Is online poker a hobby?

P

Pelicanvisions

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that I'm getting older, instead of taking Ginkgo I play poker. Yes definitely a hobby

C

chinito2410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It be play poker how you live.
There is a hobbie, sport you can work you brain, your habilities, your memory.

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so!

I use to play every day haha i need to

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me if I enjoy it especially on weekends when I am not working and during the week as long as I have time

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
earning money is a good expression for Debi Hugblair Tammy Negreanu JeffGross, but I want to climb with my feet on the ground as a professional player until I move to another country if it is necessary for this aspect as well. dream poker pro.

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw a discussion here on the poker banking forum, they opened my eyes to talking about a normal subject that for me said wow this is how I believe money calls money in poker so I already invested money in poker studies here in brazil courses .. So the goal now is to work the money. I have to do a bankroll of $ 50 is not much but to begin with it is enough today I think of banking as a company or stocks. my mind really opened up on this subject here with you. obg hug bro

B

bigrog70

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not good enough to make a living off of it. But I find the game, at least NLHE, incredibly fascinating. That's why I'm here to learn more.

Interesting though, I was curious about something related. I imagine there are some here who make a living at it and yet at the same time, give out advice to help others. That's not a conflict of interest?

whowantwhat

whowantwhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My job often has 1-2 days off, in between shifts, sometimes 4-5 days off, so in the era of not being able to go outside or travel, I just spend all my time playing poker....

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider it a hobby if you're playing mostly for fun, but if you're playing mostly for money it becomes more of a side hustle.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is. I like the competition. I play for leaderboards and ranks lol. If I get a little bankroll on the side that's cool. For others it's a job and that's cool too.

S

StackingZChipz209

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobbyist, Poker Dealer , Dreamer

Started off playing brick n mortar $20 buy-in with unlimited $10 rebuys
fell for the game ,started a poker dealing gig on hold because of covid
still chasing that poker dream score of one million dollhairrrrss lol :jd4:

J

jimmybob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker as a hobby is perfect for a home game which can be played on your bed easily and comfortably and that's it. If you're looking to improve there is SO much free content on YouTube and websites. ... and if you put enough time in it you become a winning player and then you actually earn money off of your hobby..I play poker at night time on my bed before sleeping..

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For the most of the massive quantity of players, yes it is. Only a few play professionally.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering I am not earning much, by definition I guess it is a hobby, wish I could say otherwise.

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me is a hobby, but i think that for other people can be much more than a simple hobby

O

olivercito3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me its only hobby beacose i am not so good to make earnings from it

B

Brogue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Since approximately only 5% of poker players make real money, I'd say 95% of the answers are going to say 'hobby', myself included.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say it is a hoby and hopefully a profitable one.:):):)

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think its a Hobby, but there is the possibility to make some profit, if u play well

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me is a hobby , but there are many people who is doing it as a job.

owler

owler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is playing pubg or clash of clans or Minecraft or any other game a hobby well not exactly but we do it since it helps us to pass time