Do you trust online poker?

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion there is no special difference where this situation will happen - in online poker or when playing live poker. Of course there's an element of unreality to what happens when your aces are moved, but I've seen situations in live poker where a full house of aces and kings is beaten by the Kare kings. That's where all the eyes on the forehead got out and I guess someone thought that all built!

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At low levels, you can still win something, and on high there are only crossings. You wait for a good card for years, as a result, you merge the entire bank. Cheating and cheating! Never play online poker!

Gamer1

Gamer1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play with any card, start playing tight with AA always by 23 45 a lot of pockets in general it goes well. Play for fun and do not worry, it's just a game.[emoji1]

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think what most players don't take into account is the amount of hands they see online on average vs. live play. I hear people saying all the time that they feel like they get sucked out on more online. They aren't realizing that yeah if you are multi-tabling of course you will see more of these types of situations more often due to the higher volume they are putting in. Variance will always play a role but in the long run strong players will come out on top.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking about online poker, I'm not going in a round where I'm 2/3 in hand, here comes the card and it appears 3-3-2 and you wonder why I did not play this part? enters for you AA, you bet and think that you will win, your opponent goes with 7/8 and fafaz 2 pairs and wins from you. and so, should I rely on poke online.
What you are talking about is simply called poker lol. You must learn position, how to raise , méthode of playing , bluff ,and u need a biit of luck . And YES , I trust online poker .

L

lantz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you play long you will get bad beats and give bad beats to someone that should have beat you it levels out with time and as your skills improve you play better but bad beats will always be there

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not trust anyone without excluding myself. Choosing a decision takes a risk, it's important to be EV + :D
"We know so much about ourselves how much we have been checked"

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general I do, however I played in a hand on wpt where there were two ace of clubs on the table at the same time, they asked me to send a photo which I did
Their response to me was it was an , anomaly??? Swear it’s true

500hpawd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Main reason I do NOT trust online poker is because from every account I have ever loaded their HHs into PT4 no matter how many games they've played their net chip won vs chips actually won is never even close. Every account doesn't run -chip EV forever, I'm sorry it just doesn't happen sorry! If anyone thinks your HH would come back with you running CLOSE TO EVEN CHIP EV please send your HH to me and I will keep your history and name to myself I just want to see it! Must be a minimum of 100 games

N

new_player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree sometime u just feel the game is trying to put u out .I see people do bad calls all the time and get rewarded for it..also feel bot are the real problem like they know what hand to call and win ...very weird

I agree. I use to deposit money online to play but now I'm just too scared. I'll built up my bankroll from FR first than if I see that I'm doing good I'll then consider making a deposit to play on the bigger money tournaments :D

Main reason I do NOT trust online poker is because from every account I have ever loaded their HHs into PT4 no matter how many games they've played their net chip won vs chips actually won is never even close. Every account doesn't run -chip EV forever, I'm sorry it just doesn't happen sorry! If anyone thinks your HH would come back with you running CLOSE TO EVEN CHIP EV please send your HH to me and I will keep your history and name to myself I just want to see it! Must be a minimum of 100 games

Sorry, if you don't mind letting me know what is HHs, PT4 and EV?

Last edited by a moderator:
quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

HHs = hand histories - basically collection of hands played which most sites let you see in your hand history or through PT4 or HM2.
PT4 = PokerTracker 4 (some also use HM2 = Hold'Em Manager 2) - software you can run that tracks all your hands played (and if on site with user names, the other players hand histories). Can also come with a HUD (heads up display) that offers near real time stats on your opponents tendencies as expressed by percentages/frequencies.

EV = expected value. Basically do we expect to be positive or negative value long term taking a certain line, play, hand.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

HH = Hand History
PT4 = Poker Tracker version 4 - a statistical tracking software
Chip EV = Chip equity/Expected Value - the concept that the play being made is likely to allow the player to win or lose chips. This is a little advanced for beginners, but basically you need to determine your opponents range and style of play, then consider your hand vs his range/style and the possible outcomes of every action (fold, check, raise, all in etc). Then you add all of the percentages and it leaves you with the statistically most justifiable play. Mostly applies to tournament poker.

Hope this helps ;)

N

new_player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HHs = hand histories - basically collection of hands played which most sites let you see in your hand history or through PT4 or HM2.
PT4 = PokerTracker 4 (some also use HM2 = Hold'Em Manager 2) - software you can run that tracks all your hands played (and if on site with user names, the other players hand histories). Can also come with a HUD (heads up display) that offers near real time stats on your opponents tendencies as expressed by percentages/frequencies.

EV = Expected Value. Basically do we expect to be positive or negative value long term taking a certain line, play, hand.

Thank you very much for sharing that info with me! Great info!:)

HH = Hand History
PT4 = Poker Tracker version 4 - a statistical tracking software
Chip EV = Chip Equity/Expected Value - the concept that the play being made is likely to allow the player to win or lose chips. This is a little advanced for beginners, but basically you need to determine your opponents range and style of play, then consider your hand vs his range/style and the possible outcomes of every action (fold, check, raise, all in etc). Then you add all of the percentages and it leaves you with the statistically most justifiable play. Mostly applies to tournament poker.

Hope this helps ;)

You explained it well. Thank you very much for the info! I got a whole lot to learn. I don't even know how I make it to the final tables lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:
cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a question that you should ask before you get into the online poker! At first I was pretty sure that this is a scam or another algorithm, but nowadays I think that all evolves both (skill and luck)

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Razira is that you have to believe that online poker that everything that happens can happen to live. In online poker it happens often, because we played many hands and this probability is high.

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good to play poker with the understanding that bad luck is right ...
And to know enjoy when she does not show up for take profits.

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see a lot of good and a lot of bad in online poker. Kudos to poker rooms like partypoker because they will actually drop money in your account if they find out about bots and collusion. Kind of like stripping someone of a medal after they were caught doping and redistributing it accordingly. They are proactive, but it still doesn't change the fact that once these ones are caught more will pop up.

Then there are some sites where pros have made a lot of effort towards exposing bots but these sites (mostly based in Costa Rica) don't do anything about it.

There are also some sites that close up and you never see your bankroll again. Don't need to mention any names, but this has happened to us on multiple sites.

So i guess my answer would be no i don't trust them, but i trust some more than others.

People ask me things like "dude why do you play if you don't trust them?" for me its easy. Of course i play even though i don't trust them completely. You cant win if you don't take the chance.

A

axiom87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact that you don't have face to face interaction and the use of AI poker bots puts online players at a disadvantage. You can tell a lot from a persons eyes and facial expressions. I've found that more beginner players play online because it is less intimidating sitting in front of a computer screen than at a live table, so there are pros and cons to both. Technology is convenient, so personally I play a lot more online poker than live poker.

SurviveOnYou

SurviveOnYou

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Magic612

To be honest i don't trust online poker for shit. It's not regulated. I would recommend watching this video of a guy called Magic612 he has hes own channel where he has a ton of videos where the most unlikely things happens. i watch them just because he rages a shit ton :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNkVS0Mn2XE&
Yeah he has so much content and he is so unlucky. I'll never forget that episode where he miss clicked the call button and flops a straight and still loses. Poor guy, but his videos are very entertaining.

ChrisCreys

ChrisCreys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I do. Is there any other reason why we should not trust?

K

Kaski54

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah he has so much content and he is so unlucky. I'll never forget that episode where he miss clicked the call button and flops a straight and still loses. Poor guy, but his videos are very entertaining.

The videos shows real poker.
It happens. Sh......t happens.
AA, KK,QQ does not give 100% chance to win.
You cant 100% trust online poker.
Still there are people who wins on long term.
Online poker should be fun. If it is not... Stop playing.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I trust.Online poker is not rigged. :hmpf:

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not trust, because I had a pair of aces, and the enemy 2 7 offsuit, and he won = (