Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Lack of respect at the tables, should be like in all sports, treated with punishments! Players play by putting their strategies into practice, whether good or bad, they should not be challenged. Respect should always prevail between players!

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't care about it, but there's actually no way for me to know if they're insulting or not because I leave the chat closed.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If they get too annoying, I would just block that player from chat.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use the chat, at most the throwable ones, I think it's really cool on certain occasions.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't care, it just shows that the other player is not 100% focused. But I guess if it's on live poker then that would probably affect me.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I turn off chat altogether, I think it interferes with the game.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I don't care when offensive messages are written to me or to my opponents at the table, but when a player crosses the line, then I start arguing with him, I write to him constructively and reasonably that he is wrong, or that he has already annoyed everyone at the table with his messages, and surprisingly, it almost always works, the player simply leaves the table or simply stops writing, there have been cases when he apologizes. But there are also cases when a player ignores my comments or comments of other players and continues to write various nasty things, in such situations I just block him and peace comes)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
They can insult me as much as they want.

But if they insult a bad player/fish I get upset and call them out for being "bad for business".

Nothing more stupid than insulting players for bad plays.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Find it rather funny. Insults are part and parcel of life where I stay.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I think we should all have limits. Of course, some jokes are welcome, but we should all know the limit between a joke and an offense. The problem is that some don't know or pretend not to know. For these I simply block them. I don't talk to food.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

But if they insult a bad player/fish I get upset and call them out for being "bad for business".

Exactly this!

It is really stupid. I'm guessing this is why more & more sites are completely eliminating the chat feature on the tables (which is unfortunate as at times it would be nice to have (imo) & could be crucial for making deals on some final tables)

I think sites should permanently BAN chat from players who are berating other players.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How do you feel about insults in chat?
I've been insulted and that's why I have the chat disabled, now I pay attention to my game, taking advantage of it, I'm totally against throwables, I don't use them

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I think sites should permanently BAN chat from players who are berating other players.

Yea. Normally I am all for freedom of speech as long as you not specifically threatening another person's safety in an obvious way.

BUT: if they do the berating repeatedly, and not just on a separate occasion out of temporary anger I agree with you.

I saw one player sit and call others idiots, morons, and worse EVERY time he lost a pot against players with bad starting hands.

Many players got fed up and left. Can't be fun to be harassed if you are a recreational player.

He also constantly used the "throwables" like the garbage can and the donkey. So even if the opponent turns the chat off they get harassed.

Not very nice - but also stupid since you want players worse than you to enjoy poker.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How do you feel about insults in chat?
Players are different, and some are not quite adequate. Any insults during the game are unacceptable to me. Such behavior only indicates a lack of education and intelligence. Unfortunately, such players were, are - and will be, and probably the only thing we can do is simply ignore their offensive statements.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't pay attention to it so as not to get in a bad mood

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you read the chat less, then the negative will not be able to get into your mind. Provided that there are insults in the chat.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love it, it means they are on tilt and annoyed with your play
Exactly. They make themselfes an easy target, when they act like this.
They can insult me as much as they want.

On pokerstars I usually tend them a pack of tissues. Most of the time the message is understood, and the moaning will stop :)

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am not paying attention to the chat while playing. But I take advantage of those players who lose their temper... There's always room for their money in my pocket.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Normally, the player who insults in chat is always a technically weak player, he only demonstrates his weakness.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont need it, but it does show a lot about the players