Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello,
I'm a new player of online poker. The main principle I understood was to build a bankroll. How did you start your own bankroll?

I started as I always do and that is to play in Free-roll MTTs and then when you have a small Bank-roll of $20 or $30 I use this to buy into Micro stake games of 10 or 20 cents.
The golden rule to building your bank-roll up is to Never! and I mean Never! buy-in to a game that is more than 1% of your bank-roll, so if you stick to this rule and are a half decent player there should be no problem for you to increase your Bank-roll and increase your stakes.
Sure I have losing streaks and some days nothing seems to go right but even though I may lose $15 in a single day over 10 or 12 games. it only amounts to around a total less than 5% of my bank-roll, If this happens I usually take a break for a day or two, do a little bit of studying and try and find where I am going wrong. I also have to feel comfortable with my buy-in amounts and now my pokerstars account is over $340.00, I can easily play in the $3 buy-in bracket although most of the time I will stick with $1.00 or $1.50 buy-ins.
Patience is a big part in Playing Poker. It is also a bigger part in building up your Bank-roll.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

A

andrestc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deposited $150 on PS and started playing $1 180man non turbo mtt sngs. Also playing some of the $1.10 scheduled ones.

Got around $650 now and I'm grinding $1.10 - $3.30 mtts, 1.5 45man and some 2.5 180man.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I increased my first bankroll from freerolls, took 3rd place, having received my $ 5. Then I managed to unwind well. I brought in several good micro-limit MTTs. Not the first places, but still my $ 1000 lay on the account. Soon the winnings had to be withdrawn due to domestic circumstances. Now I mainly make deposits of $ 5-10 :D

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By playing freerolls, satellites and micros.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management