mis-clicks

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens a lot to me, but it's not because I'm clumsy with the mouse...

...my problem is my lack of attention span. For a tournament player such as myself, poker can be very boring for long stretches to time, especially if you are the "rock" type of player. So to combat that problem, I create another problem by browsing the internet while I play poker. In order to see the web pages I usually use full screen mode with my web browser, and so my misclicks always happen when I'm clicking a link in the browser and the poker table pops up in front of the browser window, and as fate would have it, the click location just happens to be the "SHOVE ALL MY CHIPS INTO THE MIDDLE LIKE A CLUELESS MANIAC" button. LOL

I can't tell you how many times I've done this in my long and unproductive poker career... :) The problem has subsided a bit over the years since I'm well aware of the problems of web browsing in full screen mode while I have poker tables open... I usually make darn sure the windows aren't overlapping, but on a Sunday I might have 4 or more tables running and there's really no "screen real estate" for the browser so I have to risk misclicking if I want to surf while I play.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, but if I'd just focus on the poker (imagine that? What a concept!!) then my misclick problems would be gone for good. It's on my "to-do" list. Someday I'll get there. LOL

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never had to go all-in like that, at most, I accidentally put a big raise, but no more, because to put all-in by accident you need to try really hard, I didn't have that

Z

zzZeldaxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I was in a knock-out tournament yesterday, where the prize pool is split, with a part going to the overall total, and the other part distributed among players for each opponent they knock out.

I'm in the BB with 10/9 of hearts and everyone folds to the SB who min-raises and I call. The flop is 10 J 8 with two hearts and the SB bets the pot after the flop and I call. The turn is another 10 and now I'm thinking not only do I have a set but I still have that possible flush draw. I'm thinking the SB is going for some type of straight because they check the turn to me and at this point, I believe the pot is something like 2000 chips I have like 3500 chips and he has around 2500 chips. I bet 1000 and he calls. The river is a 9 and now I have a full house! He bets something dumb like 500 and while I meant to reraise him all in, I accidentally reraised him all-in except 50 of his chips!!! So say he had like 1000 chips left, I misclicked and reraised him 980 and obviously, he called and that mistake prevented me from getting that knock-out win!

I blame Robert Downey Jr and Iron Man for being so damn distracting! I couldn't believe how special I must have looked to everyone at the table. Of course, I went to type in the chat my error so my fellow players could be aware that it was a misclick and due to that player being all-in with his 50 chips I couldn't type anything. So the lucky next person who had the best hand against this dude won my bounty.

I will never make that mistake again!