Making monthly 2k from online poker

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am thinking of investing $200 do you think it is achieve the goal to earn $2000 per month if yes please tell how should I use my $200 in playing tournaments or playing cash games?
And also I want to know how much do you make playing poker monthly just for my own curiosity 🙂
I am open to suggestions ❤️
find a game you can beat with minimal variance and then put in volume

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you do if their is no game you can beat

Magical

Magical

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Is it possible? Yes.
Would it require you to run ridiculously well and make the right tough calls in the right spots (probably against you or 50/50 spots)... to get the real gains? Sure.

As all the above advice, the advice is play low, make small gains and if your skill level is higher than those around you, you will make a profit (albeit not typically much which is why people with skill are moving to streaming, sponsors, staking, etc, to boost income levels).

No-one would recommend this, but the only real way to make it would be to play the top-stakes with your money and basically gamble in big pots. If you want to try and 'invest' opposed to 'gambling'. It's not really possible

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey Daniel, you know the answer. You can't make big money if you can't make a few cents consistently.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
First of all I like your challenge. But let's make it fact n real . It's not practical mate to make 2k per month from starting br of 200. I myself have deposited total of 170 bucks back in 2012 n made over 13k . That took me long time to make like that from loads of freeroll, promotion games like PSo , community games plus all big games via satties. You can do that but will take very long time, But definitely can't be consistent 2k per month as variance can be big . Continue your job or business. Just play poker as a side fun n if you can win big then learn the cash games to make consistent money

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
As soon as people find out that you play online poker, the first thing that comes out of their mouths is “wow, how much do you earn?” or “how much did you win the most?”.The first thing you should know is that most poker players lose money in the long run.Only about 25% of players make any money in the long run. And only 10% earn something significant.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Daniel, first I want to wish you luck on your challenge. I think 2000 a month is unrealistic with only 200 dollars in your bankroll. Like it's been said already, use backroll management. There are many threads and members that have much more experience then me on bankroll management. I also suggest like others to keep your job, play freerolls, and stick to 2 dollar tournaments and 1/2 cash games. Remember to take breaks, and notice when your tired or on tilt. Have fun.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d certainly be interested to see how far your $200 gets you. Keep us updated

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I am thinking of investing $200 do you think it is achieve the goal to earn $2000 per month if yes please tell how should I use my $200 in playing tournaments or playing cash games?
And also I want to know how much do you make playing poker monthly just for my own curiosity 🙂
Hey! As many already told you, is not impossible, but also is not reasonable.
You should set your goal in getting 10-30% ROI.
So, you could invest if you are already have experience playing for money and you've seen good results, if not, just take it easy, and don't pursue that poker pro dream before you make a good base.
I was able to build a good bankroll from 0 twice (I stopped playing and start again after many years). So, if you don't have experience try it that way.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need way way more to make a profit of 2000 per month. Just do the match of how much your buy in is plus the bankroll management recommendation and then how much profit you expect from each game. You’ll have to grind hard and play higher levels

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
friend, online poker is dangerous, it's an abyss where money disappears and disappears
it's better to spend your free time with your family, entertain your children, it will bring much greater benefits and happiness than poker

andy1996

andy1996

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Very small bankroll for this purpose) That's obvious) although if you're the luckiest in your neighborhood, I think it'll work out (y)

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
yeah its possible but it takes time building a solid bankroll from 200$. When you are a solid NL100 or NL200 reg its not that hard to make 2k+ a month

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
You immediately upset the author of the topic. It is possible to earn money, but not right away. If you have a $200 bankroll, it would be a good idea to play $1 MTTs. Yes, the winnings will not be big even if you win, but this way you can increase your bankroll and subsequently play more expensive tournaments, where you will probably win more than 2k... The main thing is patience and success.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love your gumption. (y) I remember those days of wanting to take $50 and run it up to $5K in a month. Aaaahh, what a dreamer I was.
For online you might actually be able to do this. I'm gonna grab a paddle and help you get upstream to the spillway where all the little fishies like to gather.
First, I'd start w/a daily goal, aiming for $20, $50, $100 or whatever. Set this goal and see what it takes to achieve it. This will play as your catalyst for staying in the black. Extrapulate the strategy for making a weekly goal, then monthly, etc.
For cash, I'd sit down w/a minimum of $10 per tbl if multi-tbling. If you're more comfy at one table, then play $20 in a tight-agg style until you've got $40. Take a break, repeat.
ADVICE! Do not chase straights and flushes without the nut draw... At first, lol.

Tourneys and sngs are also a great way to make some quick cash. I know, duh. Alright, playing sngs are, personally, my bread n butter.
I like sngs; they're little tournaments, usually, played at one table. The increasing blind structure makes it somewhat easier to pick your spots, imo. And since there's only one table you don't have to worry about another bigger stack coming to the table and pushing around players, sucking up blinds and antes.

Tournaments themselves are awesome since you can make a nice chunk of coin for a small investment. Play in these as a "bonus" to improve your bankroll. What I mean is grind in the cash/sngs and use some of that $ won to play in a nice trny. GL man.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nah you'll provably need around 20k or more depending on how good you are

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother

Well, I will try to explain to you, based on what I have learned to increase my bankroll, how you can try to be a "regular player" in poker.

First, you must keep in mind that to be a regular player, you must have enough time to dedicate yourself to poker. This involves daily study, practice, hand review with solvers, etc.
That is, you must have a daily routine, in which only in that time that you dedicate will you only submit to the game and its derivatives.

Afterwards you must be very clear about which modality you will choose to support yourself in the game. If you choose cash, either tournaments or sit go, and what type of game: Hold em, Omaha, etc.

Once you are very clear about this, you must understand bankroll management, and above all you must understand downswings or bad streaks very well.
Bankroll management is very important, even more so if you deposit to create this bankroll management.

In cash, for the deposit you will make, the most that will be possible for you is to play NL5, that is, cash tables of US$5, although it would be advisable that you start playing NL2 tables, that is, cash tables of US$2.
What experienced players recommend is that your bankroll be equal to 100 boxes. That is, if you deposit US$200 divided by 100, it would give you to buy 100 boxes of US$2.
This is mainly due to variance. So on with a table of values.
NL2 bankroll u$s 200
NL5 bankroll u$s 500
NL10 bankroll u$s 1000
and so on.

This more than anything is explained by the game itself. For example, I'll tell you about an experience of mine. When I started playing NL5 I had a very important downswing on the first day alone. Between coolers and badbeats I had a loss of 12 boxes or $60.
In this case I took into account that it was not the same to lose without problems, that it is normal to lose 12 boxes in NL2 than in NL5, that is, by living that experience I automatically returned to NL2, and today I am already incurring NL5 again.
In other words, it is very important with humility, to know how to understand that you can go down a level without problems and then go up when you are ready again.
You should also understand that a good cash player wins on average 7 BB every 100 hands. If one considers that a fairly regular player plays about 3000 hands per day, the sum will give you that you can win an average of about 200 BB per day or 2 boxes in any modality.
That is, to win US$2,000 a month, you should be playing at least NL50, and being a winning player you could earn about US$3,000 a month or exceed what you want, which is US$2,000.

As for the tournaments, here the variance is greater.
If you deposit US$200 you will not be able to play tournaments greater than US$2.20 and as a limit you can play a tournament of US$3.30 or very occasionally a tournament that you consider important of US$5.50 . Not many more than that.
If you consider that a tournament of US$2.20 at most can pay around US$300 for 1st place, and that in fact you very rarely reach that place, it is necessary to understand that it is much more difficult to increase your bankroll .
That is why to increase the bankroll in tournaments it is essential to enter the ITM minimally, but sometimes you also have to take into account that before the ITM you will have hands that you will often play no matter what and you will not always be lucky enough to win them.
A regular tournament player generally enters the 20% of the ITMs, in that percentage we must try to achieve the first places, which are the ones that pay the most.

The final conclusion is: Today, to achieve that goal of US$2,000 per month, you should understand that your bankroll should be at least US$5,000, and that you be a winning and profitable player.

That is my position brother regarding your question and about my experience of the exciting game that unites us.

A big hug, and I hope you can obtain the achievement you long for.;);););)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To attempt a goal of $2,000/mth. while playing MTT's I'd suggest you'd need a bankroll of ~$3,000 to $4,000

IF you were able to achieve a longterm winning ROI of +20% at an avg. buyin of $20, while playing 30 mtt's/day, ~4/days/week. This will give you $2,000/mth in the longrun.
Keeping in mind, this is if you're a proven winning Low Stakes MTT player.

It is something you could definitely work towards.... but if you're starting out with only $200 (& 'IF' you have LOTS of experience playing MTTs), it's likely going to take you 6months to reach a $2,000 bankroll & you won't be drawing a monthly wage from this at all.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
anything is possible with patience and discipline and using BRM, but u can´t have goals to win like 2000$/month cause poker have downswings like in life

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Break 200 by 20 and try your hand at each of the 10 days... Experience will definitely come! ) GOOD LUCK to you!

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Я подумываю об инвестировании 200 долларов. Считаете ли вы, что это позволит достичь цели - зарабатывать 2000 долларов в месяц? Если да, скажите, пожалуйста, как мне использовать свои 200 долларов для участия в турнирах или играх на деньги?
А еще я хочу знать, сколько ты зарабатываешь игрой в покер в месяц, просто ради собственного любопытства 🙂
Я открыта для предложений ❤️
In poker, there is no stable income when you play plus and when you play negative. If you start playing with $200 in your account, I think you'll need to play for more than one year or even a dozen years to earn $2,000 a month. For example, if you play in tournaments, any professional will tell you that you must have money to enter these tournaments at least 100 times so as not to fail if you fail temporarily. When playing for real money, some people allow the pot to be 30 entries, but I personally think this is dangerous. My advice is to start with the lowest limits, see how you're doing in the game, and then count how much you need to invest to make an average of $2,000 a month.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck to you but from my point of view you have 2 chances of starting with $200 and making $2000 a month. No chance and well
there is no second chance.
I am sure somewhere you will find someone who has done this but it would be one in many million players, but again
good luck to you, you are going to need it.