DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
I am thinking of investing $200 do you think it is achieve the goal to earn $2000 per month if yes please tell how should I use my $200 in playing tournaments or playing cash games?
And also I want to know how much do you make playing poker monthly just for my own curiosity 🙂
I am open to suggestions ❤️

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am thinking of investing $200 do you think it is achieve the goal to earn $2000 per month if yes please tell how should I use my $200 in playing tournaments or playing cash games?
And also I want to know how much do you make playing poker monthly just for my own curiosity 🙂
with a 200 dollar investment? Not sure if serious.

If u are looking to make around 2k monthly be prepared to loose also hundreds/thousands monthly if things are not going ur way. U need a bankroll of many thousand dollars. I would say absolute minimum would be around 20k (and this would be a huge gamble), if u want to be on the more secure site its like 50-100k. And remember, poker is not a safe inccome. "2k's monthly" u will see that result only after many many months/years playing.

Are u a winner somewhere? After reading that post i kind of have my doubts and without being a winning player it will be even more difficult to reach that goal.

Edit: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad...-me-believe-online-games-528775/#post-6757098

Will be almost impossible to make 2k/monthly off of something u dont even trust/know/understand

Last edited:
istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Determining the appropriate bankroll size to earn a consistent monthly income of $2,000 playing online tournament poker depends on several factors, including your skill level, the stakes you're playing, your win rate, and the variance associated with tournament play. To calculate your bankroll requirements, you should consider the average buy-ins of the tournaments you plan to play. A common guideline is to have 100 to 200 buy-ins for the stakes you're playing. Your win rate, which is the average amount you earn from tournaments per buy-in, is a critical factor. Professional players typically have win rates between 10% to 20% of their buy-ins. Let's assume a conservative win rate of 10%. To calculate your required bankroll, you can use the formula: Bankroll = Monthly Income Goal / Win Rate. Bankroll = $2,000 / 0.10 (10% win rate) = $20,000. So, based on these estimates, to consistently earn $2,000 per month with a 10% win rate and an average buy-in of $10, you would ideally want a bankroll of around $20,000. It's also important to note that tournament poker can have significant variance due to the large field sizes and the fact that only a small percentage of players cash in each tournament. This makes proper bankroll management even more critical to handle downswings.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I’d certainly be interested to see how far your $200 gets you. Keep us updated. I agree with the above. You need a big investment for this. That 200 could disappear quickly.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's a great idea, even if I were you, I would save those 200 dollars to play events and very nice to make money in event tournaments, in my opinion I would do that!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
You have to start at max 10NL if we take cash games as an example (20 BI). And make your way up to around 100NL. Very, very improbable that you reach your goal if you're not extremely talented.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you ask such a question to strangers, then I think it's a bad idea. Play responsibly. Poker is not a guaranteed income, remember this.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can of course try to invest $200, but if you become a member of our freeroll club, you will be able to build a bankroll playing our great freerolls and not spending your own money on the game.
As for your desire to make $2k, that's a great goal. Good luck :)

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Using bankroll management you should not be entering anything above a $2 tourney if that is your bank roll is only 200.

Its different if you have a regular income and you can afford to leisurely play but if $200 is you bankroll, that is intended for very small stake games.

Last edited by a moderator:
romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's very difficult, but not impossible. You have to play very well and rely on the luck factor.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say trying to turn 200$ to 2000 wll be quite a gamble unless you play small buy in tournaments and try to be patient about making money

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Judging by the second half of your post and the question where to make money better, I will immediately say that this is a direct adventure on your part. You're just going to lose $200. As I understand it, you have recently started playing poker. I have been playing for more than 10 years and I have never liked such an ephemeral idea of making money because it is fantastic. Such earnings are available only to poker professionals. I take it you're a novice player.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing is impossible of course, but it does not seem realist to make $2k monthly playing with a bankroll of $200. With this bankroll, I would play $2 buy in games (cash or tournaments), so, to reach $2k of profits you will need an average of $66 of profits daily, which is very difficult playing $2 games.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Divide the $200 by 100, play one part at a time, and take 5 percent for a larger tournament and good luck ;):cool:

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Unfortunately if you need to ask this question, then I believe you have already answered it. The answer is no.

Winning at poker has very little to do with what you 'invest' financially, it is more to do with how good you already are and how much improvement you feel you can make in your game. To win $24k per year is a huge amount. Only very very good players win this kind of money per year, and they will be playing full time, and studying even more.

If you want to know if you have any chance of beginning a journey on this path, so that one day maybe you could possibly even earn this money, you have to prove that you can beat 2NL or microstakes tourneys.

Try playing 10k hands at 2NL, or 300-500 sit n goes/tourneys. After this time, revisit this thread with the results. If they are favorable, you will of course have a bigger BR. Then you can consider if you can move up in stakes and one day hope to start making regular, and decent money

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With a bankroll of $200, I could make $500/mth. playing part-time (cash game).

You'd need to keep a larger bankroll in your account if hoping to make $2k/mth.

If you don't know what games to play to achieve this, you're never going to come close.
Generally when starting out, it's important to stick with one format.. then study and play A LOT in hopes of becoming profitable at it.
You have a choice of cash tables, MTT's, or SNG's. The format you enjoy the most will likely be the one you'll be able to put in the necessary time studying it in hopes of being a winning player.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Invest that money in pro poker classes first(in fact i think 10$ is enough to start studying),you will learn what to play and how to play,if you just put that 200$ with no clues of what to do you will be absolutely fished,be patient and start low,with time and determination you will get where you want,dont try to rush it like this,if you want to start investing and trying hard do that in the classes,the notes and pens and not the game itself
God bless

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel you don't have a clue on this undertaking at this time. In this regard, I think you will not achieve the goal to earn $2K per month even if you invest $20K. Learn the game & get your feet wet. Your results would answer your question.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
WOW! You are a very ambitious fellow. For 1$ 2$ poker $200 is considered a single buy in. In order to make 2K a month profit you will need many many more buy ins! A professional poker player who earns a living doing it is probably one of the most demanding jobs on the planet and probably not as glamorous and easy as it might appear on TV. But if you do it, I will humbly eat my own words. Good luck to you sir!

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you have to ask the question, then you probably dont have the skills yet to make 2k a month, it takes time to make consistent profit at this game and it's not easy

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Come on, 200$ the bankroll, that is, you would have to play tournaments or 2$ sit&go, based on the pokerstars platform, you would have to profit around 65$ per day on average, playing sit&go that would take up most of your day and with no guarantee of success, going for the 2.20$ tournaments you would have to reach at least one final table every day which would be very difficult and would also take a big part of your day, but nothing is impossible, good luck !

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very ambitious from 200$ but not impossible
If you know the game and catch a bit of good run at start

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you still don't know how to manage $200 in poker, then I'm sure you won't be able to earn anything in poker just yet. So don't waste your money, but play freerolls for now and start learning.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To make that much money you need a much larger bankroll like 10k plus. There are a lot of ups and downs in poker so you need enough to cover your losses when things go bad.