it just doesn't happen very often

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I trust... But you need to know where you are playing... need to be a reliable poker site... Those poker rooms there are not very famous, I rather not to put my money on them.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I trust the sites, but a few could do more about bots, dirty rotten multi entry cheaters, and colluders.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure your question but, Do I trust online poker? 100%, absolutely, positively NOT! Will I continue to play online poker? Yes! Call me a sucker but I'm going to keep doing it. Bad beats on all.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes very strange and rare results occure, like the software is attacking to you!!

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another thing I noticed is that when you are short on chips, you can make a great game, but that player will appear with a large chip and he always makes a better game than yours, and as if he was really made to take you play.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

I don't believe in the software. The owner of the software can manipulate the results.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch this event since I started to play poker. In stars room this happens often

P

prostock_55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really. The problem I find is that a lot of these rooms I swear have bots that play for the room and also bots that other people put into the room. Therefor I believe you are always at a disadvantage when playing online. Will I continue playing online? Of course I will but I will always have a open mind when playing online and just accept the fact that I lose more often then win.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
+1 This answer

It can certainly feel at times that the software is out to get you when opponents chase with marginal hands and hit on the river, etc. We've all been there. But I think this feeling comes more from thinking you "deserve" to win the hand because you had AA and you can't believe that your stupid opponent would even play 32o, and not being disciplined enough to fold your AA.
When people say that online poker is rigged, they never define "rigged." Do they mean rigged against them personally (this is silly), or rigged for the site to maximize rake? If it is rigged in any way, it has to be the latter. However, if it is "rigged" to maximize rake, think about what this means. I love Magic612's videos too, especially the one titled "Brokeback Mountain." I've never laughed so hard in my life. But let's look more critically at the two theories he always repeats in his videos.

In cash games, that the software is set up to coordinate the board to players' hole cards to keep as many players in the hand as possible (chasing down to the river) in order to cap the rake. Even if this is true, it has to mean that it is rigged against all players equally, which is the same as saying it's NOT rigged at all.

Or in tournaments, if the software is set up to knock certain players out at certain times, both to speed up the conclusion of the tourney and to make players re-enter or buy in to other tourneys (again maximizing rake for the site). Even if this is true, in the long run this would happen to all players with equal frequency. Anyway, people find it hard to accept the fact that you will bust in most tourneys you play no matter how good you are.

Ultimately, the decisions still come down to you, and you have to accept full responsibility for the decisions you make at the tables. The software is not forcing you to stay in a hand, nor is it stopping you from folding your big hand on an unfavorable board when you know you're beat. If you watch Magic's videos carefully, you'll see all the big hands he folds when he senses he'll lose or when opponents are being super aggressive. If your gut tells you should fold or you have the feeling that a hand will end up badly for you, just fold your hand and wait for a better spot. You can still beat the game if you're disciplined enough, which most people aren't (I include myself here).

You hit the nail on the head! The name of the game is not poker, it is discipline. Pocket Aces does not guarantee you a winning hand. It's human nature to remember your aces getting busted by questionable hands, but not the umpteen times that you have pushed your bluff with a J4s to suck out a flush on the river.

As for the Magic videos, funny as they may seem, people are not taking them for what they really are -- entertainment. The videos are not advice. You watch enough of them, then you get it into your head that this is how online poker is in the real world. I liken this with product placements in TV, movies, and kids cartoons. You see it enough, then subliminally you just have to buy what somebody is selling.

Forums are a place where people usually come to vent and perpetuate the venting itself. This thread is no exception. Just look at the several one-line, barely readable, posts using the word "rigged", but no explanation of why they think it is rigged. The uninitiated, novice poker player will generally have the main takeaway that all online poker is, well, rigged!

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I've been playing for several years now and I do not see any special results in the game .. Recently, I have been plagued by doubts about the honesty of online poker. The more I play the more I meet the absurd moves, coolers and other dirt in the game. I do not know what this is connected with, but can not the same cards fall out three times in a row, one by one, in the tournament ?! What is the probability of this? Maybe someone will explain what's going on with the game? Please share your opinion about this. Thank you!

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totaly agree with you man

Totally agree with who exactly? If you have something to say about whether you think online poker is rigged or not, then speak up.

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know. but I think "yes". bcs every poker room should get lisence.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
occasionally happen rare things in poker, but that's normal, and you see much more online than live because you play a lot more online.

Then, as you say, many more hands are played in Linia to live. What if, now eh seen several players wonder whether you are a player for the chat. To know you're not a bot. I think it's a good idea Greetings

Last edited:
BigGrayWolf

BigGrayWolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that everything is controlled, especially on the Internet, especially on online poker tables.

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please indulge me here, fresh in my memory, so my thought on do I trust online poker. Last night I shoved K3s in the bb with 12 bb over a min raise in the HJ. He delayed for a bit and called with 66; flop came J33, turn was a 6, whiffed the other 3 on the river. I was down, up, and down again. Is it rigged? IMO no, it's variance. How do think he felt when I flopped trip 3's, but then boated up himself on the turn? It can be a wild roller coaster.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on a player follows the standard of the game or he took his leave from her...

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking about online poker, I'm not going in a round where I'm 2/3 in hand, here comes the card and it appears 3-3-2 and you wonder why I did not play this part? enters for you AA, you bet and think that you will win, your opponent goes with 7/8 and fafaz 2 pairs and wins from you. and so, should I rely on poke online.
From your scenario you are basically just describing the odds of probability; if you take a basic course in probability in math you will understand this statement.
But by no means should that take away your concerns about online poker, I have been playing online since around 2004-2005 and within that time-frame there have been numerous scandals’ of online poker sites including some of the largest sites known in the game.
Generally speaking playing online is fairly safe, but there is ALWAYS this thing called doubt that lingers in the back of one’s mind when their monster hands get continually crushed by rag hands with 1 or 2 outers.
If you are extremely concerned, the simple solution is to not deposit you money online and just play in freerolls, this way the only risk you are confronted with is the loss of your personal time.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In online poker, I realized one thing-the winner is the one who puts the bucks in the room! That's it!
Interesting idea,

but how to you explain every winner in freerolls?

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please indulge me here, fresh in my memory, so my thought on do I trust online poker. Last night I shoved K3s in the bb with 12 bb over a min raise in the HJ. He delayed for a bit and called with 66; flop came J33, turn was a 6, whiffed the other 3 on the river. I was down, up, and down again. Is it rigged? IMO no, it's variance. How do think he felt when I flopped trip 3's, but then boated up himself on the turn? It can be a wild roller coaster.

Variance, yes. These are the hands you sometimes dread. You catch a set on flop, they get better set on turn. Then the river is either a hard luck story or a brag. And it really doesn't matter who won. It's poker.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only believe it when I win, I'm kidding of course, but it's not fair sometimes I agree

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am tempted to make a general statement that you must be very young due to your gullible mind, but then I slap myself a couple of times to put me back on track ….. lol…. Because it is not just the youth that is gullible.
Since the advent of the internet and the easy access to information, no one should be ignorant to facts when a simple online search to multi millions if not billions of sites can inform anyone on mostly anything that had occurred.
FYI….. try doing a simple online search of online poker scandals’

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In online poker, I realized one thing-the winner is the one who puts the bucks in the room! That's it!

I realized something too. Sometimes, he who bets first sometimes wins. Then I learned that if you throw money at it, doesn't make it so.

Interesting idea,

but how to you explain every winner in freerolls?

As your response to the same response I gave to the guy I responded to is how do you relate a freeroll to a cash or paid tournament game?

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly believe that if you allow an online site to not only take your rake, but give your money to other players, they will do it. Think about it. If you own a poker site, you want as much money floating around as possible with the largest amount of players. That's how you make money. So it would make since to allow the good players along with the new depositors to win more. While causing the bad players, and addicts that will continue to deposit money to lose....

With that said, is the game random. Yea for the most part I believe it is, on the other hand. I do believe coin flip situations go more often to the good players that will stop playing when they are down. Along with giving the long shot wins to the bad players, and new depositors cause they want to give them a false scene of security. So when they run into a good player, and lose they will tilt, then redeposit. You cant tilt a good player very often, so why would you want them to lose to long shots, and lose their business? Knowing that if they are losing/not playing, you are losing rake. Then if they lose too much you lose, their entire bankroll.

something to think about.