Is Online Poker Rigged?

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Is online rigged? If you have to ask then it doesn't matter.

Yesterday I was playing on a cc free roll and two other tourneys at the same time. I started noticing simular hands constantly. As I. Everybody I have a weak hand That I always play if it's cheap. Q,10 of dimonds in all three hands at the same time. Flop two pair on all three hands. All three hands lost to straights. What are all the chances is amazing.

I have a rule to never play two pair I hit on flop at ACR. Took a chance. Following those three loses I watched the CC free roll. Next ten hands in a row winners won 28th trips or better.. This isn't real. Conclusion who can prove anything. No one

Stevendewitt7

Stevendewitt7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It might be rigged and it might not be. As long as i am overall winning, ill keep rolling until someone fixes it or i lose. Sad. Ive hit hands that i know i shouldn't have it and vice versa.

E

errsat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
LOW IQ

"rigging" an RNG would take little effort. Study computer programming and you'll know this is FACT.

I Tell you how they rig the game very easy :
every player have a quote ( ability=how good that player it is based on his winnings, how its playing the combos etc. yes server is getting this information to distribute the cards here is the link pay attention at what Lee says
(USER INPUT ) that valor , will help for distribution of the board when player A with ability X meet the player B with ability Y , IF Player A have better ability than player B board will favour player B more often ( that's why you see fishes cbeting and catch hes high card on river ( HOW MANY OF YOU LOSE POTS FROM SEMI BLUFFS WITH FISHES CATCHING HES MIRACLE CARD. or he will flop NUTS vs Player A with hes KK will lose vs player B with hes A6o .
And here i want to point BOARD IS not predetermined as LIVE , in online poker Board is changeling based upon players action ( that's why you cant maximize vs fishes when you flop 3 at flop and if you don't bet for value , you will lose Vs flush/straight/higher 3 tris
Especially if you play low stakes and you cashed at high stake.
Everything is in just 1 mathematic Formula . Don't be naive:jd4::jd4:

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen a lot of crazy bad beats on televised poker.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is rigged then it is rigged in my favor most of the time. people need to realize how many more hands they are seeing per hour in a tournament vs live play. Now if you are playing against a seasoned player and you are playing like a rookie you might get beat just due to the fact you were out of position and guess what seasones players can win without cards or without AA that you got excited and pushed with. but as time goes on you will learn more especially if you watch videos read books and pay attention to what others are doing during tournaments. good luck out there. The_Bandit

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and remember just because some caught his card does not make him a fish unless he called a all in preflop with junk out of position well then there you got a donk fish

Djangofreeman

Djangofreeman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well all things that exist strings that are programed to do something specific, as the rules os programes will do only they are made it to do.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i was wondering about this when i played poker at netbet , losng with JJ vs 88 , when the flop had a J , the dude goes all in to make me fold , i call obvious , and the next to cards gave him a straight , and many other situations when a flush is created with only just one card

E

errsat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is how you get rigged!

I Tell you how they rig the game very easy :
every player have a quote ( ability=how good that player it is based on his winnings, how its playing the combos etc. yes server is getting this information to distribute the cards here is the link pay attention at what Lee says
(USER INPUT ) that valor , will help for distribution of the board when player A with ability X meet the player B with ability Y , IF Player A have better ability than player B board will favour player B more often ( that's why you see fishes cbeting and catch hes high card on river or is hitting hes Ax over and over( HOW MANY OF YOU LOSE POTS FROM SEMI BLUFFS WITH FISHES CATCHING HES MIRACLE CARD. or he will flop NUTS vs Player A with hes KK will lose vs player B with hes A6o .
DID YOU NOTICE HOW OFTEN PLAYERS ARE CONNECTED TO THE BOARD every time!
And here i want to point BOARD IS not predetermined as LIVE , in online Poker Board is changeling based upon players action ( that's why you cant maximize vs fishes when you flop 3 at flop and if you don't bet for value , you will lose Vs flush/straight/higher 3 tris
Especially if you play low stakes and you cashed at high stake.
Everything is in just 1 mathematic Formula . Don't be naive:jd4::jd4:
BETTER YOU GET, HARDER FOLDS YOU HAVE TO MAKE !

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean poker is still gambling at some point. I had some moments in tournament where i was behind and won and at the final table i was far in FRONT and i lost. Thats the way it gos sometimes. You just need to remind this every single time, so you dont get tilted

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to say

It's hard to say. On one hand, a lot of my beats are insane and I'll tell myself this has to be rigged, but on the other hand you see a lot more hands online and cold card runs do happen from time to time. If I'm looking for a reason as to why I'm losing outside of plugging possible holes in my game or adjusting to specific stakes and tables then I might as well quit while I'm ahead. The way I see it is that when I was searching online as to whether or not online card rooms were rigged it was just confirmation bias. Not adjusting accordingly seems to be more logical than assuming that it's rigged.

Totally not slamming you, this was a problem I had myself and this was my self evaluation. Hell, it may be rigged for all I know

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean poker is still gambling at some point. I had some moments in tournament where i was behind and won and at the final table i was far in FRONT and i lost. Thats the way it gos sometimes. You just need to remind this every single time, so you dont get tilted

In poker, if you do not have a bit of luck, the skills alone are not enough bro

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker accounts aren't tagged and certified as winning or losing accounts when you sign up to a new site. So i would have to say no it's not rigged it's very hard to beat and the winners put a'lot of work into winning.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All gaming is designed and rigged in favor of the house. Look at deposit and withdraw times.
They try to make it as random as possible to gain our confidence. The more we play, the more the house makes.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course online poker when it comes to the big, respected, trustworthy poker rooms in not rigged.

The truly good players, either they are cash gamers or MTT grinders, are consistent winners in the long run. This is the greatest evidence that online poker is not rigged. But from time to time there were (and probably are) small, unknown, shitty scam mafia sites. But, is there any reason really to put money at these shady sites, intstead of staying to the big trusted rooms?

totally agree with the established poker rooms. Though what would in your opinion differentiate shady scammy poker sites from those who are honestly trying to establish themselves? Any tells you can provide us? Any business starts from ground up after all..

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All gaming is designed and rigged in favor of the house. Look at deposit and withdraw times.
They try to make it as random as possible to gain our confidence. The more we play, the more the house makes.

the house collects only a raking at poker..% of the pot on cash, fees on MTTs or S&Gs.. it doesn't matter who wins the hand. The pot goes to another player glambling the money.. their main goals are to make winning players keep their money in, losing players to deposit and avoid withdrawals.

-TRP-

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see why would poker rooms try to cheat, because they have an interest in every tournament, rebuys, add ons, so they really don't need it.I think that the main goal for them is to convince people to trust them, if there is a play they are already in the money, and seems it is huge.

B

beorlingo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Incentive to rigg freerolls

Why should poker sites not rigg freerolls? Since there is no buy in, it could not be considered fraudulous in a strictly legal sense. And would it not be a great way to make bad players happy and interested?

E

errsat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see why would poker rooms try to cheat, because they have an interest in every tournament, rebuys, add ons, so they really don't need it.I think that the main goal for them is to convince people to trust them, if there is a play they are already in the money, and seems it is huge.

Imagine there are 9 players with 100 bucks everyone. And everyone is playing 5 bucks torneys.
Imagine what would be the best way to gather their money as a house?
By make them believe by (winning) them in equally mode the amount of hands. so money would circle around from player to player , until money are wasted into fees and remains into the system .
Now imagine Player A and player B are sharks or better players at that table, they are folding mostly hands and the , server is getting this information and is distribute the cards in order to create balance they would suffer mostly bad beats vs bad players ( because they know in long term good players would win overall )
THIS BECAUSE the game is rigged (Robinhood algorithm= take from rich good players via BAD BEATS and give to the poor players/new accounts) That's why board is not distributed before any player get action (and it should be distributed before any player get action and registered and covered until preflop action is over , then after uncover flop 3 cards , 4 th turn card , and 5th river card and to be consultabile via replayers, so you can see there was nothing you could do.) ,server is getting this info how you play your draws/combos and will provide distribution on the cards on board depending vs which players are you against for . board would change based upon players action. if you are a good player you have to bet most of your draws, but eventually bad players are NOT folding and would get their miracle card.
I hope i explained good enuf this concept.
to verify this its a easy way to do it. play high buy-in tourney , if you cashed 2/3rd place i suggest you to play low buy-ins torney 1/3 bucks, and the amount of bad beats you would see its staggering especially vs bad players- new account/. this is happen on ipoker/and pokerstars but mostly poker rooms are with same concept

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imagine there are 9 players with 100 bucks everyone. And everyone is playing 5 bucks torneys.
Imagine what would be the best way to gather their money as a house?
By make them believe by (winning) them in equally mode the amount of hands. so money would circle around from player to player , until money are wasted into fees and remains into the system .
Now imagine Player A and player B are sharks or better players at that table, they are folding mostly hands and the , server is getting this information and is distribute the cards in order to create balance they would suffer mostly bad beats vs bad players ( because they know in long term good players would win overall )
THIS BECAUSE the game is rigged (Robinhood algorithm= take from rich good players via BAD BEATS and give to the poor players/new accounts) That's why board is not distributed before any player get action (and it should be distributed before any player get action and registered and covered until preflop action is over , then after uncover flop 3 cards , 4 th turn card , and 5th river card and to be consultabile via replayers, so you can see there was nothing you could do.) ,server is getting this info how you play your draws/combos and will provide distribution on the cards on board depending vs which players are you against for . board would change based upon players action. if you are a good player you have to bet most of your draws, but eventually bad players are NOT folding and would get their miracle card.
I hope i explained good enuf this concept.
to verify this its a easy way to do it. play high buy-in tourney , if you cashed 2/3rd place i suggest you to play low buy-ins torney 1/3 bucks, and the amount of bad beats you would see its staggering especially vs bad players- new account/. this is happen on ipoker/and pokerstars but mostly poker rooms are with same concept
Well, I heard already something like that and it sounds very reasonable, I could say that i have noticed something like that in my play.Because of that I tried to make account on virtue poker because i red it is peer2peer poker, but don't know why I couldn't, I was asking why can't register and no answer, I like to play so what is your suggestion?

E

errsat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I heard already something like that and it sounds very reasonable, I could say that i have noticed something like that in my play.Because of that I tried to make account on virtue poker because i red it is peer2peer poker, but don't know why I couldn't, I was asking why can't register and no answer, I like to play so what is your suggestion?

don't play lower buyins than 30 bucks, and play by the book , you still can do some moves later in tournaments you need ppl to fold when you provide a bet.
and consider ICM always in torneys ...means if you are a big stack and in a pretty good spot ... don't waste your stack (Don't play big pots, try to pot controle them) vs lower stack even if you have AA, KK, QQ, JJ , is like fold to live to fold again!

Dairenji

Dairenji

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing online it feels like everyone has a 50 % chance of winning a pot regards of their hand strength,The problem is not a single bad beat but number of sucks outs against strong made hand.You get AA someone flops a three of a kinds or hits it on the river(It is the frequency of these bad beats that make it alarming) .Or I could be imagining:confused: things.

E

errsat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker accounts aren't tagged and certified as winning or losing accounts when you sign up to a new site. So i would have to say no it's not rigged it's very hard to beat and the winners put a'lot of work into winning.
Do you ever heard about USER INPUT?
Why would they distribute the cards based on USER INPUT if the game is not rigged?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a whole online poker is not rigged. There is just to much financial incentive for poker site to maintain the integrity of their games and their licenses in areas like the EU, and there is third party audition in place.

Also the motives usually quoted are generally dubious at best. For instance there is this theory, that poker sites make the big stack win more often in tournaments, but why would they even do that?

According to people, who believe this, by busting people faster, they buyin to a new tournament, and the site earn more commission. But is this actually even the case? Is it not possible, that if people bust faster, they get tired of playing and actually play less not more?

Also when you look at the popularity of fast formats like turbos and the very popular spin and gos, does a poker site really need to cheat to finish tournaments faster, when people love to play the fast formats anyway? Why not just reduce the blind levels from 10 to 8 minutes for instance.

And its the same with all the other theories. For instance there is a theory, that the games get rigged against winning or withdrawing players. Well first off this is disproven by the fact, that there are actually a lot of people, who have won a lot of money in online poker, and still do to this day. We know this due to sites like sharkscope.

And second there are so many other and legal ways for poker sites to reduce the amount of withdrawals, that they just dont need to resort to cheating. They can increase rake and cut back on reward programs. They can ban third party software. They can introduce randomized seating or even anonymous tables. The list goes on and on.

Yet you still see people believing, that the poker site makes them lose, because they cashed in two tournaments or withdrew a few houndred dollars. Well people can believe, what they want, but honestly its just silly. Poker sites literally have a license to print money, so their main interest is to just keep the gravy train running.