takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is something I use with discretion. Usually I turn it off but I can sometimes tell if a player is steaming so I turn chat on and poke the bear with a stick. Now this sometimes helps in getting this persons money in my pockets but sometimes the wrath has returned to stalk me at tables. Is this worth putting up with?

I think so. When folx go on tilt they seem to wanna yap a bit more. Poking the bear really isn't my thing but I'm not against such a tactic. It can help the rest of the table to take aim at such an unstable stack and start the shark attack. :rock:

A

Apache77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trash tack is bad behavior. It's only for the purpose of distracting you and negatively influencing your mood. Do not make the mistake to get involved. Just ignore it and try not to take the player off the table at all costs with marginal hands or preflop all in with premium hands. Otherwise most will fold and you can not generate value from your good hand / premium hand.

It only shows how awkward and stupid a player is. He is also much too emotional at the poker table. Then he doesn´t play rationally or mathematically but aggressively preflop all in or raises against you to annoy or upset you.

Stay calm, do not be distracted and make rational decisions. If you get involved in this distraction, your A-Game suffers very quickly.

An immature and childish behavior. It only shows the weakness of the one who scolds. It also draws attention to its weaknesses and shortcomings. This should not distract you as a player. Poker is a strategy game and with negative emotions you will not get far.

Some players lose a lot of money through wrong decisions, they exceed their limit or are drunk. Then enormous pressure builds up. This shows through aggressive and brash behavior. They often seek the blame of a player who acts as a mining valve. Ridiculous and poor.

Last edited by a moderator:
akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I always turn off the chat box , sometimes I chat in CC games whenever I am in the mood of course. I don't think that poking the bear with your stick(nice expression) will make any difference. The tilted player will punt his whole stack sooner or later!

I have to admit that sometimes the chat is very hilarious, you will see players talk alone and blame everything on the planet except themselves of course. Anonymity gives everyone the ''super power'' to insult and swear against unknown people,I guess.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep mine on so I can post lol or hahaha if they trash talk me. Then I tighten my range in any hand involving the trash talker. They get overly aggressive if they cant make you mad.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care about the chat, I want the wee tokens.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually always leave chat on.... its important to gather as much info as you can while your at the table.... with that said, it is rare for me to actually chat myself.... and the only times I do is when I know I have a huge playing advatage over the player talking trash, and I attack them back very passive agressivly.... in Hope's they will switch thier attention to me, and will spew off thier chips thinking they can bet me off.... yea it back fires from time to time, but most of the time I will take them for a couple buy ins.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
This is something I use with discretion. Usually I turn it off but I can sometimes tell if a player is steaming so I turn chat on and poke the bear with a stick. Now this sometimes helps in getting this persons money in my pockets but sometimes the wrath has returned to stalk me at tables. Is this worth putting up with?

I never use chat during a tournament unless I make a deal with players at the final table.
I think you lose concentration and there are many players who try to distract you to steal your chips.

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On 888 Poker not many people use chat. For example, I might only see someone typing something once in every 5 tournaments. I turn it off for the most part. I also avoid the trash talking, it isn't worth it.

I do recall in the past people were more talkative tho

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'An angry mind is a narrow mind.' I'd say let him chase ya. He's gonna be the -EV player in the long run anyway. Why not continue pocketing his money?