Online poker and bodybuilding

AngelaDavies

AngelaDavies

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should decide, if you want to become a good poker player or do professional bodybuilding. And when you make a decision, you should devote more time to this activity.

AngelaDavies

AngelaDavies

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, I like to play cards but I don't spend too much time on them (but sometimes I can play poker until morning). As for bodybuilding, I want to devote my life to it. Because I feel great in the gym, as a fish in water. By the way, I also take various supplements to increase muscle growth and improve performance, so I need good workouts and I can't skip them. If you are interested, I can tell you that at first I took steroids, but I had a bad body reaction to them, so I had to find something else. This is how I learned about Sarms (more info can be found here steroidcycle.org) and it worked. I wonder if you use supplements for muscle growth?

S

Salzburg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, I like to play cards but I don't spend too much time on them (but sometimes I can play poker until morning). As for bodybuilding, I want to devote my life to it. Because I feel great in the gym, as a fish in water. By the way, I also take various supplements to increase muscle growth and improve performance, so I need good workouts and I can't skip them. If you are interested, I can tell you that at first I took steroids, but I had a bad body reaction to them, so I had to find something else. This is how I learned about Sarms (more info can be found here steroidcycle.org) and it worked. I wonder if you use supplements for muscle growth?

I had a lot of side effects from steroids and had to undergo long-term therapy to restore my health.
Btw, I also forget about the time when I play poker.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Alex, nice question :D

I play online poker regularly, exercices are very good for my grind, since I play MTT and plays 10h a day...
I really like any kind of sport, in the past few months I'm doing calesthenics in the morning with youtube videos and I do it 2 times a week and after my exercices in the morning. I also mix yoga classes and fat burning exercises, since quarentine I've so much time to work on my self...
I fell my mind very focused and I can rest until the end of the day on my chair while I eat some fruits during the breaks of tournaments...
:D

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I am an amateur bodybuilder and have never taken steroids. I use the usual sports supplements - protein, creatine, vitamins.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Alex, nice question :D

I play online poker regularly, exercices are very good for my grind, since I play MTT and plays 10h a day...
I really like any kind of sport, in the past few months I'm doing calesthenics in the morning with youtube videos and I do it 2 times a week and after my exercices in the morning. I also mix yoga classes and fat burning exercises, since quarentine I've so much time to work on my self...
I fell my mind very focused and I can rest until the end of the day on my chair while I eat some fruits during the breaks of tournaments...
:D

You are very lucky to be able to play a lot of tournament poker! I have the main job and therefore I chose the cash game. And I also need to add about compliance with the regime ...

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is good to have one or more interests besides work. In this case it would be poker and body building. I think you can be successful with both. Maybe some days you go to the gym and some days you work out while playing poker. I'm sure you can find a way especially if you can move the computer to standing height, floor height etc. I often put the computer up so I can stand up while playing poker.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it can be combined as much as possible, it all depends on how you plan the whole week, poker sessions and training.

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My low level of English capable does not allow me to understand the question in question correctly, although in my case both activities can be combined if neither makes it difficult for you to carry out the other

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The gyms are still closed where I live. It's been about 5 months, so I developed a little workout routine at home. It definitely couldn't be used for bodybuilding and it's doesn't include cardio. I get that other ways.

I do sets of squats, push-ups, planks and dips. I've successfully increased the reps over the months. I feel good so it must be doing something for me. :)

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weight training is essential. The routine of a poker player is extremely physical and emotional, these escape valves preserve a lot of tilt moments, bad nights, back pain. Not to mention that exercise brings healthier habits such as better nutrition and consequently performance gains. Bodybuilding I think it is a bit much, the resignation that athletes have does not match much with the poker lifestyle. Tournament of more than 10 hours, sitting, eating everything fast. Do as much as possible without exaggeration.

emanuelorteg

emanuelorteg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me they are things that can be merged, although you will be short of time but with a good routine it can be carried out well, This post is inspiring me to do a bankroll challenge but with weights lol

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I find a lot of excuses to skip my workout routine. I can sometimes workout three-five times a week - because I know I should. Other times I can miss a week or more - because I make a lot of excuses.
At 74 years of age, I am not looking for a ripped body to impress the girls. I realize I should stay fit. If anyone has some words of advice to get me back into my home workout room, please share them.

M

Mr_Nuisance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I currently play collegiate American Football and try to play poker as much as I can in my free time. It is definitely a hard task to try to maintain a balance between the two activities. Obviously my sport holds priority for me currently, but I love getting the free time everyday to play poker tournaments to run up my bankroll. Maybe I'll take the same path as Alex Foxen and become a Pro Poker Player after my time in collegiate sports!

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
you can combine poker with any type of sport, as other players do

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be gym freak. Girls would run away from me. Grandmas would think I am toxic man.

But I finally gave up on that toxicity and became normally fit person

And now people love to be around me.

#Don'tDoGym

motivation, that everybody needs to hear :D :D :D

I

icaroferrarini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe poker is a very rich tool to help athletes work their mind out. U improve patience, stress control, make hard decisions in a few seconds etc

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

Listen folks - no one has ever succeeded or will ever be able to combine sports and online poker. These are mutually exclusive things. Poker is coffee, cigarettes, waiting, nerves, inadequate sleep, the constant replay of losing hands, etc. And sport is a regimen, good nutrition, fresh air, etc.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Listen folks - no one has ever succeeded or will ever be able to combine sports and online poker. These are mutually exclusive things. Poker is coffee, cigarettes, waiting, nerves, inadequate sleep, the constant replay of losing hands, etc. And sport is a regimen, good nutrition, fresh air, etc.

I mostly agree, but there is something said for keeping in shape. It also keeps you fresh, and keeps your mind alert.

So....while you're drunk, couching your guts out from smoking, and getting a caffeine headache, I'm counting your chips, as I put them in my stack.....(hopefully...lol).

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely taking more time to see your progress, because of quite chaotic daily regim, but it is possible even with full time job)))

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is not or poker or gym, a year ago I left the gym and concentrated on poker that helps me improve every day more and more, hahahaha but there is never a lack of a bad hand that knocks you down

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi !

If you’re just a hobbyist or you can take time for everything. But if you made a living from the game then the gym is hard but solvable. I think if someone lives off online poker then you have to play a lot to make it to the plus. Therefore, there is definitely not enough time left for work. :)

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Unfortunately, I haven't succeeded yet. There were already people I added to facebook, but we didn’t change a word yet. :) I thought it would be a great friendship. I was wrong :). I think you have the good fortune to find someone who you can even be friends with later.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Without a mouse, I think you can play up to three tables acceptably. But at ten tables it is impossible to follow, especially if you are already at the final table at five of the ten tables. :)