Online poker and bodybuilding

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Of course, comfort is important. But what I think is even more important is not to hurt a person's head or teeth, not to be hungry and nervous. And before that, be sure to deal with the girlfriend in bed. I always follow these so I can pay more attention to the game.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I haven’t even heard of someone spending their real money on play money. :) :) It doesn't make much sense. Don't get mad at me if I hurt you. If you’re playing for play money because of the experience of success then you might understand. But it’s not really a real success experience either, because there the big majority doesn’t take it seriously because they don’t have a real bet. The real feeling of success is when you win real money.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I think we should only start playing once we have the vaccine. There’s the mask in vain, because if an infected person sits next to you for hours then there’s a good chance you’ll catch him. :( You need to relax a bit in live poker. One year and here is the vaccine maximum. And that time can be endured.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me it's very simple. I never play important games before the gym time nor days. I just separate both activities from each other.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What a great topic, online tournaments sure can run into gym time but hey how many gyms are open now anyways. But I love online poker or any poker and Bodybuilding is a great sport, you The Man Arnold! Nick Strength and Power, is a great YouTube bodybuilding channel. Poker and Bodybuilding!!!!! USA USA USA !

S

Stive_Rogers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this in most cases depends on the person. My friends, for example, mix golf with a gym.

S

Stive_Rogers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this in most cases depends on the person. My friends, for example, mix golf with a gym.
My friends, for example, mix golf with a gym. After a couple of years, we have all become much stronger and more mobile, but the gains in speed vary greatly from person to person, because some of them were taking steroid supplements. Like YK11. They read about them in this article https://sarmguide.com/sarms-guide/ and decided to try. As a result, the largest gains in the group were from 114 to 130 mph, and the smallest - from 108 to 112 mph, I think this is a good result. And then there is a guy like me)) who never went to the gym in his life, I don't like that)), but still I move my driver at a speed of 125 miles per hour. All the same, I think it depends more on genetics and age.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best in the world bodybuilding and poker games my passion I hope I will never leave it despite the bad streaks hahaha

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work out 5-6 times a week, and play somewhere between 2-6 hours a day depending on what my schedule allows for. I wake up at 4:30am, take some vitamins and supplements that wont break a fast (I'm into TRE/intermittent fasting so I don't eat before noon or after 8PM), and meditate for 20 minutes. Then I do a kettlebell workout or yoga depending on the day. Read for a bit, do some journaling and then start my day. On the weekends I sleep in a bit later but the routine is still pretty much the same, except I'll hit the gym for an hour instead of working out at home. It's all about prioritizing your time around the things you want to accomplish.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker and bodybuilding are the perfect combination, play, eat, recover, what else do you need?

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i did´t do buldingbody, i hope won money on poker and then could workout

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can combine poker with any other sports. Does not matter, as log as you get some cardio.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, someone else has a good experience combining online poker and regular exercise in the gym?)
I ask the question because bodybuilding requires compliance with the regime: full sleep, nutrition, etc.
I want to play a lot and not quit training in the gym, plus job. Who succeeded?)

Hi Alex,

I can tell you from personal experience that my best poker results came when I was exercising as well.

Both these require the same skillset as you mentioned, focus, discipline, etc.

The key is to schedule both. It works very well if you are playing cash games or sit n gos where you can control the length of your sessions and ensure time for gym as well.

The thing to avoid is multi table tournaments because they go for such a long time and exhaust you. Short sweet sessions will yield best results (the same as way as the shorter workouts tend to yield better results than those 3 hour ones).

If you can schedule your fitness time and your poker time, the same way you schedule your sleep time, work time, eating time, and social time you should be just fine.

Try it out and see what happens. Know that when you're working out you're making your poker game better because your mind will be sharper after! (Just don't work out so hard that you exhaust yourself, keep it light :))

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work out 5-6 times a week, and play somewhere between 2-6 hours a day depending on what my schedule allows for. I wake up at 4:30am, take some vitamins and supplements that wont break a fast (I'm into TRE/intermittent fasting so I don't eat before noon or after 8PM), and meditate for 20 minutes. Then I do a kettlebell workout or yoga depending on the day. Read for a bit, do some journaling and then start my day. On the weekends I sleep in a bit later but the routine is still pretty much the same, except I'll hit the gym for an hour instead of working out at home. It's all about prioritizing your time around the things you want to accomplish.

Awesome advice here and great inspiration. Thank you for sharing wrathchild!!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched videos / streams with PokerStars Pro Lex Veldhuis using a treadmill while grinding tournaments online - an interesting way to stay in shape in online poker:)
But this is cardio...no bodybuilding so far..

Greg Merson does this too, I think his girlfriend (wife now) got him the treadmill machine.

It was a smart setup, treadmill poker for the first 30-60 minutes of the session, then once his heart rate was up and focus was on he would sit down for the rest of the session.

Pretty GTO if you ask me :captain:

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome advice here and great inspiration. Thank you for sharing wrathchild!!

My pleasure. I definitely notice a difference in my performance in all things, poker included, when I follow my routine. Everything from mental acuity to strength and energy (not to mention raw motivation) to get things done. On days where I "slip" (i.e. miss a workout, don't meditate etc.) things feel "off" for me. That alone fires me up to get after it every single day. I also listen to this every morning:

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, someone else has a good experience combining online poker and regular exercise in the gym?)
I ask the question because bodybuilding requires compliance with the regime: full sleep, nutrition, etc.
I want to play a lot and not quit training in the gym, plus job. Who succeeded?)

Physical exercises in general, not only weight training help blood circulation and vascularization, consequently better irrigating the brain.
This will certainly bring many benefits: clarity of thinking, avoid problems in the column in addition to giving more disposition .Good journey! GL!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greg Merson does this too, I think his girlfriend (wife now) got him the treadmill machine.

It was a smart setup, treadmill poker for the first 30-60 minutes of the session, then once his heart rate was up and focus was on he would sit down for the rest of the session.

Pretty GTO if you ask me :captain:

Very interesting. I think I'll try that.
Always at the first tables I open, when I just started the day, I don't play my best game. My mind is still kind of confused. I noticed that it takes about an hour and thirty minutes to warm up if I don't do any exercise before.
Now when I don't have time to exercise and I have to play a tournament early I will try the treadmill simultaneously.:)

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Alex,

I can tell you from personal experience that my best poker results came when I was exercising as well.

Both these require the same skillset as you mentioned, focus, discipline, etc.

The key is to schedule both. It works very well if you are playing cash games or sit n gos where you can control the length of your sessions and ensure time for gym as well.

The thing to avoid is multi table tournaments because they go for such a long time and exhaust you. Short sweet sessions will yield best results (the same as way as the shorter workouts tend to yield better results than those 3 hour ones).

If you can schedule your fitness time and your poker time, the same way you schedule your sleep time, work time, eating time, and social time you should be just fine.

Try it out and see what happens. Know that when you're working out you're making your poker game better because your mind will be sharper after! (Just don't work out so hard that you exhaust yourself, keep it light :))

That is why I chose the cash game. And only sometimes I connect multi-table tournaments. I agree that both in the gym and poker sessions should be short. In the gym no more than 1 hour, and the poker session no more than 3 hours, then there is a break. This allows you to maintain concentration and recover.