other and one makes a mistake and the other one benefits?

If you take some time and look at some SharkScopes of the donks, you'll see that they don't get babysitted - or they have a very bad sitter.

It's interesting to see how some people stay around when they are down several k$ over thousands of games. Must be their hobby and they're willing to pay for that.

For exactly the same reason the rigged rooms are not being exposed. No one collects such a sample size as evidence. And the rooms know that.
I guess some pros do or people who play poker as their main source of income.

Either they get bribed by the rooms not to expose any rigging evidence or there is none. ;)

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
So if you loose your "super hand" on turn or river you always could think that on a parallel universe you are wining. 🤣🤘

E

eduardo8269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's VERY naive to basically blindly believe that you're NOT manipulated in any way. Arguments for manipulation can be easily removed from your (naive) minds once you sit down for a minute and think about it thoroughly.
I'm not even putting them here anymore.

By the way, have you ever received evidence that the shuffle is as random as it is proclaimed by the online rooms...?
Who thinks that being manipulated should not play

Silversurfer99

Silversurfer99

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Well in Situations when i have AK in my Hand for example..the opponent (with a bigger stack) raises and i call..the flop comes let`s say A78 and he shoves..i call and he has 42o..and turn comes 4,River 2...it`s a play i would only "understand" if he knew what cards were coming..these are the times i believe it is some kind of rigged...:cry:..but then i still kept playing...🤪

G

God_Mode_On

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great video man. Thanks for sharing!
Great video...? LOL.

OK... So... Proclaiming random hand distribution...
Now let's assume the hand distribution is random indeed...

Everything from the flop onwards is therefore random too....

Hihi. Man o man.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Great video...? LOL.

OK... So... Proclaiming random hand distribution...
Now let's assume the hand distribution is random indeed...

Everything from the flop onwards is therefore random too....

Hihi. Man o man.
Nothing personal. Just I thought that is good idea hear what a pro thinks about it . I know that the first answers could be that all of them are payed or endorsed by the Poker room. But they are a bunch of pro guys playing on a different rooms and even many of them are playing at the same time on different platforms. With the same success. It's hard to believe that all poker rooms have the same conspiracy and organization against all the others players. I really think that is very similar with the terraplanist conspiracy. 😎

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would say that live play is shuffled by a human and not a machine. I find sometimes the shuffle sticks or the deal fails to turn properly. Same thing applies to the same player winning 3/4 times in a row, with the most dire cards! You can never be sure if it's coincidence or influence....

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes…face it, programming for excitement. ( miracles on the river…

programmed so that free rolls are not won by the same players,, ( another 4 card straight/flush/one outer….
no playable hands…. Never see JJ,q,kk,, 99,..etc after 200 to 300 hands…

Jokerstars, 999, I assume run on the same basic engine , same servers with different skins and layout, a few different options…

prove me wrong!

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think offline poker is more rigged than online. There are people at every table who play for candy wrappers and the main task is to take all the money from you. And cases with labeled cards are also not uncommon.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
mm rigged no I don't know what the term is but those rivers are fantastic in your real life you would never see them at a live table

P

PokerHunter21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I don't think so, but the more dodgy the site is the more likely someone can see your whole cards. also the variance in players is huge so you see all sorts of hands!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like we one more naive believer...

"To me it's definitely not clear why a poker room would twist the algorithm..."

Let me explain it once again. A poker room lives on rake you see. But I bet you already knew that...? Good! Now the incentive for a poker room is to have as much traffic around any time to RAKE... Get it...? Now around 80% of the players are recreational players, you see. And they make plenty of mistakes. It would cost a room a ton if these vast majority would signup and leave soon after getting hurt more and more by the fish (remaining 20%ish? of the room).

"Do you have the slightest idea how big the sample size needs to be to prove that it's either rigged or completely random? Several Millions of hands. Does anyone ever played so many? I don't."

Its interesting with what confidence u talk about something u absolutely have no clue about lol.

Rooms rake anyway. It would hurt them more to offer rigged games than not let fish win by rigging it.

People collected big samplesizes in the past. And guess what? They still do!There was no evidence on big rooms that games/rng are rigged.

Case closed! (Yeah yeah i know u will go on with ur theories and i already have my popcorn out)

I suggest u to read/learn a bit about possibility and samplesize. There are good sections here on the forum and on other sites. Then maybe one day u will understand.

Last edited:
bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I only play online, it's easy to tell if the game is manipulated when you start to lose when you have a better hand, but it's a game that has a lot of probability of that happening, you just have to be on a bad day.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes....face it, if the bots can take several cash spots....more profit!

this explains all the 4 card flushes, and straights!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You don't... But I do. I've got over 5million hands played across 6 sites. Lots of players play way more than I do.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tell us Debi, tell us the answer.
No not rigged = 250 vip chips
for those.. 'sigh' who feel it necessary to think it's rigged = all vip chips will be removed from their accounts permanently

(this thread is actually an effort to contain them)

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't say manipulated, but there is a certain tendency for the game to happen, for example, one player leaves with KK, another AK, another JJ, another 10 A, then the flop hits, K 10 Dama.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For example, a tournament of 1500 + people! this tournament will run for at least 3-4 days! and in poker rooms it takes 4-5 hours! this says it all!
so the blinds increasing only once every 2hours vs. every 10minutes has nothing to do with it?

Have you ever checked out sites that will give you suggestions on how to set up your blinds vs. the number of entrants in order to estimate how long your tournament will last? (live games I'm talking about... but the same can be done for online). Wouldn't this make ALL live tourneys rigged then (by your suggestion on the timing)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't say manipulated, but there is a certain tendency for the game to happen, for example, one player leaves with KK, another AK, another JJ, another 10 A, then the flop hits, K 10 Dama.
WOW! I think you might be onto (on) something!