ever feel lucky seat online ?

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , I feel that sometimes I just have the lucky seat the whole tournament , talking about online poker , I have played a few cash games and tourneys and sometimes you just keep hitting the deck, even folded hands would have won , anyone else feel this way ?
I know it's just superstition perhaps , and some will say you're just on the "upswing" and will balance out by the "downswing" , I don't know about that though, I'm talking specific match where you get cards and wins easy enough, lol ...
what do you all think ?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is something for me that doesn't influence hands that are played. Once hand is folded, it is dead and out of mind. Reason why it was folded, move on. Do have times where cards are falling right but it doesn't run long. At best, might add a few percentage points on having the right odds to play.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand what you mean about the lucky seat. It's very rare for me, sometimes you just can't lose.

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had a few games play out as you describe, but i must say they are few and far between. I envy those that have been able to keep the lucky seat through more than one game.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, it's a well known and frequently referenced phenomenon. Check the rigged poker megathread here or elsewhere and you will find posts about this.

Personally I see this in almost any online game that I play. I don't know if it is a seat or a player that gets selected and just keeps hitting the flop with any two. Kind of like hitting the jackpot on a slot machine I guess. Sometimes it lasts an entire tournament and other times just for a few orbits around the table.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, it's a well known and frequently referenced phenomenon. Check the rigged poker megathread here or elsewhere and you will find posts about this.

Personally I see this in almost any online game that I play. I don't know if it is a seat or a player that gets selected and just keeps hitting the flop with any two. Kind of like hitting the jackpot on a slot machine I guess. Sometimes it lasts an entire tournament and other times just for a few orbits around the table.

You must be CRUSHING the games then as a result of this uncanny ability! Have you considered posting some videos? .. perhaps a site that us other less-gifted types could pay to watch?
It's obvious why you're not getting sponsored by the sites... sheesh! They should be paying you just to stay quiet!

Maybe a book with secret author? I could see that be a large money maker! errr.. 'moneymaker'.. get it?

L

lionel85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all , I feel that sometimes I just have the lucky seat the whole tournament , talking about online poker , I have played a few cash games and tourneys and sometimes you just keep hitting the deck, even folded hands would have won , anyone else feel this way ?
I know it's just superstition perhaps , and some will say you're just on the "upswing" and will balance out by the "downswing" , I don't know about that though, I'm talking specific match where you get cards and wins easy enough, lol ...
what do you all think ?

I think they are streaks ... the secret in poker is to win as much as possible in the good spells and lose little in the bad ...:deal:

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what do you all think ?

I don't think it's superstition. I feel like I have a lucky or "hot" seat sometimes, I will get hit with the deck and I will keep pushing it. Some people call this a heater, maybe they are right. It used to happen when I was playing live and I see a similar thing online. I also notice that at some tables, no matter what you or a certain other player start with, you will either win every hand against that player or vice versa. So, I do full on believe it. Matter of fact, when I am in a seat that is super hot, it ticks me off when I get moved.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, online Poker is a happiness, and it does not matter I play or not. If there is poker online I'm happy!

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it seems to me that the place for which they put me at the table, has a fortune or failure. Sometimes the tournament takes place very easily. And sometimes things get really bad. But I don't try to think about the great luck. More often the winner is the one who plays well.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Sometimes it seems to me that the place for which they put me at the table, has a fortune or failure. Sometimes the tournament takes place very easily. And sometimes things get really bad. But I don't try to think about the great luck. More often the winner is the one who plays well.

+1 :top:

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you all think ?
everyone has good days and bad days. some days i get all good cards some days i dont lol it all random

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you mean, sometimes i have the feeling i just cant loose, and on other days i do everything right and i loose alle the time...

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It happens to everyone sometimes.
Luck is always around in certain time and degree for everybody. O'course the opposite also happens.
But when the luck meets the skill, is a perfect combination.
Even donkeys receive premium cards and are on a winning streak sometimes. (I'm not calling anybody donkey). :)

Good luck

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if you think that it's lucky then it's lucky :) I think it's all in our minds but mind is a powerful thing, it's you that make it lucky:)

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life satisfaction and a subjective feeling of happiness are categories that, it would seem, do not always depend on us: people sometimes exaggerate the significance of their failures, believing that they are not lucky or have a black line. In the meantime, there are many simple ways to feel more happy than a minute ago.

No need to wait for the gifts of fate to become happy. We can experience a surge of happiness at any time!