Im on a dead end?

masterjuanse

masterjuanse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Short Story.

I have been trying to improve my poker game for a long time now. Reading books, watching videos and streams and yes I have seen results not in a big way but they are getting better. The real problem comes here...I think that to my game to improve I must have a bigger bank roll or even a bank roll.. So im looking options of backing and of investing my own money. I have made my poker money just of freerrolls and just a few times I have deposited money by my own. Should I consider backing options or should I continue building a bank roll by my own?

Thanks in advance for your advices :).

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
to my observation if you dont have at least 70 sharkscope and on decent volume of games you will not get staked:)

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Good players don't look for sponsors - sponsors look for good players.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Dear masterjuanse, you don't improve by having more money to blow but rather by increasing your patience, cool-headedness and mental balance. Poker is a game where only a few ever see their investments return, and even fewer see them multiplying over time.
Treat is a hobby, not as a quick-and-easy way to get rich.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Few people manage to be profitable in poker and it is very difficult. To do this, it is not necessary to start with a large bankroll. So I know that I can not be profitable without freerolls and therefore I play most of the freerolls.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you should build your own bankroll, albeit slowly, but move forward.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no point in going all-in in a small pot. You can go all-in in a 3bet pot

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am confident that every player who is sufficiently disciplined and patient will be able to succeed on their own, without any help or additional investment.

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's about bankroll. You might see a better quality of player at larger buy-ins, but there are also idiots with deep pockets everywhere. Freerolls are hard but so are all tournaments, stick with them and be patient until you build your bankroll and play for fun whilst trying to put all your learning into practice. See it as free education rather than trying to make money. When you have built a decent bankroll, then you can move up if you wish, but a better game might also mean better opponents!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Short Story.

I have been trying to improve my poker game for a long time now. Reading books, watching videos and streams and yes I have seen results not in a big way but they are getting better. The real problem comes here...I think that to my game to improve I must have a bigger bank roll or even a bank roll.. So im looking options of backing and of investing my own money. I have made my poker money just of freerrolls and just a few times I have deposited money by my own. Should I consider backing options or should I continue building a bank roll by my own?

I think if you don't define your goals, it's very difficult to make any plans on how to get there. Are you still grinding freerolls and microstakes? Where are you situated and where are you trying to go?

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short Story.

I'll tell you the advice that an experienced player gave me at the beginning of my career - if I can't increase my bankroll to play at higher limits by playing poker at the current limit and I need additional investments, then this is a bankroll loss in advance.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I understand that they suffer greatly from the abundance of all kinds of information.They have seen enough and real so many conflicting materials,heard enough of who knows whose advice,that now,most likely,they just randomly poke buttons,hoping for the best.If you are still ready and study hard,maybe you should pay attention to those types where more degrees is decided postflop?.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have a similar situation. I started playing poker 7 years ago, and overall I have pretty good results. I also think I could make more money if my bankroll allowed it. Nevertheless, I consider my psychological comfort to be a very important point, and that is why I am not looking for an investment, but simply continue to work hard. Other people's money, investments can put pressure on you psychologically and you will only complicate your own progress.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that everything is possible from scratch. If you play for profit even at the lowest limits, then in a year you can build a decent bankroll ($2000-3000). Learn and move to higher limits.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not put in loads of your own money.

Start small and gradually building a roll from the micros, then move up to the small stakes when you are a long term winner over a big sample size.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest continuing to continue to build a bankroll on your own through freerolls. It is safer and more cautious.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye, i agree with previous message, stepby step learning through

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short Story.

Building a bankroll on your own requires less pressure than playing with investment money, it's a commitment that generates more pressure, but every person is a person, try everything you can! good luck on your journey!

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Build it on u to our own and play within it. I have never deposited money into a site. I have managed to cash in some freerolls which I have slowly built up. When I have enough that I can lose little without a big impact…I increase my steaks. You’d be surprised how different player can be at different stakes. You will lose and may lose quickly if your not ready for it. Be prepared to go back to your lower steaks and build up again. CC has many opportunities for you to add to your bank via, tournaments, leagues and even special events! Stay patient and play often!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know who will help you and in what form. I would never do this. Why be dependent on others. I also make my bankroll on freerolls.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think you are ready to go to the next level of poker, I don't see any problem in make a deposit in a poker room. You should treat this money as an investment, of course use only you can afford to lose. Of course you can still play freerolls, but nowadays it's not easy to build a decent bankroll from freerolls in a short period of time.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
ye, i agree with previous message, stepby step learning through
Looks like this masterjuan ^ is still learning or something since he has not been active since april :unsure: