Comfortable duration of the daily session

Delafere

Delafere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
For me, playing for more than 5 hours in a row is quite exhausting, a long passage adds effort, but concentration is lost. Sometimes after several losing pots in a row you enter a tilt. Maybe reducing the session time or playing less than 4 tables at once would help? What do you think?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also lose focus if I play more than 4 hours, so, I try to not play more than 4-5 hours. But I play tournaments, so, sometimes I can't control how many hours I'm going to play. If you play cash games, it's easier to reduce your poker hours.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well honestly back in the day I could play all night lol, now I like to play for around 3 hours at a time(y)

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
For me, playing more than 6 or 7 hours is already very tiring, especially in MTTs where you have to lengthen the sessions sometimes up to more than 8 hours. Personally, I prefer to play turbo tournaments that are faster, 3 or 4 hours or spin&go, I feel that it is better those types of formats so as not to wear yourself out so much mentally and use all your concentration to win those tournaments and hands

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Personally I wish I had a lot more free time to play poker. I really miss having the time to play for 10-12+ hours 4 days a week day back during the Moneymaker poker boom. Now I can't even manage a couple hours a day everyday life is just too busy which is why I moved from playing MTT's to playing cash tables after a bit of a break.

Would kinda like to get back to that schedule of working a normal job 3-4 days a week and playing poker 8-10 hours a day teh other days. Sadly I doubt there's enough fish at 50nl to make that work now days.

Cheers!!!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Daily basis around 2 hours is enough (even when you play some freerolls for example which last too long aka 3-4 hours) ...

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I myself liked to play for 4 hours, but divided into 2 sessions with 2 hours of duration (1 during afternoon and 1 during night)

All the times I've tried to extend, i would completely lose my focus and get distracted by almost everything

Poker is a mental game, and you can get many tough decisions in a short period of time (getting your mind really tired)

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
About 3 hours is good for me.
I'll then do something else for a bit and get back to it for a couple of hours.

Stephen _b

Stephen _b

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
For me, playing for more than 5 hours in a row is quite exhausting, a long passage adds effort, but concentration is lost. Sometimes after several losing pots in a row you enter a tilt. Maybe reducing the session time or playing less than 4 tables at once would help? What do you think?
4 tables for 5 hours would drain you mentally and your game might drop off a bit, I would drop a table and see how you feel after 5 hours play. People think it's cool to play lots of tables and that's fine but it has to have an effect on your game play and some stage during the session.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also play cash games and spend about 4 hours at a time on 5-6 tables and that's enough for me. When I lose a few all in (5-7) in a row, I usually just stop playing to avoid losing even more and go do other things, but this happens very rarely. Maybe this will help you, just stop playing that day and save your money and energy for the next days

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's just that maybe the body sends us signals to stop playing and reduces concentration, sitting for 5 hours on the spot, accompanied by stress, does not affect our physical health in the best way, it is still unknown whether you will get into prizes or not, after 5 hours of playing or you will be in the black for some ridiculous amount

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree you can only focus so long then you get mentally exhausted and need a break. I leave and take a nap if online and not in a tournament or just play a couple tables otherwise yeah you get tilted and make too many bad calls etc chase loses you know the pattern.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Well, if you want to achieve great heights in poker you will have to play long sessions because major tournaments take a very long time and for several days in a row Well, you can play more tables yes, but still the average tournament time if it's not turbo and hyper turbo will be 3-4 hours to get to the final so this is poker

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I just stopped playing about 45 minutes ago. I think I started about 11:30 this morning and it's now 12:08am. Ok, so now it's tomorrow. I was chasing a personal rake challenge but missed. I forgot about it and tried to cram $9 worth of rake in 10.5 hrs. on a minimal bankroll. I missed. Oh well, I'll try again this week.
I think the main reason I forgot is because Friday night I was in a live tournament that started at 7:15pm and I didn't bust out until after 2 am. Went out in 6th. I didn't get home 'til almost 4:30. I slept most of Saturday away. I think I woke up to eat around 11, ate, and then went right back to sleep.
I suppose that what I'm getting at is if you have the time then go ahead and put in the hours. Be the grinder. It's alright. I recently had to take a hiatus from my job, but I've been supplementing some income by playing in live games, and I'm in my 50's... :ROFLMAO:
It depends on one's stamina and ability to focus and not get hangry/tilty, imo.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The number of tables as a factor influencing the optimal duration of the session. The fact is that the more tables you play, the less time you have to make competent decisions at each of them, and playing in such conditions will reduce your level of concentration much faster than playing at one or two tables.So, the key to winning poker is to maximize your time at the tables when you think clearly and play your A-game, and minimize it when you can't. sessions, I recommend that you slightly increase the time spent at the tables every day. Let it be a couple of minutes or a couple of dozen hands.

W

Weeestler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
As for me 4 - 5 hours it's a limmit)) after that time i make much more mistakes...

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
MTTs can take too long, that's one of the reasons I prefer cash games. A 1-2 hour session is fine for me. Sometimes I play longer but I like the flexibility

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I agree with you, 5 hours is fine. The first 2 hours you launch your tournaments, at the end of 2 hours you stop launching but 4 tournaments simultaneously is not enough, you have to aim for more, at least 8 tables at a time.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, 4-5 hours is the perfect time to play

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 sessions of 2-3 hours each

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
it's very different for me, sometimes I play a little longer and sometimes less, it always depends on how the games are going. But playing late into the night isn't really my thing, but when you play tournaments that's unfortunately sometimes the case. I also don't like to play tournaments that last several days and I usually avoid late start times, which is very difficult because all good tournaments start late.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I feel comfortable playing from 2 to 4 hours per session and mostly freerolls.When I try to play more hours,I start to feel tired and need to put an end to my poker session.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I guess it depends on each individual for how long they can play close to their A game and of course it's important to stop after that... also, there are different ways to improve your mental poker game(so you don't tilt), exercise to keep yourself in good shape so you won't get tired fast and/or help you keep a high level of concentration... in my case, I grind mostly mtts and my sessions are usually between 6-8 hours... also, I try to keep it under 8 tables at the same time because if I play more I just can't keep focus and for sure I make some bad plays and/ or even some misclicks happen...

GLGL all at the tables!