Do you keep track of your daily profit/loss?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, I have a file were I wright what happened, what poker games I played and profits and loses. It is very important to have a right view of my course, so that to make conclusions and put targets.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep track of my win/losses in my tracker, dont use an excel.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, if you play poker professionally, it,s a good decision to see how much you win/loss, but i,m not sure, that this is necessary for just most of the people, who just playing poker for fun.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is so much value from setting your own excel sheet up, firstly you are in regular knowledge with each entry on how you are performing/playing, you recognise the upswings and downswings and can also then focus on those games to learn more about how you played etc.
I set up an excel sheet some years ago for my own benefit but i do that more for live play, i would recommend anyone to do this, especially new players who are playing on a small BR, add in the type of games you should play according to your budget and stay away from cash games lol (unless thats your bag).
No seriously all variants of poker can be recorded and analysed to benefit your play so yes - keeping a track is really essential - the better your spreadsheet is built (i have formulas and pivot tables in mine) - the easier it is to enter data and extract the data you want..

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not keep such thorough statistics...

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Every manager must have an efficient control for the measurement of their results. This is because from this, you can compare the profits obtained in different periods and check possible increase of expenses.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 7 months, and at the moment I play only in freerolls, so I do not actually have any losses. But I also keep track of my wins and money from the game to understand the dynamics. It is important for me to understand that my game is improving every time. Tracking my victories allows me to see what the situation as a whole is.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already know my negatives in the game, and I try to fix them. I do not need a table, since I do not play so many tournaments per session, I simply analyze my game after the session.
Why look at the results of your game all the time. If you play correctly, the amount of money in the box office will tell you everything, you lose or go to success.

A

andrewallenschutter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any money in my bankroll right now so that would kind of be hard to do.

H

hamildo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats A Bankroll?

Profit Loss is welded in my brain. But it should be Lost Profit in my case.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally it doesn't add much value, considering myself just a recreational player funding my balance through freerolls. If I were more serious about the grind then yeah sure I would like to keep track, but I would probably invest in some software that does this for me + saves my hands aswell :)

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. I keep track of all games using Google Docs. I think this is important to both recreational and professional players. Here are my high level thoughts...

Recreational players have a poker budget. They add money to the budget as needed to play. It is important to know how much money is being budgeted for poker. Without data, it is easy to ignore what we are adding to our poker budget.

Professional players have a bankroll. This is their operating budget. It is important to know what goes into and out of the bankroll. Without data it is easy for a professional to overlook what he is really spending his bankroll on (i.e. is he losing in poker or withdrawing too much for living expenses).

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I track my balance on an Excel spreadsheet for every site I play. I do it once a monthly, to keep track my loses or winnings.

The current state is, slowly loosing on poker stars and slowly winning on 888. :)

Moshimorov

Moshimorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Мой брат сделал документ Excel , который я использую , так как я играю в покер онлайн. Я отслеживать каждый день выигрышей и потерь на каждом сайте я играю.

Я где - то читал , что лучше забыть последнюю руку мы просто играть, но в флористике стороны, память настолько селективная , что я хочу знать , если:

1) Я выигрывающий игрок
2) В каком вариант я сделал большую прибыль
3) Какой интернет сайт лучше для меня ,

вы делаете то же самое?

В пользу общины, я могу отправить пустую копию , если интересно. Довольно просто.

Кроме того , я сделал документ Excel отслеживает мой ежемесячный прибыль / убыток тоже ...
Hello! Can you share a tablet exel?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I play poker for about one year. Honestly, I do not track my profit and loss. At the moment, poker is not profitable for me. I spend about $ 20-30 a month on the game. I believe that this is a tuition fee. But in the long run, when I start earning money from the game, I will start tracking my profits and losses.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's best not to look to often at your bankroll. If you play tournaments/sngs this is 1000x more important.

Your bankroll will fluctuate on a daily basis and sometimes you can break even for months at a time so it will affect you mentally if you aren't aware of it.

The key is to play within your bankroll and stick to those games and then play a ton of them. If it's cash games, set you a hand goal and then check your stats after you hit that goal. For tournaments you can go a long time of break even and your bankroll isn't going to go up but kind of hang around a certain range until you get that big score.

I say all this and will still check mine too much. I need to practice what I preach.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Nope, because it's not to much money in the (mine) game! But, I remember my biggest loss...:)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I track my balance on an Excel spreadsheet for every site I play. I do it once a monthly, to keep track my loses or winnings.

The current state is, slowly loosing on Poker stars and slowly winning on 888. :)

Invest in a poker database cheapskate. :) Hehe... but seriously, it will make life so much easier, plus you have the added benefit of being able to review and analyze your play. Not better way to improve in poker honestly.

rendom

rendom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes) unfortunately so far the loss is greater:cool:

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Profit Loss is welded in my brain. But it should be Lost Profit in my case.

A bankroll is the amount of money you have in your poker account to play poker with.

Personally I just let the tracking software do the tracking of my profits/loss. I did notice that HM2 does not track freeroll winnings from ACR, or maybe I am missing that.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.there are different people.someone keeps a daily record of all expenses and income.Such people are able to save money and I respect them for it. Unfortunately, I do not belong to this category of people.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A bankroll is the amount of money you have in your poker account to play poker with.

Personally I just let the tracking software do the tracking of my profits/loss. I did notice that HM2 does not track freeroll winnings from ACR, or maybe I am missing that.

I think ACR doesn't provide hand histories with the winnings of MTTs freerolls/real money buy ins , you can track only cash games.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kept a tally board when I first started, but after awhile it becomes pretty obvious what is working and what is not, so I have eliminated the losers, and I rarely update the tally board anymore, except to add-on my new winnings. Yippee !!!

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, If you have control of the situation, you are in the right way. Congrats.