I Suck at online poker

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the micro and mini tournaments on bet online is dominated by donks. You don't finally get to solid poker until you hit a final table.

If they are dominated by donks, then they are very easily beatable. If you cannot beat bad poker players, then you can also not beat someone, who is better. For tournaments especially it takes a very long time to overcome variance. So if you have only played a few online tournaments, you really have no idea about, what your long term winrate is going to be.

Its not like, anyone can expect to win or even run deep in his first few attempts, if he enter large field tournaments. This is just not, how poker work, neither live or online. Large field tournaments are long losing streaks interrupted by an occational big cash.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I been playing for 15 years and play a few thousand hands per month.

Even part time players can play a few thousand hands online is a single DAY after coming home from work, or at least in the weekends. So online players have seen situations way more often than live players, and because of this they have a much more intuitive understanding of, what typical ranges will be, and what the best line of action is against those ranges. They are also not getting distracted by thinking about live reads, and they are used to making decisions much faster.

These are some of the most important reasons, why many live players face difficulties moving online. And to be fair online players certainly also need to adjust when moving live, so it kind of goes both ways. But over all I think, it is probably easier to learn to play online and then go live, than to do it the other way around.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you play online. you play more hands which is why it is less obvious to win some spots because of the variance. the level of play is higher and we also have less information about our opponents.I advise you to continue to train and replay when you will be confident and motivate again in your game.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they are dominated by donks, then they are very easily beatable. If you cannot beat bad poker players, then you can also not beat someone, who is better. For tournaments especially it takes a very long time to overcome variance. So if you have only played a few online tournaments, you really have no idea about, what your long term winrate is going to be.

Its not like, anyone can expect to win or even run deep in his first few attempts, if he enter large field tournaments. This is just not, how poker work, neither live or online. Large field tournaments are long losing streaks interrupted by an occational big cash.

Dominated by donks is the point. I play pretty tight. No reason I should be called by a similar stack size pre flop raise then get reraised with a 82 off suit . I've got AA and they hit a boat or trip 2s on the flop. You will never see someone call an all in love 8 2 off OOP pre flop. Unless they just have a pocket full of money and zero common sense.

Call it what you want. The low buy in tournaments are absolute garbage and I would personally steer clear of them unless you are just playing to stay sharp.

Take it or leave it. For me it's just not worth it anymore. I'd rather play a 15 sit and go double up or ring game.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dominated by donks is the point. I play pretty tight. No reason I should be called by a similar stack size pre flop raise then get reraised with a 82 off suit . I've got AA and they hit a boat or trip 2s on the flop.

These kind of bad calls are exactly, what you want. They are rocket fuel for your winrate, since they can not defy math against you in the long run. You are basically just complaining about a bad beat, and if you have played for 15 years, you should understand, that poker is a marathon and not a sprint.

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am killing myself trying to figure this out.
I play my local live games and just kill them, easy reads and the whole ball of wax. When I go play a live game around here, it's like pay me.
But when I play online, I SUCK, to put it lightly.
Don't get me wrong, I lose once in a while live, but it's rare.
What is so much different?
I feel like the flop never goes my way and when I get check raised and call, they still have the better hand with starting trash.
What do I do, my online stats suck, but I love playing?
Do I just play the private games for fun and save my br, or will it change, I'm going nuts here and don't know what to do. lol

Review your ranges from all positions. Look at your stats when you loose and see if you can spot any leaks in your games.

J

jepc18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has its advantages and disadvantages ... but if you can play quietly because on many occasions you will get bad plays but on other occasions those moves will be in favor the balance will stabilize...

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have not made a deposit, I do not think your online luck will change, I am in the same boat.

M

Milan Godhania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  1. Players playing online are gonna call all types of card
  2. More then one player calling in a occasion then they should
  3. In tournaments rebuy should be considered before playing as some players will attempt bluffs.