Online Poker Bots.

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Okay let me get some honest opinions. Are there bots in online poker? if there are any at all, who put them there and is it fair? If the poker site is not responsible for bots then could it mean that hackers have access to the site? I know most of you aren't bot experts but could an IT nerd who is not an employee of any Online Poker site place bots in online poker tables?

I think I've spotted bots twice in two different tournaments in 888 poker. I realized that a player was playing too fast and most of the time goes all in, no delays at all. I got frustrated at one point and decided to use up all my time and sit out just to piss the player off but I was not able to use my extra 30 seconds. I was sat out after the regular time given. I felt like something was wrong so I tried again and the same thing happened. So I thought, this idiot must be a bot. Later when I moved to a different table far far away from the "alleged bot", I decided to try use my extra 30 seconds and I was able to use it. The same thing happened to me yesterday.

This could just be a coincidence. The "alleged bots" could be real people and who happen to be really fast and aggressive players who happen to play on the same table as me on two different tournaments and during both matches, there were technical glitches which made it impossible for me to use up my extra 30 seconds. Thoughts please.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Okay let me get some honest opinions. Are there bots in Online Poker? if there are any at all, who put them there and is it fair? If the poker site is not responsible for bots then could it mean that hackers have access to the site? I know most of you aren't bot experts but could an IT nerd who is not an employee of any Online Poker site place bots in online poker tables?

I think I've spotted bots twice in two different tournaments in 888 poker. I realized that a player was playing too fast and most of the time goes all in, no delays at all. I got frustrated at one point and decided to use up all my time and sit out just to piss the player off but I was not able to use my extra 30 seconds. I was sat out after the regular time given. I felt like something was wrong so I tried again and the same thing happened. So I thought, this idiot must be a bot. Later when I moved to a different table far far away from the "alleged bot", I decided to try use my extra 30 seconds and I was able to use it. The same thing happened to me yesterday.

This could just be a coincidence. The "alleged bots" could be real people and who happen to be really fast and aggressive players who happen to play on the same table as me on two different tournaments and during both matches, there were technical glitches which made it impossible for me to use up my extra 30 seconds. Thoughts please.
Are there bots in the world yes. Are they hacking the sites, nope. Could there be one playing against you? Its possible. All the sites are looking for Bots being used on their site and canceling their accounts. Many people worry about them and its understandable, but they are not as bad as some people really believe. As for you time bank, that is odd but I doubt that some bot was doing that to you. As for playing fast, some people just are quick to make there decision as there playing many tables and many times there is not so much to think about.

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Are there bots in the world yes. Are they hacking the sites, nope. Could there be one playing against you? Its possible. All the sites are looking for Bots being used on their site and canceling their accounts. Many people worry about them and its understandable, but they are not as bad as some people really believe. As for you time bank, that is odd but I doubt that some bot was doing that to you. As for playing fast, some people just are quick to make there decision as there playing many tables and many times there is not so much to think about.
So it is a coincidence. What are the odds?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So it is a coincidence. What are the odds?
I would say yes. I work on computers all day long and there as so many time weird things just happen more than you might realize. If you have any doubt you could email the sites support and report it. There may be a issue they are working on or might not know about.

L

Leandro14PR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
The real problem is not the bots but that the hands are manipulated so that the bot wins, I hope someone investigates.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The main thing is that online poker does not soon have many copies of the "Libratus" bot )))