I won a ticket for the sunday million... what now?

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Congratulations! And don't forget to stock up on as many of those satellite entry tickets as you can then pick those SNG main event entry games where you have notes and records on players you have bested in the past.

This is what I do:
I have PT4 so all of my table play is recorded. I make paper notes on what pros are playing and what they are doing (learning from the best). I make notes on specific players if there is something worthwhile. I make notes on satellite competitors so that when I meet them in the big game I know where they came from. After the game I review sharkscope and other leaderboards to see the skill level of the players in that game. Review the PS game replays also as mentioned earlier.

I try to last beyond the late registration in all games I play as a first step then past the bubble as my next. Both scenarios require some big plays to survive and may require folding AA, KK and other top starting hands and other times bluffing with garbage. I make sure I can justify my choices even if I made the wrong decision.

For timelines, a minimum of 20 seconds to a maximum of 12-18 hours is a generic baseline. At the 400 player mark I was at about 5 hours and a bit.

I've won a few satellite entry tickets and will be doing my best to get a main event entry also.

Last edited:
D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to find a good pre-flop chart and stick with it, take your breaks every hour to just not look at the screen / get water / use the restroom. And use your gut, if you feel you have the best hand, do what you think you need to do without regrets.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck! My advice, stay sharp, I find when the cards aren't there I force it. Don't do that and you will probably go deep. Again, good luck we know you have the skill (you got the golden ticket).

G

glxbetrxtter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all! I'm currently in the tournament, having mad fun! :D I am 214 on 3175 players, playing my best poker... Sorry for my bad english. I'm gonna give you guys updates as the tournament continues. Thank you all for your support!

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey all! I'm currently in the tournament, having mad fun! :D I am 214 on 3175 players, playing my best poker... Sorry for my bad english. I'm gonna give you guys updates as the tournament continues. Thank you all for your support!

Good luck hope you get a big score.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching your game what hand doubled you?
Good luck:)
Nice river catch:congrats:
June week 2

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahaha that's sick! I got soooo lucky on this one... Are you playing in the tournament?
Not this week ill be back another week good luck:hahaha:
250px-Terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Good luck. Watching. And remember of course that:
"To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are".
Big cash coming!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
looks like cash coming if box clever nh.:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::top:
June week 2

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything less than 157000 dollars is failure refuse failure T.I.D:fight:
Congrats on min cash keep going:congrats:

June week 2

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im watching you right now! Good luck mate :)

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Following your 9To hand, I should say - DON'T be sorry. Enjoy the chips hahaha

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:dancing2: You got this!! :party:

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some luck always helps all in flop wowsers gg
lot work to do still:)
June week 2

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
318th in the milly $567 best darn exciting introduction thread ever saw welcome to cardschat.
Tough tourney good game:top:
Would register to next sundays game hit exclude 12 hours playing then try satellites again tomorrow if had 567 in my roll.:)
June week 2

G

glxbetrxtter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, with deception i'm done at 350ish, paid 567$. I had a great experience, hoped for more because I once was fifth but hey, that's the game. I still have a lot of improvement to do, so to the people who watched my game, please comment some tips. Love you all, to the next sunday million!

G

glxbetrxtter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
318th in the milly $567 best darn exciting introduction thread ever saw welcome to cardschat.
Tough tourney good game:top:
Would register to next sundays game hit exclude 12 hours playing then try satellites again tomorrow if had 567 in my roll.:)
View attachment 219853

Thank you so much for having following my game!! If you got any tips let me know... i'll try myself next sunday with sats, loved the tournament, i'm trying to reach higher next time!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all, with deception i'm done at 350ish, paid 567$. I had a great experience, hoped for more because I once was fifth but hey, that's the game. I still have a lot of improvement to do, so to the people who watched my game, please comment some tips. Love you all, to the next sunday million!
Put part 2 in this thread next week fight urge to blow it elsewhere during the week and beat this puppy proper next time awesome run well done:)
You have a good aggressive style of play study your games week in and week out ft that game one day:congrats:

G

glxbetrxtter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Put part 2 in this thread next week fight urge to blow it elsewhere during the week and beat this puppy proper next time awesome run well done:)
You have a good aggressive style of play study your games week in and week out ft that game one day:congrats:

How can I study my hands that happened in the game? Is there some kind of log on PS?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They should be in your hand history folder if on PC.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Congratulations and nicely done! I was looking to see where you were intermittently and was rooting for you to make it into the top 100..Liv Boree was in the game as were a couple of other pros that didn't top out.
You will find everything you need to become a better player player in this forum as I have. If you have questions, Hugh is a great resource.
Looking forward to meeting you at the tables.:D