knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yesterday i played at james hartigan 10K price pool, i had internet trouble just in the moment when i got KK start hand, i will not tell you my feelings, later on i lost my few chips
with three 9´s against straight, what are your feelings when internet is down and you play cash game?

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
these tournaments are not often, and the price money was nice, so i bit in my pillow.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
most of the time i have internet problems sadly, i remember one crazy evening the internet was back every 25 minutes i get to see few hands and shove then internet cuts back off the funny thing i ended up doing better than playing whole tournaments and cashed ^^ when luck is on your side its hard to stop you ^^

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I don't have internet issues but I remember that once I was in a spin&go tournament and I was leading the table. I had almost double the chips that the opponents combined. And the internet disconnected for a couple of minutes. When I managed to log back in I was out

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing any game On-line is always risky when it involves Internet connection issues, I have experienced such issues many times, that's why I don't like playing for huge amounts on-line and certainly don't like to multi table.
Can you imagine how players feel if they are playing 12X $100 buy-in games when they lose connection? $1,200 bucks down the river no thankyou!
On-line games are always at the mercy of so many different problems not just connection issues, but computer crashes! Electrical outages and none of them your fault, and there is nothing you can do about them.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I switch to mobil phone, or mobile internet,
but I know germany do not have the best internet coverage yet. 😉😉🧐

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This happened to me once. I won a ticket to the tournament for $55. And during this tournament, problems with the Internet began. And cards were always on the pass. It was a shame. It's not every day you win such cool tickets.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yesterday i played at james hartigan 10K price pool, i had internet trouble just in the moment when i got KK start hand, i will not tell you my feelings, later on i lost my few chips
with three 9´s against straight, what are your feelings when internet is down and you play cash game?
I have a pretty good and fast internet connection. But sometimes it happens that for some reason it disappears for a few minutes, and it's incredibly annoying because I usually play 4-5 tables and almost always when the Internet goes down I'm playing some very important hand, and because of the loss of connection I lose my money and patience. Unfortunately, no one is safe from such cases. When this happens, I immediately turn on the mobile internet and continue playing, but it can also take a few minutes and lead to a loss of money. And it's all very sad....

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
nice spunka, but pokerstars.sh (schleswig-holstein) has no software for smartphones, i can only play on notebook.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imagine those who play MTT for 6-12 tables and the Internet disappears for a long time))) Everything is not so bad with you, is it?)

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice spunka, but pokerstars.sh (schleswig-holstein) has no software for smartphones, i can only play on notebook.
If you have a notebook then you share your mobil intenet by hotspot, then have your notebook connect to that wifi option.
You make your notebook remember that hotspot, next time it will connect to it very fast, when you switch it on, and the other internet is down.

It is very easy when you get the hang of it, and you can see in your notebooks wifi settings, which one it is connected to.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At times I go on tilt due to connectivity issues.

Even lost some money when I get disconnected in middle of a hand.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel you brother. Happened to me last week. :(

waitandblead123

waitandblead123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also had such situations in winter, but now everything is fine with the Internet.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always have this concern, but fortunately never had internet issues in important hands, like in a big pot cash game hand. I did lost a few tournaments because of my internet problems, but only small/micro tournaments or freerolls. But if I was a professional player, I would probably need a plan B.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This has been a regular problem for me this year. Because of the war, my city often had no electricity and no communication. Now the situation is already better, communication has been restored and electricity is practically available around the clock.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing any game On-line is always risky when it involves Internet connection issues, I have experienced such issues many times, that's why I don't like playing for huge amounts on-line and certainly don't like to multi table.
Can you imagine how players feel if they are playing 12X $100 buy-in games when they lose connection? $1,200 bucks down the river no thankyou!
On-line games are always at the mercy of so many different problems not just connection issues, but computer crashes! Electrical outages and none of them your fault, and there is nothing you can do about them.
I think many of the players who play high stakes (or mid stakes MTT) will have back up connection.
I only play Low stakes but I have a back up internet service via a different provider and for when the power goes out, I fire up my generator on the RV and then plug in for power there. (in the past I lived close to a McD's and would just rip down there with my laptop when my Internet would go out and back then it would happen a couple times per month).

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If your Internet does not work, I think you have a problem because pokerstars worked fine yesterday, I also have this happen, but very rarely and not for long

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think many of the players who play high stakes (or mid stakes MTT) will have back up connection.
I only play Low stakes but I have a back up internet service via a different provider and for when the power goes out, I fire up my generator on the RV and then plug in for power there. (in the past I lived close to a McD's and would just rip down there with my laptop when my Internet would go out and back then it would happen a couple times per month).
So your mobil phone do not have an internet connection, so you can make a hotspot for your laptop.

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
thanks for the tip with the hotspot, i will check this out when i am back home after easter break.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When this happens it's frustrating, but I try not to think about it, as it may affect your actions on future opportunities.

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Unfortunately, this has happened to me several times, on every poker site I play on or used to play on! It also happens that the internet goes out in the middle of a big hand, or if you select a submission option in advance, and then when the internet comes back, of course the ship has already sailed, right.....The worst similar case I had was at party poker that year in a freeroll in which the first place wins a Playstation 4! I was the chipreader and there were only 2 of us in heads-up! All of a sudden, the network started searching until I exited the software! Then of course I couldn't log in for 1 hour. Later, I received a notification from the Party Heads that they are very sorry for the temporary technical disturbance, so they will refund the entry fee! Of course, if I remember correctly, the entry was free, but they sent me 0.1 cents! So that's when I stopped playing and went to the Partyfaces room....

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother.
What a pity that it happened to you just in a good hand.
It has happened to me on several occasions.
Today I am in a city where the internet is very good, I would almost tell you that I have no problems.
As my friend @Poker Orifice says, Pro players in general have support.
I'm not a Pro but I manage. I have a laptop with a 3-hour battery life in case the power goes out, and my backup on the internet is to play when it goes out with the internet from my cell phone line.
In this way, even if it is the 3 hours that the battery lasts, I have that minimum backup in the event of a power outage, where, in addition, the internet is also cut off.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother.
What a pity that it happened to you just in a good hand.
It has happened to me on several occasions.
Today I am in a city where the internet is very good, I would almost tell you that I have no problems.
As my friend @Poker Orifice says, Pro players in general have support.
I'm not a Pro but I manage. I have a laptop with a 3-hour battery life in case the power goes out, and my backup on the internet is to play when it goes out with the internet from my cell phone line.
In this way, even if it is the 3 hours that the battery lasts, I have that minimum backup in the event of a power outage, where, in addition, the internet is also cut off.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
An anecdote was when many years ago I played at unibet poker.
He had won a satellite and a ticket to play in a MTT on Sunday in which they paid 50,000 euros to 1st place.
In the first two hours I was lucky to get into 4 very good hands, not because I had big cards or monster hands, but rather hands that you get in and the showdown favors you and that's where you lean in and beat your opponent because he also considers that his hand is strong.
I will make it simple, in the 2nd break I was in 14th with the great possibility of entering the ITM and already having a very good prize, and then see how far to fight for the great prize.
But what happened??? At 7 PM in my country, lightning struck my city that left the entire city without power for a minimum of 7 hours.
At that time in 2004 there was no support for anything, for that reason I was left out of the MTT with a lot of anger.
but hey brother, these are things that happen, and I was able to recover from the blow.
Greetings and Happy Easte:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: