Do you use the “Rabbit Hole” feature (if available) for your folded hands?

R

raichek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, but usually not, because I don't see the point in it.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I look if I'm interested, I don't get that frustrated if I'd folded and the draw became nuts or I folded pre and the flop was pretty good for me. I'm using this feature very often and I would say that more often than not there were no benefiting cards, so it serves as quite a confirmation of my decisions 😀😀😀

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi there

The “Rabbit Hole” feature takes you down the rabbit hole to see what cards would have come out flop, turn and river.

Part of me wants to see if I’d have hit that straight or set, but I know that once I’ve folded, there’s no real usefulness knowing.
If I could use the rabbit before betting or calling the hand, then I certainly would.😜🤪😁🤣

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes i use the Rabbitrun on GG just for checking if i had won the pot, but sometimes it is so frustrating when u fold a huge hand and then u can see the river makes u win the pot lol ;)

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The feature is useful when reading players and correlating pot odds post game. That is, knowing your odds and what could have come up to wipe you out when bluffing and testing player limits to see what card range they will play or fold..some players are foolish enough to show what they tossed...not a recommended tactic unless you're advertising for future plays.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi there

The “Rabbit Hole” feature takes you down the rabbit hole to see what cards would have come out flop, turn and river.

Part of me wants to see if I’d have hit that straight or set, but I know that once I’ve folded, there’s no real usefulness knowing.
Hello, at first I used this feature and realized that it was very annoying and it just doesn't make sense. So on all poker rooms where this feature is available, I just turn it off and it's much better.

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Didn't know about this feature but not sure I will ever use it.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I do. It's very tempting to use this feature.
But I don't think it helps in any way.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like using it generally . When it's a freeroll I might not do it , especially if there are many opened tables and I have no time to spend for these things .

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, so this post is a little old but I just saw it and I have a comment to make. Rabbit cards make no sense at all in online poker, it's just a gimmick. The reason being that in the early days of online poker the shuffling algorithms were static just like a real deck of cards. The virtual deck was shuffled once at the beginning of the hand and the Flop Turn and River cards were fixed ever after, just like in real life. It didn't take long for the computer nerds to realize that, based on their hole cards along with exposed board cards, they could determine the seed number of the RNG and thus predict the river card with perfect accuracy. They were actually able to do this at an early online card room called Planet Poker. Fortunately for Planet Poker these eggheads were more interested in the exercise of cracking the algorithm than they were in cleaning up at the tables and reported their findings to Planet Poker as well as the rest of the online poker world, small as it was. Ever since then every online virtual deck is reshuffled continuously and the RNG seed replaced based on random and unpredictable events like mouse movements, or the time it takes to click the fold button or the current temperature in Dubai or whatever. So, unlike in live poker the next or last card in the deck changes continuously making Rabbit Hunting meaningless, the card you see is unlikely to be the card you would have seen. Incidentally this also applies to any street at any time so think of that next time you kick yourself for folding 72 when the flop would have brought you a full house. It's the right way to look at it anyway, even at a live table.

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. Its pointless if you made the correct play it doesn't matter what happened on later streets. That's like being sad you folded 72o cause flop came 772 :)

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, absolutely! I think that is a fantastic feature that adds an extra element of satisfaction to every hand.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the rabbit does not really show you what would have happened had you stayed in the hand.

When you decide to fold I think the RNG stops and if you would have kept going the results may have been different.

Even if the rabbit really displayed the correct results I do not think its beneficial to look - because then you end up being results oriented instead of just trying to make the correct play. Say you had 2c3s in the big blind and the flop comes Kh, Jd, 8s, and a villan bets pot, and you fold - the turn is a 2h, and the river is 3d and you would have won the hand if you had stayed. You made the correct play and should not worry about the results.

Last edited:
Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
We call it "Rabbit hunting" and No I don't want to see any further cards once I decide to fold, as it is the quickest way to put you "on Tilt!"
Second guessing yourself after the hand is dead can lead you to make mistakes in future hands, Calling when you should be Folding or making stupid moves on other players.
Once the hand is over, it is time to move on and play the next hand, It is bad enough when involved in a 3 player pot, that you fold on the flop, only to see the other two players play on, and the Turn and River would have given you the "Nuts" if you had stuck around.
That's Life! That's Poker!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker