Do you have difficulty focusing on online poker?

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Not at all, I like to play more online than live because of the comforts and better prizes even though you compete against more players, but it's worth it

robbieb

robbieb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I have a rule. I tried not to play tired. Because I make snap calls then.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
he he ..of course :)...I think this happends to all the players...dont worry in time you will get to control your emotion and get a better control on your emotions :)

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have difficulty concentrating during an entire session, there are times when I am more concentrated and others not!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually can focus when I'm playing poker. There are times that I'm stressed and I don't have much patience to wait for the right time to act, but most of the times I'm focused on the game.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was always distracted by things around me

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes all the time. If I'm not surfing the web, I will watch sports or a movie or even play another game at the same time while playing.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I usually lose focus on tournaments that last a few hours, but I can't fix it.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone makes mistakes, someone is less, someone is more, only the one who does nothing is not mistaken. It happens that during the tournament there are no good hands for a long time, during this time I accumulate negative emotions and when the hands begin to appear, I make a lot of mistakes.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ofcourse not. I came to play, not to fool around, so its not that tough to focus. Maybe after 3-4 hours of non stop pplaying it gets a bit hard to keep up, but at that time the tournaments thankful end around that time, so it doesnt cause me a big proble.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This happens to me literally every day and it depresses me a little (I can’t stop thinking that the player played this way specifically against me, because I 3-bet him a couple of times or, on the contrary, try to “revenge” an overly aggressive player). All I hope for is that over time I will make fewer and fewer offensive mistakes.

J

jay_nemi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure, that’s something I’m working on too. I like to play music in the background and have a couple of fidget type toys nearby to keep hands occupied.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, I sometimes face challenges in maintaining my concentration during online poker. I think the key is to create an environment free of distractions, turn off notifications and play at appropriate times. Additionally, setting concrete goals for each gaming session helps me stay focused and improve my performance. Does anyone else share similar experiences or have effective strategies to improve concentration in virtual poker? I'm interested in hearing your suggestions!

Fumogrosso

Fumogrosso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have trouble focusing on everything, not just poker

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I'm not focused I put on some instrumental music, it helps me focus on the game

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello! It's not so difficult for me to maintain concentration throughout the entire tournament, but I'm struggling with some players misusing their time bank (but what can I do, it's their strategy) or having a poor internet connection, which has been throwing me off balance lately! It's frustrating when I have a good internet speed while waiting for a hand, but as soon as I'm ready to play, it starts fluctuating. However, not much else distracts me, and I play late at night. As a last resort, I listen to music.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The only thing that makes me angry is the tilt when I lose some good hands I lose my focus for a bit but other than that nothing gets me ..

S

Smevin1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
All the time. This has become my biggest weakness. I used to be so focused when I played higher buy ins eg. £200+. As the online game has got harder over the years my focus has majorly waned as I now play micro limits for fun, rather rely on poker as part of my income. I keep wanting to refocus like I used to at the lower limits I play at now, but I know I'll never be as profitable as I used to be. There are now much better players at all levels, and I now find that at the end of the tournament when I used to come into my own and win a high percentage of the time I am now a fish who, like you say, loses focus🤔