How do you react when someone interrupts you?

Saul2025

Saul2025

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
See. You are playing online poker. 100% focused. Sharp mind. Everything's going well.
Suddenly someone is entering the room with some question...

How do you react? Are you able to return fast to proper state of mind?

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
See. You are playing online poker. 100% focused. Sharp mind. Everything's going well.

Hello. What would you say if in almost all scheduled games you have to do something else (don't you have a break too?), or after you start the game and get to a good position, often first, someone starts debating strange, useless and annoying theories (if not with you, then next to you 😃 let your head explode). But it still happens to gather and a bunch of exactly who you don't want and you are apostrophized for not joining, or:eek:f again with your poker 😵...etc.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤬I also had periods of months when I didn't manage to do anything quiet, or I started with the devil in my head.
But from all this I still manage to learn something... priorities in my life, and there are enough of them.

I only react for myself 😉

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care multitasking it's my routine especially when everything going well

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a quick break then it does not bother me, but my family usually don't take poker seriously. Sometimes they ask me to do something else while I'm playing a tournament and they don't understand that I just can't stop to play a tournament and come back 30 minutes later.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would respond respectfully. If you are playing a lot and need to concentrate on the game - that would be a conversation you would have with other household members in advance. If that conversation has not been held then that is on you.

If you have had that conversation - and they ignore you then it depends on your relationship with that person how you should handle it.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Depends how they approach me. If they just have a simple question I have no problem just multi tasking and giving a simple answer. If they want my attention for a longer period of time I kindly tell them that I'm playing at the moment and will deal with that later (if it's not an emergency - which it usually isn't, just people wanting stuff done right away). If they keep pressuring me after it, I usually get mad and it's better to just stop playing then and there, because concentration goes to hell.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens so much it does not really bother me.

I just try to get back to the action and make sure that I am not sitting out on any tables.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't have a problem with that, the idea is not to stay too much on my head because then the distraction from the game is inevitable

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I ask them: is it important? if it is and it is friends or family asking, I quit playing immediately and help out, reason: family/friends first always.If it is not I answer: I am busy doing what I love and will get back to you later,leave me alone in my poker paradise.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The main thing in this case is to have a good rest, but when I'm tired - tilt and bad words are guaranteed

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I used to have or at least wanted to have that problem. It seems that early on in my online poker days that any excuse to acquire more "focus" was needed... Or so I thought. After a while none of that matters. I suppose it will just come naturally because I can multi-task now like a mofo, if you know what I mean. I've been in hands where I need to either make a nice raise or just call while holding a boat w/a nut flush on board while my wife inquires about dinner as the dog is puking and I have to suddenly go pee. Oh, and I'm also out of coffee! :LOL: Life, right?
I don't think I ever lose my "state of mind" since my outlook on poker is the same as life... See where you're at in the hand (highway/parking-lot/shoreline, etc.) and make the best decision possible. GL man.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am never rude or tell them to shush. I just don't listen or respond as well (at least when I'm active in a hand), besides the ones who interrupt me (and not often), are my wife, parents, and dog. Otherwise it is very quiet in my home.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I end up sitting out of hands and then realise one of my hands would have flopped the nuts then pure tilt!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't give attention when anyone enters in my room.
Also I keep my phone on silence till hourly break

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Видеть. Вы играете в онлайн-покер. 100% сосредоточенность. Острый ум. Все идет хорошо.
Вдруг кто-то входит в комнату с каким-то вопросом...

Как вы реагируете? Способны ли вы быстро вернуться в правильное состояние ума?
The right solution to this problem is to just do everything you can to play poker and make sure you don't get distracted by anything and no one distracts you, just ask about it and say that you're busy, and if you're not listening, then take other measures, but adults understand everything and you will understand too. I think, but if someone alarms me, I just answer their question and keep playing on

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, guys, different people have different situations. Debbie is right about everything 💯, you need to agree in advance on the possibility of being distracted. I react differently myself: I can get upset and that's why I choose to play late at night, with a minimum chance that someone will come up with something trivial and distract me. Although some of my friends know my nature, they still allow themselves to distract me with trivial matters. It's their own fault 😁😁😁😁🤟. Good luck and kindness to everyone!!!

romalion

romalion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I also find it a little difficult to focus on several things at once, but that was not the case with poker, it is not as distracting as some other things

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
lol... there are 4 kids, 3 adults, 2 dogs and 7 cats here, if I was ever not interrupted I would think the world came to an end!
LOL.
Here at home I have 2 children, 2 elderly women, my wife and 3 pets. Distraction here occurs all the time. I talked and my family understands and cooperates, but distractions still occur. Sometimes I play screen-sharing with my work and that's a huge distraction... lol. However, in this case this distraction has already given me good results because to compensate I play ultra hard and sometimes I get good results with that.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I react normally to this. This is the power of habit.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It bothers me but it is something that perhaps happened in the beginning when I lived with my childhood family, but since they understood it and saw it as something serious, they always took it into account, so in that aspect I have never had a bad experience.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
depending on how he interrupts you. If there are two or three outs on the river, I react very strongly. But not for long.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Видеть. Вы играете в онлайн-покер. 100% сосредоточенность. Острый ум. Все идет хорошо.
Вдруг кто-то входит в комнату с каким-то вопросом...

Как вы реагируете? Способны ли вы быстро вернуться в правильное состояние ума?
In such situations, I try to stay calm and self-control in the game. It doesn't matter what happened, you need to keep playing with a cool head. But if you can't be calm, then I would advise you to stop playing for now and come back when you're mentally ready. If you are playing a tournament, there is only one choice: find the strength to control yourself, otherwise you can make mistakes and even be eliminated from the tournament.