How toxic is online poker really?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately, these throwable functions can be turned off, but the live chat must remain even if it is not always used.

A

ageloss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GR
Chips
Sometimes i big bad beat in combination with a lucky rude opponent can make you blow up!!!

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't think it's only lately... a lot of people are keyboard warriors and a lot of people are easily offended..... I think it's pathetic that poker sites remove chat. If people don't want to chat or can't handle chat they can turn it off or block the person.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i don´t care i don´t even have chat option open or anything

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Player toxicity and negative experiences with offline players can make it so that a promising poker player will never return to the poker table. Whether we like it or not, poker is still viewed with prejudice.You must always remember that poker is given life by amateurs.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.
online poker allows not to pay attention for toxic words. And it's of of the good sides of online format. I like it.

Silversurfer99

Silversurfer99

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i find that the cursing in chat has become fewer, since they decided to sanction those guys..in olden days there was alot more bad words used at the table (on pokerstars this is)

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Someone threw a throwable at me for having AA and getting max value out of the hand on the flop, turn and river. I think people just like to think they are better than everyone else even when they are beaten so throw around the donkey and toilet roll throwables. I find them toxic.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have disabled chat at PokerStars . No throwables not anything . I want to be focused at the game , and if I play many tables , then for sure there is no time for chat . I see chat is removed from some sites , this means sth . Throwables are irritating to see them being thrown all the time , it's good to be able to disable the throwables

I also agree that players lately are worse than in the past . Also it's the way they play , especially at the micro stakes and freerolls .

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't care about throwables. I just focus on the game :mine and opponents. Anything else is distraction.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
There is no chat on the phone at all so you won't see toxic people in poker, you can turn off the tools so that they don't throw them at you and you won't be distracted from it just enjoy the game If you throw a lot at you, then you're a lucky person and you win poker from below just enjoy the game

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, many funny items in online poker are created to cause a certain reaction from the opponent. I try not to pay attention if someone writes bad things in the chat or throws toilet paper, launches a rocket in my direction.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I notice the people at the table have gotten grumpier lately, you can even see it with the way things (throwables)are flying around . Maybe that's one of the reasons party poker removed the chat option. The good old: "good game" is close to non-existent anymore. Your opinions on the subject?
There are different tables, there are different opponents. Quarrels, insults, and the like only indicate a lack of upbringing, complexes and psychological problems. Players who seek conflict, insult others, in fact, simply need the help of a qualified psychologist, and with their behavior, they subconsciously demonstrate this.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From my experience, it's very difficult to find a toxic player, and when I find it I ignore him, it's the best solution I've found.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I notice the people at the table have gotten grumpier lately, you can even see it with the way things (throwables)are flying around . Maybe that's one of the reasons party poker removed the chat option. The good old: "good game" is close to non-existent anymore. Your opinions on the subject?
I have been playing regularly on NL2 tables for more than 1 year and then on eNL5.
I solved this issue easily.
When I played I got quite upset about throwing objects, and even discriminatory insults, etc.
Today I have the chat completely closed to throwable objects and comments from other players.
I play calmly, in general I notice when they are angry because you win a box, because on the other hand they want to reraise you and if possible take everything from you.
This does not affect me because I play my game consciously, and it is very likely that I will end up taking more boxes. So their anger in particular benefits me.
Greetings:):):)