cheating the online game?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I checked your sharkscope profile on ACR, and you have only played 57 tournaments there, which is a totally meaningless sample, and a lot of them are freerolls. So unless you are a cash game player, this is the answer.
Still waiting to hear from OP, if he is a cash game player, or if his "getting crushed" on ACR is over those 57 tournaments, most of which were freerolls? And if he is a cash game player, then how many hands did he play and at which stakes? Also worth noting, that this was his first and so far only post in the forum. When people sign up just to post something like this, there is usually no reason to take it serious.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Everyone around me believes that playing online poker is a fool's errand. "The games just have to be rigged!'' i miss the days of pstars and having faith in the site running the game! i live in Seattle WA now and can't believe i miss the wsop site lol. ACR just doesn't have the cred. I'm not sure how i can win consistently over a years' time. then just get crushed on ACR. thoughts would be appreciated.....

McSmokes77
As a dear mate says (@Poker Orifice ) , if you believe poker rooms are rigged, you suck at the tables.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Typically this is something that is quite common in newer players, or players not willing to put in the work (studying). I actually had one ask me last week if I was joking when I mentioned studying (they then responded "Study what" ... as if there's nothing to study in the game of poker).

You'll see MANY of these players in this thread (just look at most of the responses... sigh). The type of response is typical for donkeys, freerollers and players who never invested time trying to get better at the game.

I can say I'm still a donkey. But the better I get at the game, the more I realize just how 'not good' I actually am (wow.. can you imagine how BAD I must've been 10years ago when I thought I was excellent???)

None of the good players ever question the integrity of the deal. Thankfully I don't either (even though I'm still a donkey)
Oh, don’t be too modest my friend, you’re not a donkey. But I love your humble position and I’m trying to behave like this, after I have lost almost everything in my life.
It is good to know the position in our own lives and never try to be better than others is a huge step to success.
As you mentioned before it is very sad and boring to observe some people make comments just for the sake of... nothing... or to get the amount of posts necessary to achieve platinum level and participate in CC’s freerolls.. sighs as well, because I see those things and don’t even try to debate or argue as I did in the past.
I read and comment mostly serious players and posters that I been reading for a long time and know their objective is the learning and science, not disputing and silly things, or just comment for the sake of status.
Thanks, I learn a lot with players like you.
Let’s be humble and let the jokers do whatever they want.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Everything is very simple.
Every person wants to win.
If the player wins, then everything is fine, he is a super professional
If the player lost - so what? His game was top notch. The random number generator was simply set up incorrectly

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the player lost - so what? His game was top notch. The random number generator was simply set up incorrectly
Or something else was going on, which was outside his control. Maybe he was playing against bots or even "house bots", or the player calling him down with bottom pair knew, which cards were coming. The only reasons for losing, that are not possible, are:

* He was outplayed by better opponents
* The games are raked, and he was actually winning but could not overcome the rake
* Insignificant sample and lack of patience / work ethics

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
There will always be people who have different opinions about your tastes and hobbies, but I believe that as long as you feel comfortable and happy with what you do, that's enough.

B

Blair29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None of the good players ever question the integrity of the deal. Thankfully I don't either (even though I'm still a donkey)
Do you mean the actual good players who play very little online poker?

While they might not question the deal, there are certainly major question marks over the ease of cheating these days. Particularly in higher stakes games. And yes the usual suspects will promote and play the tournaments they are contractually obliged to, but that's about it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you mean the actual good players who play very little online poker?

While they might not question the deal, there are certainly major question marks over the ease of cheating these days. Particularly in higher stakes games. And yes the usual suspects will promote and play the tournaments they are contractually obliged to, but that's about it.
say what??

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How important is the opinion of others?
Personally, the opinion of others does not matter to me. Of course, I listen to the opinion of people close to me, but I always make my own decisions on how to act. I know what I want and I know how to achieve it. Other people's opinions are their personal business :)

B

Blair29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
say what??
Name any big players who play high stakes cash online these days? Most of them exclusively play live.

And there is a good reason for that. It would take me about 10 minutes to hook up the technology to make me a world class player. It wouldn't give me the experience but I would always be making the correct decisions from a technical standpoint. Its also completely undetectable and takes minimal investment.

And if you don't think there is AI that can take a hand sample and construct a strategy to beat you. You are incorrect.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Name any big players who play high stakes cash online these days? Most of them exclusively play live.

And there is a good reason for that. It would take me about 10 minutes to hook up the technology to make me a world class player. It wouldn't give me the experience but I would always be making the correct decisions from a technical standpoint. Its also completely undetectable and takes minimal investment.

And if you don't think there is AI that can take a hand sample and construct a strategy to beat you. You are incorrect.

To suggest that 'big players' aren't playing online is a real stretch of the imagination. HS Cash games haven't been active for 10yrs. but the HSMTT community is alive & BOOMING.. just check the lobbys today & yesterday. RARELY did they hold $10k buyin MTT's before online.. now it is a weekly thing.

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Everyone around me believes that playing online poker is a fool's errand. "The games just have to be rigged!'' i miss the days of pstars and having faith in the site running the game! i live in Seattle WA now and can't believe i miss the wsop site lol. ACR just doesn't have the cred. I'm not sure how i can win consistently over a years' time. then just get crushed on ACR. thoughts would be appreciated.....

McSmokes77
Online poker is higly profitable.Why would the risk it?Poker is not like blackjack;roulette etc,.You do not play against the bank.In Poker we make money from other players and the sites make their money by rake.They gain nothing by betraying single players.And for everybody screaming Online Poker is rigged or the good old "Jokerstars".Play live and you will experience the same weird unbelievable impossible runouts as online.And if you just want to believe its rigged.Stop playing

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Online poker is higly profitable.Why would the risk it?Poker is not like Blackjack;roulette etc,.You do not play against the bank.In Poker we make money from other players and the sites make their money by rake.They gain nothing by betraying single players.And for everybody screaming Online Poker is rigged or the good old "Jokerstars".Play live and you will experience the same weird unbelievable impossible runouts as online.And if you just want to believe its rigged.Stop playing
You are assuming the scenario where the site would be contracting someone to rig their games for them (program their software to rig games). This would be ridiculous. It is way more likely that the programmers would be the one rigging the random number generators without the sites knowing it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You are assuming the scenario where the site would be contracting someone to rig their games for them (program their software to rig games). This would be ridiculous. It is way more likely that the programmers would be the one rigging the random number generators without the sites knowing it.

And then what... they open new accounts that play freerolls and other penny games these posters play, letting them win a bit & cash out.. then CRUSH their souls. Is this how they do it?

This forum has become so polluted with rigturds it is brutal. I think best not to contribute.

laterz

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And then what... they open new accounts that play freerolls and other penny games these posters play, letting them win a bit & cash out.. then CRUSH their souls. Is this how they do it?

This forum has become so polluted with rigturds it is brutal. I think best not to contribute.

laterz

It's hard to say what happens when you have a rigged system going. There's no one way that it plays out. But you don't really care and then why should I bother to explain it to you? When you're not busy putting people down who question online poker, you just want to win that Sunday Million but you just can't do it. So you just keep blaming your lack of skills and lack of volume.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's hard to say what happens when you have a rigged system going. There's no one way that it plays out. But you don't really care and then why should I bother to explain it to you? When you're not busy putting people down who question online poker, you just want to win that Sunday Million but you just can't do it. So you just keep blaming your lack of skills and lack of volume.
Can't recall saying I would win the Sunday Million... except perhaps jokingly for the 17th Ann. game (can't win if you don't play it).
I rarely play the SundayMillion so for someone who you claim 'just wants to win that Sun... ' it'd seem like I just can't do it, because
a) I don't play it
b) even bencb probably hasn't won it. It's called large number of players, a mix of the best & close to the worst in that field. One wouldn't expect to win it... although Casey won it back-to-back a bunch of years back when the size of the field was way bigger than it is these days.

So you claim to know some of the ways in which the deal is rigged. Seems odd that a) you still play at all b) that a penny-playin' freeroller would know so much more than the 1,000's of players who typically invest $5,000/day in MTT's, typically playing 50 or more per day. I've never heard a single one of them say the deal is rigged. Personally I'll take their opinion over someone like your's, also knowing that many of them are also analyzing databases (as opposed to looking at a hand and saying "Oh no way!! Look at that!!! It is soooooo rigged!" Please. Get some help.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Can't recall saying I would win the Sunday Million... except perhaps jokingly for the 17th Ann. game (can't win if you don't play it).
I rarely play the SundayMillion so for someone who you claim 'just wants to win that Sun... ' it'd seem like I just can't do it, because
a) I don't play it
b) even bencb probably hasn't won it. It's called large number of players, a mix of the best & close to the worst in that field. One wouldn't expect to win it... although Casey won it back-to-back a bunch of years back when the size of the field was way bigger than it is these days.

So you claim to know some of the ways in which the deal is rigged. Seems odd that a) you still play at all b) that a penny-playin' freeroller would know so much more than the 1,000's of players who typically invest $5,000/day in MTT's, typically playing 50 or more per day. I've never heard a single one of them say the deal is rigged. Personally I'll take their opinion over someone like your's, also knowing that many of them are also analyzing databases (as opposed to looking at a hand and saying "Oh no way!! Look at that!!! It is soooooo rigged!" Please. Get some help.
I say you want to win the Sunday Million. You respond with "Can't recall saying I would win the Sunday Million". Yep, those are two completely different things. And that's as far as this needs to go.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I say you want to win the Sunday Million. You respond with "Can't recall saying I would win the Sunday Million". Yep, those are two completely different things. And that's as far as this needs to go.
Sorry Champ. "I just want to win the Sunday Million" (but blah blah blah... ). Except again.. I don't want to win the Sunday Million. If I did, I'd play it every Sunday.

B

Blair29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a) I don't play it

Anyone who is spending 5k a day online is nuts or have no clue about the technology out there. Multiple people have now been banned for using various RTA tools. Although its not that the poker rooms can detect the software, they use patterns of play to weed people out. And not that they can actually prove these people were using RTA software, they just deemed them to have played too well.

And thats not to mention the multiple plain old bots you can buy these days or the discord collusion rings.

To be very honest the deal or RNG is the last thing you have to worry about online. As soon as phones and tablets can reliably run RTA software, online poker is done. It will be as easy as downloading an App, pointing the cam at the screen and following the instructions.

And there is actually already a PC based version of the webcam software. The other one uses pixels to work out what's going on.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some Apps are kind of suspicious and some unbelievable hands are dubious but may be true. That's why I only play on the reliable ones.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Anyone who is spending 5k a day online is nuts or have no clue about the technology out there.
$3k to $5k/day is normal for most mid-stakes MTT grinders... even Low-stakes grinders are 'investing' $1k+/day. The HSMTT online MTT players... I have no idea aside from it being LOTS (I don't typically follow any of the HSMTT players these days).

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I also have complaints with ACR . But you can play their freerolls , play the winnings , try to win as much as possible , then withdraw . But if you feel you can win nothing , then you have no choice I guess .

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The games are not rigged and there is no cheating going on overall. Its not a perfect place to play but its ok overall.

As for people who say its a fools errand your should ask why they say it. If they dont play poker they're most likely hearing from people who dont know or are bad players who said this was an issue. If there players and you know they ask yourself, are they good winning players. If not why would they do well onlinee. You also need to remember the games online are actuall tougher that live.

You are totally Correct! I have no problems playing on-line Poker and have played on several sites over the years, Players who think on-line Poker is rigged are just sore loser's who cannot accept that even Pocket Aces can be beaten, I know from being on both sides Winning and Losing with them.
You just have to accept that sometimes the games don't always go the way we expect them to, all you have to ask yourself is "if they were rigged, then why do many Pro's play on sites like pokerstars" Sure there are a few who are sponsored to play, but there are many more that don't get sponsored.
It is just easier for sore losers to say this is rigged or that site cheats. I have never lost money playing On-line Poker, I cannot possibly lose any money because I have never made a deposit! It's that simple.

Top 10 Games