Do you have difficulty focusing on online poker?

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if it happens to you, but whenever I enter a tournament I end up being too relaxed or I let myself get carried away by some emotions in which I end up making a mistake, it's difficult to play an entire tournament without being sabotaged by your own mind, I always tell myself , this time I will give my all, but during the tournament all it takes is a moment of distraction for you to compromise your stack by making a wrong move, does this happen to you?

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This happens to every player. You and I are not professionals, and therefore it is probably difficult for us to maintain concentration for a long time, nevertheless, we need to work on this problem and I think that in time we will be able to be much more productive than now. Our patience and our experience play a very important role.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It happens to me sometimes for lacking of discipline, we must change that so can be better

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It happens to me sometimes for lacking of discipline, we must change that so can be better
Yes, we need to train resilience to stay focused from start to finish, it's very easy to get distracted by anything, especially if you're in an environment with lots of people, lots of noise, television on, children running around the house, that's why I believe it's It's so easy to lose focus playing online poker, you need to have a sacred corner in your home where you can play without being interrupted by situations that might take your focus away. The intention of the topic is precisely to find out if people also have this difficulty due to these situations and what they do to deal with it.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Не знаю, случается ли это с вами, но всякий раз, когда я выхожу на турнир, я оказываюсь слишком расслабленным или позволяю себе увлечься какими-то эмоциями, в которых в конечном итоге совершаю ошибку, сложно играть весь турнир без Будучи саботированным собственным разумом, я всегда говорю себе: на этот раз я отдам все свои силы, но во время турнира все, что тебе нужно, - это отвлечься на мгновение, чтобы скомпрометировать свой стек, сделав неверный ход, такое случается с тобой?
I think it's not a mistake to start playing a tournament relaxed; why be on the edge of your seat when you can play with ease. For example, I watch all sorts of videos while playing games, especially when I don't play enough tables. And when you're sitting all over the game, I'm not doing very well. If you know the theory, you have a lot of poker practice, then there's nothing to worry about.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
just turn off aging, things that distract you and look at the phone screen at the poker table how players play what tricks they have and that's it, don't be distracted by aging things and it will be very easy for you to win tournaments when you're already trained to make moves in a couple of seconds then you can watch movies, TV shows and everything like that

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If the tournament is too long I start to lose focus at the end, I think it is normal.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if it happens to you, but whenever I enter a tournament I end up being too relaxed or I let myself get carried away by some emotions in which I end up making a mistake, it's difficult to play an entire tournament without being sabotaged by your own mind, I always tell myself , this time I will give my all, but during the tournament all it takes is a moment of distraction for you to compromise your stack by making a wrong move, does this happen to you?
I agree with you, sometimes this happens to me too, I think if it weren't for that, I would have won a lot of tournaments and given my best, but now I'm making an effort to put an end to it.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Most of the time I do get distracted by having to cook, as most of the games are around lunch time.
Also, sometimes I find myself so preoccupied by something else, that I lose my focus, make a bad move, lose a big part of my stack and then give up.
It's a pattern with me now. So I decided to play less freerolls.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens that quite often I don’t take online poker seriously when the buy-in is low, and I can get distracted by various other factors.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I look at it as mental stamina. Like physical stamina, bad sleep or diet can make it worse, and like physical stamina, if you use it a lot, it gets better.

For me, I also find managing my distractions is important. I need a little distraction, or I overthink the game and level myself into oblivion, but it can't be too much of a distraction, or I loose the thread of the game.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I have no difficulty concentrating when I play online. For me it's the same as playing live. Since my concentration is good both ways.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tedium can be a bad enemy in poker especially when there is a long buy in/rebuy period. I tried playing multiple tables but I just cannot focus well enough. It's a lose lose situation. My strategy is to play in faster/shorter MTTs. For some reason I just don't really like SNGs. Probably the reason I'm addicted to so called "spin and go" style games.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with you, sometimes this happens to me too, I think if it weren't for that, I would have won a lot of tournaments and given my best, but now I'm making an effort to put an end to it.
Yes, I believe that concentration is a habit and that we must train to improve, and especially prepare psychologically before a tournament, even if it is online, it is necessary to concentrate and separate that moment just for poker.

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
tilting, despair, and believing you can recover what you lost in one night the same night

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
It has happened many times.I try to limit my playing time to a maximum of 50 minutes then I take a break for at least ten minutes in total silence before I play again.In tournaments that lasts for hours I use the five minute brakes to focus on other things than poker,to rest the poker brain.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Can't be helped. It the one thing i wish i could kick myself for. Its worse when you know you shouldn't have done it and never would have normally done it.
A detachable foot would come in very handy.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I find playing online good and comfortable.
Enjoy playing several tournaments at the same time.

joan moreno

joan moreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
On some occasions it has happened to me but listening to music it happens to me

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Luckily not, sometimes I like to be at several tables at the same time so it doesn't take so long.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course it happens! I think there are few players who focus their attention only on online poker. I often read the news and play poker at the same time. Sometimes I read our forum and play poker at the same time. So I often make mistakes due to inattention. :unsure::(

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It happened to me before. Nowadays I can stay focused throughout the tournament, as long as I'm alone and nothing disturbs my game. I recommend that you try to find some type of music, television series or some type of video that doesn't alter your concentration on the game. This way you avoid tiredness, since in my case you're enjoying a good series, which doesn't influence my decisions.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you play on one or at most two tables, it is not so difficult to concentrate.
For fun you can do anything else, film, listen to music, surf the net, almost anything.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It may be that in the beginning of playing poker this situation happened to me.
Today it really doesn't happen to me anymore.
When you play cash daily, unfortunately you will often face strong hands that destroy you.
At some point you say "Well, AA went bankrupt, bad luck" and you continue playing.
That's why I always say that the best way to learn poker is to play cash at low levels and move up as your game improves.
And once you are familiar with cash, learn the moves to make in tournaments, which are totally different from cash tournaments.
In a cash hand a player usually almost never folds an AA on the river, because the situation is simple, at most I lose 2 dollars and continue playing.
On the other hand, in a tournament you are in that limit situation, and I have seen many players who have folded AA KK QQ etc, even having sets on the board.
In the tournament there is the ITM to take into account and then the ICM is also very important for cash jumps.
At least I consider that when you become a player you should be ultra-focused on the game, and you should not make external factors act on you psychologically and make you make costly mistakes.
Greetings:):):)