Do you believe that the habit of depositing can harm your gaming performance?

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
AA yes!!! If you know that you are going to redeposit you play îs going to be more lose or make usually plays, that you regular Dont do 🤪

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i havent depositted for a long time, i only play off what i make from free rolls, the only time i'm very loose is when i'm tired or when my ingame stack is small compared to my total cash on the App

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that if you constantly make deposits, you should stop playing poker)
Or you can learn how to play, learn the basic skill base, read a few books and watch training videos. And after that, I think that you will not constantly make a deposit, but rather withdraw the money you earned to your account.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We all treat money differently. For example, I am a very thrifty player and am not ready to spend a single cent in vain. I very carefully and gradually accumulate my bankroll, and spend my money only when I see real prospects for myself. I make a deposit rarely, once a year.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that the person who has the possibility of depositing often perhaps plays without so much pressure. More like a recreational one. People who try to deposit once and maintain the bankroll are people who like to devote themselves to poker. Maybe even make a living from it.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if you are depositing frequently you are not doing well at poker or you are not managing your bankroll, the idea is to deposit once and increase your bankroll and over time you withdraw a percentage of your monthly winnings.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't know about other players, but I always value my money, regardless of whether I won it, earned it or just found it :)
Since childhood, I have been used to spending money very carefully and have never allowed myself to spend money on unnecessary things for me. Every purchase I make is well thought out, including every buy-in :)

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't believe in deposits. I like to play poker in freerolls and that's how I get my money to play :)
I make a deposit only if I want to withdraw money to get a withdrawal method.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
If a lot of money comes out of your pocket, obviously it will harm not only your game but your economy... the idea is to learn for free and then if you have USD50-100 available, use it, but learn to manage your bankroll and make it grow.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if it has an impact, I think that if you concentrate on your game before money you can obtain great results, in poker we know that it is long term, you have to work a lot at it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the impression that when you deposit some money on a poker site it seems that you tend to play more loosely. Because if you lose your balance you simply make another deposit and another again.
That completely depends on, what your goals with poker are. If you are playing for fun, then sure you will probably lose your money and have to deposit again. But this is not a problem. You also have to pay, every time you go out and eat in a restaurant or any other recreational activitity. So the only thing, that matter, is to make a budget for poker, restaurant visits and everything else.

But you can also decide, that you think, you are a winning player, and then manage your deposit as a poker bankroll. Which mean, that if you deposited $100, then you play 2NL cash games, $0,55-1,1 MTT or $1-2 SnG and nothing higher than this, until you have grown your bankroll. I have done this, and so have many other winning players, and we certainly did not "play more losely", because we played with our own money in the beginning.
But when you win money by playing a freeroll, you value it much more even if it's pennies and you're much more successful with them whether you're playing spin & go or tournaments.
Why do you value money more, because you won them in a freeroll? This makes no sense. And if you want to build up a poker bankroll, you dont want to be stuck in penny games and freerolls and spend a whole year getting to just the first $100. You want to move even just a bit up the ladder as fast as possible to say 10NL cash games, $2.2-$3.3 MTTs or $5 SnGs. This is where, the game starts go even just a little more serious, and you can win some money, that are not completely insignificant.