Insane hands in short period

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all was playing an online cash game yesterday and I couldn’t believe my luck I got some insane hands. I got pocket AA, 73, AA, 85, KQ, 77,KQ in that order, and then nothing lol. So it got me thinking has anyone else had a crazy mini run like this in the past?

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I get a lot of pocket pairs at a tournament, I'm sure I'll definitely disappear to the last table. At least this is a 90% probability. The fact that the card comes in portions is a normal process of the game.

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the difference between online poker and live poker. Online, longer winning streaks are more common.
It was insane to witness I think the other players on the table got to the point they where folding if I called or raised lol
It only lasted for about 10 hands tho

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The beauty of pocket pairs is that they can improve very well and win at showdown. Your goal is to win the pot without a fight. Playing a pocket pair that is not top pair on the board is extremely difficult, so try to avoid it. You call only in the hope that you will win a coin. Small pocket pockets, thanks to their sliding utility scale, can be your best friends, but also your worst enemies. Sometimes, their prank is the worst mistake. Such runs happen, but rarely.

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I have had some wild runs too. In every single case this is all variance.

What are the chances of getting any two random cards in holdem. 1 out of 2652. The statistics do not change and are relevant for all cards in the deck. One thing to consider is that the amount of combinations of those same cards can change the odds of you getting them. 6 suit combinations of AA out of 2652 is 1 in 442 (0.23%). The odds of getting 22 is also 1 in 442 (0.23%). 73, like any random set that isnt a pair; it has more suit combinations and the odds are 1 in 165.75 (0.60%). Same for 59 or J3.

If you take all the monster pocket pairs 10-A, there are 30 combinations and that make it 1 in 88.4 (1.13%) that your hole cards will be a pocket pair A-T. This increases to 1 in 34 (2.9%) chance to get any pocket pair as there are 78 combinations of suits that would make up pocket pair combos. Also as a reminder, odds don't change each time you get a hand. It is the same odds every time. So what are the chances of getting say 2 pocket pairs in a row? 1 in 1156. 3 Pocket pairs in a row are 1 in 39,304. Looking at AA twice in a row this is 1 in 195,364. Huge numbers, but this is the same for 22, 44,JJ, and so on.

In the end having AA,73,AA gives the same odds as 22,39,33 or 77,JJ,27; and that goes to show that it still equates to the same odds.

Looking at AK, AQ, or KQ, these combinations each have 16 different combos. AK is also 1 in a 165.75 chance, like any dissimilar cards. Now take the pocket pairs and every combo of monsters that only include combos T-A. From JT to AK combinations. This also includes TJ and OJ combos, and we will also include all pocket pairs 22-AA. This is calculated as 1 in 12 hands or 8.4% of the time. Pretty good odds and having 3 of these in a row is 1 in 592.

God I love math.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hi all was playing an online cash game yesterday and I couldn’t believe my luck I got some insane hands. I got pocket AA, 73, AA, 85, KQ, 77,KQ in that order, and then nothing lol. So it got me thinking has anyone else had a crazy mini run like this in the past?
Welcome to poker and variance. Even worse than getting a streak of bad hands, is losing with aces a couple of times to 2 outers!

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened to me, any hand you have in that period becomes a winner, but after it ends even with AA you lose

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This happened several hours ago in the Sunday CC free rolls on pokerstars.

In the Monthly FR, got no traction but was then dealt AA. There were some raises, then AA on the flop and I have quads. I let players bet into the board and I ended up tripling my stack holding AAAA. As you noted I also then went card dead (but cashed).

Meanwhile some minutes later in the Sunday $300 FR, with a lowish stack I was dealt AA again. Had a big stack go all in before I could act, I followed along with another and I tripled my stack. The very next hand I was dealt AA yet again, the same (not so) big stack player went all in with a valid hand and a little tilt, to face my aces a second time and I promptly knocked him out. I was now top ten stack, but once again won a few mediocre pots but was largely card dead and finished in the top twenty (okay score for the weekend $300!).

Just got to be philosophical. I would have liked another top ten finish in the $300 FR, but as the dust settled, to contemplate the fact I got quad aces shortly followed by aces two hands running and they all paid off handsomely was something to be grateful for.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a fairly typical situation for online, especially if you play a lot and often, once in a tournament I was dealt AA 3 times in a row, so there is nothing surprising here

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The times I've had a streak like that in tournaments, I've made it to the final table. I think the variance is in my favor.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The one that sticks in my memory is being dealt AA 3 times in 4 hands. It was heads up in a cardschat league game vs freeringo. He folded preflop to standard opening raises all 3 times:rolleyes:

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
it happened on gg pecker with me in 3 minutes of the game constantly or wagered for 2 pairs or for a set each hand hit the stack scored 75000 during this time, the aponent in second place was only 4530

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands