Are online poker hand generators really random?

A

aobrien8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The amount of online poker I’ve played, it just seems like there are so many situations where players are influenced to get all their money in and a hand who has no business calling sucks out on the river. What are your thoughts?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You are just seeing the instances where they are winning and not seeing and/or remembering the instances where they folded and/or are losing.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know those damm generators, it is a conspiracy that they favour one player over another. I wonder how the generator comes to the conclusion to pick its favourite player.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know those damm generators, it is a conspiracy that they favour one player over another. I wonder how the generator comes to the conclusion to pick its favourite player.

Oh that is easy! Whichever one isn't me! ;)

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think poker is a game that should bring you pleasure. If you think that you are being cheated, if you think that fraudulent schemes are taking place, then you just need to find yourself another, safe and reliable site, or just play poker exclusively from home with friends you can trust.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I think is random. Luck is a factor and lost with the best hand, and best possibilities are part of this game.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The random number generator is exactly that. Its random and does not care who wins the hand money or tournament.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
absolutely random... the cards do not choose the best, nor do they remember what has already come to someone)) I watch a lot of reviews of the game, and everyone has drifts, as well as losses...you know what changes a bad dancer, and a bad player is hindered by the turn, then the river, and all this is thrown off by the dishonesty of the room and random number generators... it's better to blame someone else than to admit yourself as a fool))))

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think random. In any case, no one has yet proven the opposite.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it is completely random, why would the system choose player A or player B to always win? This doesn't make sense, unless the platform has bots playing for them, and in rare cases someone manages to hack the platform and can see everyone's hands...

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
If a 20 year micro/low stakes player like myself can still be profitable in 2024 with a simple 15+ year old style of play I'd say there pretty random and the players at micro/low stakes still suck quite a bit. I also don't believe for a second there's bots or superusers at micro/low stakes and if I'm wrong and there is they suck just as bad as the human players in my experience. I'll speak only for pokerstars though.

Cheers!!!

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You mean on line games .Yes it's random and sometimes you running well sometimes you have no luck at all.Just wondering if the percentage of real tables on bad bids are the same.Problably it's the same ....

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Yes they are very trustable !

A

aobrien8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with your sentiment. In all honestly I do feel better about playing live poker however irrational that may be!
I think poker is a game that should bring you pleasure. If you think that you are being cheated, if you think that fraudulent schemes are taking place, then you just need to find yourself another, safe and reliable site, or just play poker exclusively from home with friends you can trust.

A

aobrien8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
T
If a 20 year micro/low stakes player like myself can still be profitable in 2024 with a simple 15+ year old style of play I'd say there pretty random and the players at micro/low stakes still suck quite a bit. I also don't believe for a second there's bots or superusers at micro/low stakes and if I'm wrong and there is they suck just as bad as the human players in my experience. I'll speak only for Pokerstars though.

Cheers!!!
I appreciate your input!

A

aobrien8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I believe it is completely random, why would the system choose player A or player B to always win? This doesn't make sense, unless the platform has bots playing for them, and in rare cases someone manages to hack the platform and can see everyone's hands...
I didn’t mean it in a sense of winning or losing and more so situations where pot size increases, sit and gos rollover quickly, etc. These factors would increase profit for the site. Have these generators ever been audited?

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The amount of online poker I’ve played, it just seems like there are so many situations where players are influenced to get all their money in and a hand who has no business calling sucks out on the river. What are your thoughts?
That is just poker. All hands are in play until after the river. Unless you have the highest possible hand after that well then its just a gamble. Good luck

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the whole poker game is luck on any street you can lose if you go all-in before the flop, you just have to hope for luck, and it's just that if you have a stronger hand than your opponent, you will have more interest to win. But you understand that these percentages are not always correct because his card falls on the last street and you lost even though the chance was small so think you're ready to take your luck whether or not I'm playing poker

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Never play all in even if you have AA ,wait for your 100% winning combination, then you don't need to cry!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The economic side, the entire income of poker rooms is rake. And it is so huge that it is simply unprofitable to risk fraudulent attempts to earn extra money. Yes, technically it is possible to influence the operation of the RNG, but taking into account all of the above, will the rooms engage in it if they earned almost $1 billion on one rake in the last year alone? Not to mention that the very possibility of twisting is incredibly difficult.Poker rooms always use a third-party random number generator - they do not do this themselves.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Just try to avoid putting your entire stack into one hand without reaching the River and getting a good hand. This is quite simple, but many players still hope for some kind of mathematical calculations, according to which the number generator must give them something. Naive.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
'random' means some algorithms that s stay behind

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands