How many here are excited about crypto poker?

Are you excited about crypto poker?

• Total voters
T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
I'm not advertising for any poker site, just poker sites in general that are crypto only, no fiat, so if you dont know what fiat is, that means no usd or gbp or eur or anything like that, only crypto.

I think many people who play poker dont know much about crypto and they get disinformation from the corrupt governments and banks and wef, its all the same, the corrupt elites who run the world.

Even if you dont know anything about crypto, i think everyone here knows how much problem there is with playing poker for so long time. The corrupt governments have since forever been making it so difficult for us to play poker. Sometimes we have to play illegally and underground clubs and because its underground and illegal it becomes dangerous too. Sometimes its in gray zone, legal but lots of problems and restrictions.

Want to play online poker (not crypto)? Well you cant play with the world. Corrupt governments split us up so we cant play with each other. You cant play on this and that poker site. You can't deposit/withdraw money from the regulated approved pokersites. They funnel us to play only 1 poker site and always problems.

Thats why crypto poker is great. It's freedom where we can play all together. All of the world can finally be playing poker together. Corrupt governments can't stop us if we play with crypto. Never have problems with withdraw/deposit again because it's crypto. The only way it will be a problem is if the poker site is corrupt/scam/broke, but you will never have problem with something you can deposit with mastercard but cant withdraw with mastercard, you can withdraw with bank transfer but cant deposit with bank transfer, you must withdraw same method as deposit, you can deposit with paypal but paypal dont let you accesss account or will deny transaction, i mean all this fiat problems dont exist in crypto.

The problem is that not so many play on crypto poker sites so if you are used to traffic like on pokerstars then you will be sad maybe. Also another problem with crypto poker is in these corrupt countries like the west we can have problems to change crypto to fiat which is needed to pay for food and rent etc.

But the world is changing, so hopefully soon it will be easier to live with crypto and never need fiat again and governments can't stop us.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Governments have long ceased to be something that works for people. They talk a lot about freedom and democracy, but nothing they actually do is either freedom or democracy. Cryptocurrency is our way to gain freedom from corrupt governments wherever it is - it is the same problem in all countries. In all, there are no exceptions. If you think that this does not concern your country, think again, because you are probably mistaken or simply do not know something.
Exchanging cryptocurrency for fiat is not a technical problem, but you may have problems with taxes and laws created by governments. You should therefore exercise reasonable caution and anonymity to the extent possible. The rules are becoming stricter, and what was possible yesterday has become difficult today, and may be declared a “terrible crime” tomorrow.
So use cryptocurrency. Maintain anonymity. Play poker and may the Force be with you!

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
As a Canadian not all at or ever likely. I don't much about crypto but I quick Google search of both poker and crypto when it comes to taxes in canada provides the following....

Poker winnings are tax free. Crypto profits are taxable in Canada and the CRA can track you're crypto transactions. Crypto poker is seemingly DOA for Canadians unless I'm missing something. I didn't look much deeper then a 5 min Google search.

EDIT: Have been thinking lately of trying out crypto trading thou. It certainly won't be getting mixed in with my poker if I do.

Cheers!!!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crypto-only pokersites are a cesspool of all forms of cheating since many of them dont require proper verification/kyc.

The general idea of OP that "the whole world" can play together is cute but unfortunately crypto-only sites are not the solution. "The whole world" basically means all sorts of cheaters/multiaccounters/scum that are already banned on other sites and are looking for other rooms/new rooms/ways to continue their shady practices.

So no, im definitely not excited about crypto-only sites and i will stay far away as long as i have other options. I would probably play on such a site site with proper kyc and security but that site does not exist by now.

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
Crypto-only pokersites are a cesspool of all forms of cheating since many of them dont require proper verification/kyc.

The general idea of OP that "the whole world" can play together is cute but unfortunately crypto-only sites are not the solution. "The whole world" basically means all sorts of cheaters/multiaccounters/scum that are already banned on other sites and are looking for other rooms/new rooms/ways to continue their shady practices.

So no, im definitely not excited about crypto-only sites and i will stay far away as long as i have other options. I would probably play on such a site site with proper kyc and security but that site does not exist by now.
kyc is anti-crypto. If you add kyc then we start to have the same problem as we have with fiat. All these corrupt regulations and licenses and laws that prevent us from playing poker.

Kyc doesn't prevent cheating.
You have seen the topics in this forum yourself probably about all these cheaters on all the big poker sites like pokerstars, ggpoker, acr, etc. Kyc doesn't stop cheating. Kyc doesn't detect cheating.

Even if a cheater is detected through other methods, kyc doesn't prevent that cheater from making a new account because they can simply use someone else ID, maybe a family, relative, friend, neightbor, homeless person, whatever, there are markets for this even.

So KYC doesnt detect cheaters and it barely does anything to detect previously banned cheaters. KYC really doesn't serve any effective purpose in combating cheating.

The poker world is better off without KYC.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am always looking for more places to play, but I would much rather have a regulated option than a site that disappears and takes my crypto with them.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
It’s fascinates me knowing a lot of players haven’t been exposed to crypto poker. Crypto poker enables players to play poker online using cryptocurrencies rather than or alongside traditional currencies. With an AI automated investment crypto trading platform, you have to put in your capital and watch your profits grow daily, you can do this on a weekly/monthly basis. BTC\ETH used as bonusing fuel, offering all benefits of the crypto world alongside.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
However it’s goes beyond playing poker online with crypto. It’s a two tier system where players are opportune to increase their volume with an automated staking crypto platform called the Avarice. As you may know in poker, as your bankroll increases, you'll typically find yourself playing at higher stakes.
The idea is building a solid capital foundation and watch your profit grow on a consistent basis. When players earnings have increased to the minimum buy-in, players are then eligible to participate in tourneys and special events like the yacht meet-up. The Avarice program originally is a capital management firm, the crypto poker option was developed recently as a way to incentivize users and also attracts poker players to stake with the platform. So you can decide to just stake your bitcoin and earn even without playing poker.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First of all, I have to say that I play on those sites on which I consider playing safely. I also believe that the method of depositing using cryptocurrencies is much more convenient than others, but not all sites offer this option to their players. I think it will change in the future, maybe in one or three years, but someday I think such an opportunity will appear. I am currently using the skrill payment system and I am completely satisfied with it.
As for your conspiracy theories of conspiracy, corrupt governments and so on, I think you have overheated a little, rereading the propaganda resources.

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
However it’s goes beyond playing poker online with crypto. It’s a two tier system where players are opportune to increase their volume with an automated staking crypto platform called the Avarice. As you may know in poker, as your bankroll increases, you'll typically find yourself playing at higher stakes.
The idea is building a solid capital foundation and watch your profit grow on a consistent basis. When players earnings have increased to the minimum buy-in, players are then eligible to participate in tourneys and special events like the yacht meet-up. The Avarice program originally is a capital management firm, the crypto poker option was developed recently as a way to incentivize users and also attracts poker players to stake with the platform. So you can decide to just stake your bitcoin and earn even without playing poker.
I dont know about the avarice program but I dont like the sound of them managing our money but it doesnt have to be bad, it can be good just gotta know if you can trust them or not.

But I just want to say I agree that crypto poker makes it easier to not lose money to inflation. Because if you have your entire poker bankroll in fiat like usd then you lose like 10% of your bankroll every year to inflation which is crazy. It means you can't have a big bankroll or you have to play a lot of poker and make a lot of winrate to make it worth it losing so much to inflation. This problem don't exist in crypto. In crypto there isn't inflation, only supply and demand but I won't discuss that here.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow that's new for me I've never heard about crypto poker but that's a great way to connect the world

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I guess withdrawals are easier there and take very little time, which is a good thing.

Crypto rooms could have a great future. But nowadays they're not popular, so veriety of games is very poor and its mostly cash as far as i know.
And interface is bad on those sites, well on those that i'm familiar with.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
kyc is anti-crypto. If you add kyc then we start to have the same problem as we have with fiat. All these corrupt regulations and licenses and laws that prevent us from playing poker.

Kyc doesn't prevent cheating.
You have seen the topics in this forum yourself probably about all these cheaters on all the big poker sites like pokerstars, ggpoker, acr, etc. Kyc doesn't stop cheating. Kyc doesn't detect cheating.

Even if a cheater is detected through other methods, kyc doesn't prevent that cheater from making a new account because they can simply use someone else ID, maybe a family, relative, friend, neightbor, homeless person, whatever, there are markets for this even.

So KYC doesnt detect cheaters and it barely does anything to detect previously banned cheaters. KYC really doesn't serve any effective purpose in combating cheating.

The poker world is better off without KYC.

This is true. Kyc is just a way to protect the poker room itself, but not the players. At the same time, players much more often need to be protected not from other players, but from the poker rooms themselves, since they do not always behave in an honest manner. And since they usually do not have any regulatory authorities, their honesty is solely a matter of their conscience and public reputation. Money, as you know, has no smell.