Cheating the player

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few on line sites have cheated me out of the pot. I lost to two pair when I had a set and then I lost to one pair when I had two pair. This happened more than a few times.:joyman: pokerstars was one of the violators.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A few on line sites have cheated me out of the pot. I lost to two pair when I had a set and then I lost to one pair when I had two pair. This happened more than a few times.:joyman: PokerStars was one of the violators.

Did you take screen shots? Otherwise it's hard to believe.

I think a level of skepticism about RNGs etc. is valid but after playing what I presume is now a few million hands, I have yet to see a hand awarded incorrectly. That would just be too on the nose. Every time I leapt to the conclusion I was cheated out of a hand a quick review shows I was mistaken.

It's not something I even question anymore.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few on line sites have cheated me out of the pot. I lost to two pair when I had a set and then I lost to one pair when I had two pair. This happened more than a few times.:joyman: PokerStars was one of the violators.

You are likely mistaken or playing a form of poker you dont understand. I cant imagine a scenario where you have a set and would lose to two pair unless you overlooked a third card that would have filled the opponent.

You can lose two pair to one pair when you have your lower pair counterfeited because of pairs in the community cards. It looks like opponent had one pair but he gets to use the pair in the community cards as his second pair.

PokerStars has never been wrong in awarding the pot. It has always been human error in the way I read it.

Whenever I say how did I lose that hand I pull up the hand replayer and see exactly how I lost and it becomes clear every time.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna need some proof here please

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are regularly stories like this in the forum. And it always turns out, the poster had misread either the board, their own hand or the opponents hand. Most sites including PokerStars store your hand histories, so its pretty easy to go back and look at the hand and see, what actually went down, if you dont understand, why you lost :)

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are regularly stories like this in the forum. And it always turns out, the poster had misread either the board, their own hand or the opponents hand. Most sites including PokerStars store your hand histories, so its pretty easy to go back and look at the hand and see, what actually went down, if you dont understand, why you lost :)

Fully agree. It must have for sure been hidden combs to see it quickly. I just can imagine effects, if you publicly prove it, say, for PokerStars.

D

drakongad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's hard to judge someone without evidence. do you have a history of the game

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Were you playing Omaha by chance? I see this all the time where someone misreads their hands, rushes to judgment or accusations, only to find that no, they weren't actually the best hand. Can you post a hand history?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's sooooo easy to take a screenshot of this,,,then you have undeniable proof,,, :rolleyes: but i know this isn't true,and that's why you havn't posted any,,,you just made a mistake.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We’re you playing a different variant? Short deck maybe..?? It gave me issue the couple times I was forced to play it

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have the hand history. The site retains a session history for only two days. It happened weeks ago so I can't prove any thing. But I still swear I know what I saw.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think that Pokerstars set up this loss for you, then you are mistaken.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have the hand history. The site retains a session history for only two days. It happened weeks ago so I can't prove any thing. But I still swear I know what I saw.

Until proof is shown I call bull.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Freedom of speech should remain the priority so even such threads should exist :)

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Without screenies, I have nothing to offer.

U

unadonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But I still swear I know what I saw.

We all do believe what we see, we must in order to survive- but the trouble is we don't see whats real, we can only see our perception of it, that is tiny bits of the world gathered and filtered through numerous biochemical processes and reassembled to fit constantly refreshing cognitive maps.

Usually it works pretty good. Well enough to keep us going to the next generation some times.

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is indeed a bug, you can get rich. Write to support services or file a case with the court. Good luck.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are wrong. I, too, sometimes can’t immediately understand how my set could lose when the opponent has a pair.
And then in the hand history I see that the opponent made a straight.
I can't always immediately understand why the opponent defeated me. Not enough experience.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, but I don't see that happening. It's not that I trust online poker companies.. but there are a million other ways to screw players over than this. You were probably playing a different game/format.. or you weren't paying attention to what the V had..

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get the feeling that the cards as they turn over at loaded to who the sites favours.

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please make sure to take screenshots while the Chat section is on Hands tab, with the cursor hovering to the 5 cards there.
The hovering will say who won what and with what hand.

Without screenshots, it's really hard to believe that such bad bugs still exist in a such famous platform like Pokerstars.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the sense in which to use this expression, if we consider it as a bluff, then of course poker is a game of deception))), if we consider it as the use of certain programs by a player to raise his chance of winning, then of course it is not acceptable, and in my opinion the administrators of poker resources should monitor this so that all players are on equal terms.

pandafreeroll

pandafreeroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with everyone saying you must be mistaken. Maybe the confusion comes from the fact that your hand is made from any 5 cards whether you're holding them or not? If someone hits top pair on a paired board and your two pair hole cards are 2nd-4th, you lose. I didn't get that either when I first started playing.

PokerStars? Click on your profile in the top right corner, go to >Playing History, select >Hand History, tick the box that says 'Save My Hand History' and specify the period you want to keep it for.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I cannot believe any site, especially Pokerstars would do something like that, I myself have had occasions where I felt I had the hand in the bag, but the River card steals the pot away by giving me a set but making the other players hand into a straight or flush.
It has happened to me numerous times, but when I study the history I find I was wrong and he had me beat, I have also been on the receiving side sometimes, once all-in with 8/8 against A/A I hit a miraculous 4 card flush on the River after the flop had given both of us a set with A,10,8, then the turn gave us a 6 and finally a 2 on the River. 4 of the cards were Hearts and I held the 8 of Hearts in my hand, so I sucked out on him, but that happens, That's Poker!
I think if you looked at the History after a hand is over, you will find that you missed something and what you read was wrong. It is easily done.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All players are on an equal footing RNG, bots in poker are an illusion of self-deception for inexperience and neglect to work on the game.