Do you use the “Rabbit Hole” feature (if available) for your folded hands?

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hi there

The “Rabbit Hole” feature takes you down the rabbit hole to see what cards would have come out flop, turn and river.

Part of me wants to see if I’d have hit that straight or set, but I know that once I’ve folded, there’s no real usefulness knowing.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi there

The “Rabbit Hole” feature takes you down the rabbit hole to see what cards would have come out flop, turn and river.

Part of me wants to see if I’d have hit that straight or set, but I know that once I’ve folded, there’s no real usefulness knowing.
Hi.
I never use these features. It's a waste of time. I simply do not consider it necessary to know what happens next if I have already made a final decision for myself. Everything that follows is based on the decision I made :)

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Lmao, I always wondered what this rabbit shall be and never dared to click on it, :D
So, well, no, I am not using it and I will not use it. What is folded, that is folded.
I even go away from the screen when I went all in or so.
I do not care anymore when there is no need to care anymore. :D
You will have no control about what hands will come after folding or going all-in.
Just my opinion

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I haven't heard of such strategies but I'm thinking about pot chances that you can call on the flop or turn to see if you will get the combination you need. If the chance the pot allows you to call to see one or two streets, then of course it's worth it with the right cards, but sometimes it's higher than the pot's chance and many people call so you'll be at a distance in the red of such winnings

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there

Well I sometimes click on the rabbit but it can be a very bad idea... :eek:

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, I don´t use the rabbit hole function. Like the others said, I don´t need to know whether the remaining cards would have helped me.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If a site has a rabbit hole feature it could give you some useful information from time to time on what your opponent didn't have.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't play on any sites that have that feature but if I did I don't think I would use it generally

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I use this function, and I am very happy when the results do not suit me) Since I threw away the cards for good reason 😀
exactly, I do the same
If a site has a rabbit hole feature it could give you some useful information from time to time on what your opponent didn't have.
interesting, another reason to use this feature

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sites, where I play, dont have such a feature. If it was available, I would not use it, because its just a way to distract yourself and become more results oriented. Folding 72o preflop was not a bad decision, just because the flop would have come 772 or 722 ;)

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I use just for fun. It doesn't affect my future strategy, but keeps the stress away. It's like smoking a virtual cigar during play.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't need to be more nervous than I am after folded my hand (sometimes real good). Moreover I think that's a base for wrong move in next hand

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont have that ability today but have in the past. I never used it and never would. Once the hand is done it wont change anything in the grand scheme of life. 2nd reason is as long as my decision was a correct one at the moment I made it it does not matter if or in i would have made the hand. Also see I would have won after making a call that would have been the wrong decision only promotes making a mistake.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting question and to read people’s opinions.

Whilst rabbit hunting is generally frowned upon and often against the rules, I have been playing on a site recently that has a ‘rabbit hunt’ option..

I don’t always opt to see, but regularly do.

Not to qualify my decision, I’m generally pretty confident whether my fold or call was correct under the circumstances, whether I would have hit or missed is irrelevant after folding as other have mentioned…

The reason I rabbit hunt is to check how I’m running, or would have been running (more accurately).

When I’m on a heater, I’ll play somewhat wider and more speculatively. The opposite when on a cooler but generally in the middle.

For me the rabbit hunt option is giving information that is otherwise unavailable.

While one single river that I would have connected to isn’t going to sway me, if there were a succession of missed catches or catching crazy draws, that might imply to me that the sun is shining and it’s a good time to start running… 😙🎵🎶

Now when back playing on sites without that feature - I miss it.

Have always been somewhat susceptible to chasing white rabbits down rabbit holes… 😂

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
sometimes I click on it to see what would have happened but its worthless...
Just an asumption to discuss: could this sensless tool be rigged to show what perfect cards would have been dealt to me ? again and again ? To convince me, hey play more loose ? to bring more money into the pot? so 888 gets more money?

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi there

Well, depends how many tables are opened, if I have the time, could be interesting to get a better idea about hands the opponent has, and how connected Your hand is with the river,:unsure: what this damned algorithm is doing after all?

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi there

I'd never even heard of that, and I know that it would suck me in because I'm always curious. :)

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would use it even more at partypoker but the software "charges" points for everytime you do it, not like GG and 888

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I play on PokerStars where it's not available, though have tried out GGPoker recently and to be fair I'm not a fan of this thing.
If I took a decision and fold, I don't need any confirmation that I did it well. Or what is worse, I don't want to see if I would have hit the turn or river.
If I believe I made a good decision, I don't want to see if I would have gotten lucky - that could just mislead me.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker