Online Poker and Luck

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all likelihood, you write about statistics on crowded freerolls. I do not remember that AA won only 1/3 of the hands. Even if you do not see the enemy online, this does not mean that luck here overcomes the skill.
That's what he writes about ...

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the thing i relate most is that i have played 45k hands at .5/10 and .25/50 and i have won like only 40% with QQ+ in full ring
Yet,you still managed to accumulate over 20K in winnings,,,,amazing! :icon_rabb

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can state categorically that it is wrong in its placement, if it were this way, how should I think when in a live tournament, my AA can not survive against 56 suited?
playing online we get more hands, and being this way we will always have the variance as a measure, with a lot of study, you will be able to get well, good luck at the tables
That I would learn how to play correctly ...

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This just happened to me yesterday in a MTT
MP player raises all-in before the flop, I have AA in CO and reraise all-in and the button shoves also.

Player 1 KK
Me AA
Button 83o

Flop 2d, 8c, 3s,
Turn Jh
River 3h

It almost seemed he knew he would win it. Just the variance of poker and gamblers at the table.:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's like someone knows more than we do.
Your case was less complicated, he flopped 2pairs with his trash hand, so you can't stop him with such flop. One day I flopped quads with 8-3suited at sunday storm tornament, but back there it was just a start of tourney and I've already trippled up before that hand, so I decided to play little bit more loose, limped 83s, guy behind me bets 3bb, 2 callers and i decided to add 2 blinds out of 250+bb stack...

But in case of 10-4.... 4 hours of tourney has passed, that schimpanze saw that there was a raise + reraise infront of him, he invested 15-20% of his stack preflop with 10-4!!!!! he pushed all in with nothing, absolutely dead flop, and he WON. WTH??

gedzshadow

gedzshadow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So...should I point out that cards are all luck. Even knowing the calculations. online poker can be tricky of course because names aren't people but that also means you aren't calling based on trying to read someone.

You are right on the crappy calls people make and the percentage of bad calls. You really need to stick to making calls with less players in and avoiding the pots where everyone is calling. It certainly is different than live cash games.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without luck - there will be no victories...))
good luck plus knowledge - and you are the winner!!!)))
:rock:

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the mathematical and statistical level you are right but in that case is the ability to play those cards as well as possible to use the position, semifarol, bluff, nose is just trying to get a pair prefloop aces and say all in and you are wrong about that can not analyze a player suddenly is not in the same plane as in person but if you can draw consulates of their type of game the obvious luck is an important factor but there are other factors worthy if there are players who leave everything to chance in the online poker but others play skill and believe that luck does not last forever you can have a good run of luck but the skill at some point will be seen:)

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're wrong friend, it's not just about luck, if you play a freeroll with many kamicaces newbies it's another thing, to win all in random if you need luck.

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RNG is terrible in all rooms. But how poker professionals make money..? I think you can earn, but you need skill. I have been playing in freerolls and microlimits for many years, I still can't get higher. But it's my fault: bad bankroll management, I spend little time for learning, I do not understand mistakes, etc.