laptops for online poker

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a laptop purely for portability. I definitely use an additional monitor for the game. I play from 6 to 8 tables. This number of tables is difficult to fit on a laptop screen, even if the screen is 17'. The main monitor is 32' .

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
processor: intel core i3( or better) or AMD Ryzen 3 (or better)
ram: at least 4gb
try to use a SSD hard drive and not HDD.

i think with those requirements are enough and you can find a laptop for less than £1000.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The technicals on the laptop are pretty irrelevant for playing poker, but the main thing you probably want and need is
(a) a good GPU (Graphics Processing Unit, otherwise known as a video card)
(b) an HDMI output

The problem with laptops is the screen size is always tiny, which means you can't play many tables without it being a real struggle.
So the best solution to this is to connect your laptop up to a big-screen HDTV (or a larger computer monitor) which will have a LOT more screen real estate for multiple poker tables.
That's where the HDMI output becomes essential, so you can make the connection to the television screen. And a good graphics card is also necessary for this.

That's my biggest tip. When I play on my laptop screen, I only play one table because even two tables makes them very tiny and hard to see unless I stack them (which I don't like to do, I always tile my tables).

What I love about the laptop is that it gives me portability to walk around or sit outside, but if I really want to grind I have to use the HDMI cable and now I don't have the portability anymore. So this solution is a bit of a trade-off and I often just use the laptop screen and just play one table only. If I play multiple tables I usually just use my desktop PC which has the much bigger monitor and much better keyboard and mouse.