Do you trust online poker?

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust computers mind but i think he can make someone win 10 times in arrow and that hurts a lot in tournament.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I trust 99%. I think there's lot of times aces fall on the board

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking about online poker, I'm not going in a round where I'm 2/3 in hand, here comes the card and it appears 3-3-2 and you wonder why I did not play this part? enters for you AA, you bet and think that you will win, your opponent goes with 7/8 and fafaz 2 pairs and wins from you. and so, should I rely on poke online.

Your scenarios you presented are applicable to live poker aswell. 32 is not a great hand and should only be played under cetain circumstances.

Aces can also be cracked by two pair in live poker if you did not already know this :top:

Anyways, I trust that poker rooms use random algorithms to shuffle the cards, they have no reason to rig the game as it would surely tarnish the reputation of the room, which reputation and player base are the two most important metrics for a poker room.

With all the tracking and database programs now it is easy to track how lucky/unlucky you have been. Most people that claim internet poker is rigged are people who are losing becaue they use a poor strategy, and instead of improving they blame it on the software.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I trust online games. But yes, sometimes there are such awkward hands - it just surprises. I get upset of course, but I understand what this can be. It happens and vice versa - is not it? And when we win for some reason, we don’t think about the issue of trust in online games.

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you sometimes i also have that feeling that the opponent gets a big advantage with bad hands and i have hands like QQ or JJ and i lose thats really frustrating:mad:

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I don't trust myself, that I won't tilt.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, a very large percentage of online poker plays and good luck. Many complain about the reins of a pair of aces with small cards of the opponent, just in this hand he was lucky more than You and it will occur quite often in online poker.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't trust online poker at all. No one should.
50NL is the highest level I'll play online - just don't trust an unregulated industry in the USA.

K

Kaski54

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not trust, because I had a pair of aces, and the enemy 2 7 offsuit, and he won = (

Its a sarcasm?
Irony?
Well, AA does not give You a guarantee to win a hand.
AA against 2 3 off gives You only 87% chance to win. It means, more or less, 9 of 10 hands.
It can happen to anyone to be unlucky and hit the one losing hand lol.
It is frustrating but it happens!
It’s called selective memory. You remember only unusual things. The one called ‘normal’ fly away from Your mind.
Online poker is strange. It gives a lot of fun if You can accept the fact that You are losing more often than win.
The challenge is to keep your payouts bigger than buyins. And to do it, You need to achieve money zone 20% of games You are playing.
In my opinion the question is wrong. ‘Trust’ is reserved to people rather than artificial things.
The real question is if online poker is rigged or not. The answer here depends a lot on poker room. I play pokerstars and do not think it is rigged.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I didn't get strong cards even by an hour then i just stopped believe in pokerstars.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's there to think? Online poker, as the practice of many players, is in most cases roulette

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trust Only Your Self!!! You Will Be The only one who will ever let you down...

Online Gaming Is Worth Billions...

Little tweaks Here and Procedure Changes there can make differences of hundreds of millions in profit...

The People steering the Ship, I wonder just how far they can be trusted? They Can be trusted to do what ever they can to increase profits.

We can trust that we live in a world where law's can be brought for a price by any Corporate Group Giving donations and Buying Politicians...

Issues can be hidden behind confidentiality agreements and transparency in RNG coding leaves alot to be desired when there are no Law's Governing Either the Transparency or How RNG Prizes are distributed...

Trust? or Confidence?

Do You Feel Confident that the Money You Spend On your Favorite Platform will Get you the Value for Money you desire?

I'm Confident that I Trade in my lack of trust and even leave it at the door when I've been paid off with a good Bonus/Rewards Scheme lol

Yes My Price Is Low but Don't we all feel a little better about losing when it feels like we've gotten something back, like in the form of a bonus kick back, just a shame each kick back is designed to drag you back to the tables and to deposit more money...

So Trust is relative, Yes I trust that Online Poker will Always earn more money for the platform than can be made by any individual playing that platform lol

attachment.php

G

geordieneil

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did, but somethings on "unnamed sites" are mighty suspicious, I genuinely believe their greed has got the better of them and not all players are real........ one site in particular

When I didn't get strong cards even by an hour then i just stopped believe in pokerstars.

Strong starting hands is where my paranoia kicks in....... the "I know i'm gonna get ****** here" :):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker is safe and if you play it in safe and secure known poker rooms, you do not have to worry about problems.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just fold aces preflop and you will be ok.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just fold aces preflop and you will be ok.

"unnamed sites" are mighty suspicious,....... one site in particular

Rahatis: I want to play at your table... if its 888Poker just wave at me when your preflop is too good to play...lol

geordieneil: Please don't leave us Hanging... It's OK to speak your mind in this world and the forum is the place to do it for sure... It would help other members should they feel the same about a Particular Site/Platform/Poker Room... Sharing is Caring...

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do trust online poker though I do not rule out any possibility.
More the future nobody knows, anything can happen.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beats are just a part of poker. It's what makes the money go round. Although with some of the hands I've seen it makes you wonder if some of these people have software that teels them the outcome of the hand. I keep saying to myself "I can't believe you played that hand and beat me with it."
Do I trust online poker? Not enough to put money into it but I sure will take advantage of the freerolls.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like prefer playing at live tables but most times I can only play online. Granted that the same turn of the cards can happen online that happens on a real table but it seems that online the seemingly improbable happens more regularly so to answer your question sometimes online poker seems a little suspect.

R

rwillie77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Don't Trust It

Here are a number of bad beats I have experienced in the recent past and I don't play that often. Seems I get beat many times by 2 outers.

1/25/2019 Tour: Dealt 2, 3 spades, flop comes 45J spades, opponent calls my all in, has set of fours, J comes on turn giving him full house.

Tour: Dealt 6, 10 off, folded, flop shows 7, 8, 9

Cash: Flop straight, opponent calls all in: He gets 7c on river giving him full house.

1/28/2019 Tour: Dealt AQ, opponent calls all in with A10, 10 on the flop gives him win

1/29/2019 Tour: Dealt KK, opponent 3 raises, I shove, he shows AA with A on the flop

2/8/2019 Tour: Dealt J9o, flop comes J, 9, K, All in, opponent has Q,10 for straight.

2/8/2019 Tour: Flop gives me a straight, I shove, opponent gets runner, runner hearts for flush

2/13/2019 Tour: Dealt pocket Qs, All in, opponent shows Ks

2/15/2019 Tour: Dealt Q9, all in, opponent shows 45o, gets a straight

2/28/2019 Tour: Dealt pocket Queens, opponent wins with pocket Kings

3/1/2019 Tour: Dealt 9 10 off, flop all below 8, turn 9, I shove, opponent calls with pocket 7s and rivers a set.

3/1/2019 Tour: Deal Q4c, flop is 2 clubs, turn is 4 of clubs, board shows 2 9s, I shove, opponent beats my flush with pocket fours for full house

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weird things happen from time to time in poker,but thats normal,and you see it a lot more online then live because you play a lot more hands online.

True... 3 tables at a time... makes 3 tables of bad beats possible... and faster cards... time limits... also faster

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there
I Agree with one of the posts here
You see it happens more and more on line because you play more hands than in live
But....it happens for sure
Rgds

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had no chance and opportunity to play live. I play online. And I like this opportunity.

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats are just a part of poker. It's what makes the money go round. Although with some of the hands I've seen it makes you wonder if some of these people have software that teels them the outcome of the hand. I keep saying to myself "I can't believe you played that hand and beat me with it."
Do I trust online poker? Not enough to put money into it but I sure will take advantage of the freerolls.

You’re absolutely right. There’s gotta be some software that a player can see the whole board before the turn and river comes out, probably worst....when they get their whole cards.