Online Poker: Playing alone at home or when others are around?

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my case I prefer to play when I'm alone otherwise I don't get distracted by a conversation while playing

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my case I prefer to play when I'm alone otherwise I don't get distracted by a conversation while playing
Hi
Mostly I live alone, but sometimes my girlfriend lives with me and to be honest she doesn't distract me at all. When I play poker, she does her own thing, and it's not a problem for us at all.
Good luck.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I prefer to play alone, but I have no problem playing with more people. During a game where you have more people around, a conversation can temporarily disturb your vigilance and attention, and then it's easier to make a mistake.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well..... let's see there's 3 toddlers, 1 teenager... where there's one there's always more close by, 2 adults, 2 dogs, 7 cats and don't get me started on the snake..... you can probably guess when I like to play 👍

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Since I usually have several tables open at the same time, I actually only play when I'm alone and not distracted.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I close the door to my room then I'm alone while playing.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Definitely alone so you can concentrate - I'm easily distracted so best to be just myself and focused.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! I can to play online poker in the different conditions!.. At the present time I play in my apartment,
where are my youngest son and tomcat around...

Garik777

Garik777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I prefer to play when I'm alone at home and listen good music:):coffee:

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
To play in a quiet environment, without much outside interference, for better reasoning and choice of plays, is certainly great

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you can play calm if you're bothered by noises around you, you can put on headphones and turn on the music so that it doesn't bother you, but I also love playing in the quiet of home I'm so much calmer than when there are noises around and I don't listen to music I play better without it

Zrariii

Zrariii

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
obviously alone is better, but, I have few friends with which I can play next to and still enjoy it ^^

music is a must imo :)

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't mind having someone around.
But it also depends a lot on what kind of people are around.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I definitely prefer home alone. I like tranquility and peace

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play at home. Doesn't bother me, as my husband is usually around, watching videos on his headphones, so effectively I'm alone....

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, i prefer play in home more confortable and avoiding that someone distracts me.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i prefer play alone in my house,but some time i like to play and have fun with friends

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Have been working in a place and playing poker at the same time. Its not working,you should be alone

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I play it alone in my workspace. Best this way. No disturb.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker only at home so i prefer playing when i'm alone. Poeple only destracting my game.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like playing alone, too many disstractions otherwise. but if i am forced , i will play with family around.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love when there is silence around and no one interferes, it helps to focus on the game

Vladqt

Vladqt

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
alone, the fewer distractions the better

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I prefer to play when I am alone, although I did have a Friend call round for a coffee one morning and I said he would have to wait as I was in the last stages of a game I was involved in. He sat nearby and watched me play for the last 3 places in a 9 player SnG, I was chip leader and I explained how I was raising in some spots because of position, and why I folded sometimes even on the BB.
I finished winning the game after around 10 mins and as I was about to get up and make him a brew he said he enjoyed that and wished he could play himself, so I said the only way to learn is to play and registered him in a 2,000 Dollar game and said go ahead and try. He was shocked and asked my if I was Stupid or something? thinking it was real money. I said I'm not that Stupid, It's play money chips.
He would call out his hands to me as I was in the kitchen making us a Coffee and I was calling back "Fold" or wait for a better hand, and before I finished making us a brew he lost the lot. I tried to get him to play again but Cards certainly was not his strong point as he preferred to waste his money on the Horses or Sports betting.
I would like to pass on what I know from playing Poker to my Grandkids but none have ever shown an interest in the game, and I don't want to force them into it, I suppose one day they might want to learn why I loved to play Poker so much, but I might not be around to teach them.

Organize a Home Poker Game