How big was your first deposit?

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my first deposit was $ 20, but I quickly lost it!

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
deposit

My first deposit was at first the most minimal at that time -20 $. Of course, I lost it all, then I made approximately the same small deposits several times. The largest was $ 50. Unfortunately, they suffered the same fate. Now I made the minimum deposit again - and all I achieved was to keep it at the same stable level as the original:tomato::tomato::tomato:

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i remember correctly, my first deposit was like 10€ or something like that (min deposit needed at pokerstars) . Right now my bankroll is pretty broke. And i didnt got into positive numbers back then when i deposited first time. Had to deposit multiple times.

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I can remember it was $10 on PS.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first deposit was only $10 hahahahaha.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first deposit was 30$ and I lost it after 2 days.Fist day I was profitable, but in second day I was tilted and lost it.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first deposit was $25. Lost it in 3hrs.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first deposit was 20-30$ and I lost it very fast. I think it is better for the beginner not to make deposit. It's better to start from freerolls to learn playing poker.

Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it was 10$, the minimum deposit on bovada. lol.

B

bviscaino

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still do not make a deposit I'm seriously thinking
if I'm good or not in this game

T

ThatGuyTim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jancianna - What a great idea for a post!

My first deposit was after setting my alarm for freeroll after freeroll when I was in the seventh and eight grade. This was before black friday and I frequenly played on Poker.com as well as Fulltiltpoker. I had kept up this grueling schedule even on school nights and ended up making a few decent scores. The site was extrmely generous and had things like the christmas freeroll or halloween freeroll... these would have nearly 10,000 people and the prize pool was around $2500 or $5000 depending. Im pulling these numbers out of my rear end but I remember im pretty close. Well I made my first $100 and immediately took it to the tables - where I lost it in like a $.50/1 or $1/2. What I do remember specifically was CRYING that night because I had never had $100 before and I lost it in a matter of hours.

After licking my battle wounds I do the unthinkable - you guessed it - stole my moms credit card :eek: I was a turd and depo'd $50. I REALLY took my time and didn't touch the money for a few weeks while I kept up racking tiny freeroll wins. I wanted to see if my mom noticed and I wanted to learn more about the game. I was studying and watching videos... reading books. Whatever I could get my hands on.

No bullshit- I worked my way up to playing $10/$20 in a matter of like six months and ended up being one of the largest cash game players on poker.com ( I didnt have nearly as much success on Fulltilt and eventually ended up pouring all my efforts into poker.com.

I remember my first withdrawal was $9800. The check came from some bank in Singapore and I had to explain to my mom what happened.

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole

Hello Travis- what an amazing, insane story!! I can’t believe you grinded out free rolls at such a young age and after building a bank, losing it in one session/night. Must’ve been tough at the time AND then to have the balls to take your mother’s credit card was soooo wrong but funny xD. Glad you were able to make it back + some. Would’ve loved to see your moms face once you handed her a near 10K check to deposit. I bet it was priceless. Thank you for sharing bro.

Good luck at the tables!

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first, and only, deposit was on 888poker and it was $10. I turned it into $27 on that website after about 2 months, then transferred it over to PokerStars where I had accumulated $6 more in freerolls, plus got the first deposit bonus, turning my $10 into about $45 - which is what I play with today. I've withdrawn close to $200 in tournament wins (if I win $52, for example, I'll withdraw $50 and keep the $2 in my bankroll).

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first deposit was $50 on party poker back in 2003. Wow, haven't thought about that site in a long time.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
10 years ago, was for 10 usd at poker stars, and was easy to have profit with 10, nowadays is so difficult to do that with that amount.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

My bankroll sucks I lost chickadee food. Maybe it was the drinking. I doupt it because I would bought it with the pop and other groceries and beggers would got the rest before I knew I needed chickadee food.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I paid the 20$ during the registration into intertops. It was accidentally and I didn't want it (((
except if I have never made the deposit ))) the freerolls only.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars 30$ ps code Thirty :)
good luck on tables ;):jd4:

E

elmucu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My first deposit was 20 dolaritos, but in the first week I scratched them

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I paid a deposit of 10 dollars
and I played somewhere a month at small stakes or in Sit-and-go tournaments at 0.10 cents and 0.25 cents, raised to 100 dollars
then withdrew the money, now I play more freerolls and try to win so that I do not replenish the deposit in the poker room!

A similar situation, only I had a pretty strong roller coaster. I made a deposit of 10$ and as a result I reached 18$ on a spin end go, and they almost did not destroy me, since this cannot be called discipline at all as MTT or sit end go, where dispersion is especially strong. Because, believing in myself, I decided to play 1$ and as a result fell to 1.25$ and made the right conclusions on time, now I am going to my hundred, in fact only on freerolls! Deposit is needed if you ready to approach this responsibly.

S

spadeit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't remember exactly how much since it was years ago but definitely lost it in about 2 months. My biggest win was abut a $700 tourney win on Pokerstars but I learned what happens very quick when moving up too fast and blew it all up in Sit-N-Go's way above my bankroll and cash tables. Had a really hard time staying interested and playing right when moving down in levels and beat myself badly with impatient playing.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It was a great fear for me to deposit at the beginning.Started with 10$.So funny now!

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was 10.
Now I deposit 20 or 25 but I lost every time because I'm too stupid.
I hope make money later....