mis-clicks

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
apologies if there's already a thread about this.
Has anyone ever accidentally called an all-in when playing online?!
It's horrible when you lose, it's almost even more awkward when you win - any respect from the rest of the table has gone. I experienced both last night.
Actually it wasn't even a mis-click - i just wasn't paying enough attention and hadn't realised the SB had just gone all in. I was BB and selected "call" thinking it was just for the fairly small raise that someone else had made, and wondered what was happening when so many chips appeared in front of me!
I'd built up a pretty decent chip amount and lost to the person with the smallest stack, but the river card meant I won the side-pot. So I had the frustration of all my good work so far being undone and the indignity of the person I beat on the river cursing me. The worst of both worlds.
The only good thing is if anyone from the table remembers in future games, they might underestimate my hand next time I bet big.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it's a con when it comes to playing online. Also if you are multitabling and try to switch tables but dont and miss click. Like the other day I had KK and flopped another K. And wanted to switch tables to fold a hand but accidentally folded the KK hand instead. Would have won that hand and gotten 2 KOs out of it. So I'm more careful now.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It has definitely happened to me too, though not by clicking "allin". Just recently I'd entered the amount of my raise...and then clicked on "Call". LOL I've also folded in error, called instead of folded in error, and checked in error. I think that I must be the Princess of Wrongcliks. ;)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am guilty of doing the same. Funny just like last night, another player who was betting against me accidentally folded. Then again just recently, had a pair of kings and accidentally hit fold.

Cheers!

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,I made a poor call last week because of my mouse.I had terrible nightmares with my wrong atitude.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens occasionally. Sometimes it even works out, lol.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Misclicks! In the past I have clicked on 'check' button early but a couple of times the person on my right would go all in while I was clicking what I thought was 'check' and I ended up going all end . . . So I remedied that by waiting until it was my turn prior to clicking on 'check' unless there were numerous players between me and the 'check' mode. I also play on an apple with the menu bar at the bottom of the page -- I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to click on my action and accidentally hit one of the Apps on the menu and then had to click out of programs to get back to the game -- hopefully I had a lot of time on the clock . . .

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't tell me, once i paid an all in i hit the mauser and it was a disaster

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh the Humanity I thought I was the only one it's always good to have company.

I was playing four games at once and my computer had the games overlapping each other and my inexperience could figure out what else to do.

I clicked on one game to move it but inadvertently hit the call button unfortunately calling another players All In shove against a really tight player I had A4o ugh against AKs. Needless to say I lost

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although it doesn't happen to me very often, at least not anymore, I am no stranger to the mis-click. I have probably mis-clicked every way imaginable over the years. From accidently calling an all-in, accidently going all-in myself, raising by mistake, accidently calling raises and of course, the unintentional folding of the pocket aces. There have been times when I thought I was calling a certain sized bet, but ended up calling a much larger bet than I intended to, because I had looked away for a moment missed something. Most commonly though, mis-clicks occur when the pointer is either resting over a button or being swept across the screen and I accidently place too much pressure on the right mouse button. I've learned my lesson though. Nowadays I try to make it a point to always move the pointer away from the buttons towards the center of the table to prevent future accidents from occurring. It doesn't always work though. Just the other day I meant to fold a weak hand pre-flop, but managed to accidently make a 3-bet raise with 2-8 off. All I could do was go with it. I was able to take the pot down by bluffing on the flop and turn. So... make lemonade, right?

Last edited:
Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny that this thread came up at almost hours away from me doing this crap in a 4/8 game. I was SO PISSED.. clicked FOLD by mistake! I had to sit out a while. Go smoke some dope. Come back in and wash my face. And slap my DOG..:D:p:)

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's horrible when you lose, it's almost even more awkward when you win - any respect from the rest of the table has gone. I experienced both last night.
Actually it wasn't even a mis-click - i just wasn't paying enough attention and hadn't realised the SB had just gone all in. I was BB and selected "call" thinking it was just for the fairly small raise that someone else had made, and wondered what was happening when so many chips appeared in front of me!
I'd built up a pretty decent chip amount and lost to the person with the smallest stack, but the river card meant I won the side-pot. So I had the frustration of all my good work so far being undone and the indignity of the person I beat on the river cursing me. The worst of both worlds.
The only good thing is if anyone from the table remembers in future games, they might underestimate my hand next time I bet big.

I can't recall a time when I miss clicked and called all-in but I have several times folded strong hangs like AA or did some other unattended action by miss clicking. I often play slots while playing poker and I have to always make sure that the spin button is not where the buttons are on the table because I have miss clicked that way too many times to count.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to everyone. Usually when you are too busy multi tasking or playing multiple tables, but not always.

This happened the other day to me on 888 - if you go to put notes on certain players , the pop up window's "Apply" button appears right over your action buttons. If it happens to be your turn right when you click "apply" you are screwed. Now I always move the notes dialogs away from the table screen.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It happens some times, when many tables are open, rare to happen, sometimes with a win!

D

darkryanx22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has happened to me often and it is very annoying, it usually happens to me when I play at more than one table at the same time, the rush to want to be everywhere plays against me, lately I opted to play at a single table with high stakes, to play in several small bets

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst part is nobody ever believes it happens on accident. So I use that for my table image for awhile and hope for a real hand to lead with.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raised a few times because of missclick, yesterday called flop by missclick to and end up losing with all in with strongest pair vs three 10s

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I experienced it myself a couple of times. There was one time I folded a full house. I flopped a boat then misclicked it my opponents were aggressive they bet it. I never told them what I had.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Mistakes happen sometimes, but we try to learn from them so that they are not repeated
As for what he often fears is losing the Internet in the midst of the game

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Don't worry about it, mistakes happen, just forget about it and keep playing your best.
Don't worry about what other players will think about it, just take a deep breath and move on continuing your strategy.

Good luck at the tables!

A

Axmanace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is pretty common mistake...
happened to me a few days ago on mobile.

Was chatting on poker stars mobile App and the call button came up, auto closing the chat mid typing.

Called a three way all in with J2 offsuit 0_o.

I did not win... went from chip leader to bottom really quick lol. But I was able to claw my way back up and placed third... still was an awful experience.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost $ 530 with the best missclick. But I also saw a $ 120,000 last time, so I’m weak :)

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me too and i win the hand

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened a few times to me,but,luckily,it happened in freerolls so I didn't lose any money.