Cheating On-Line?

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at it like this. How do you know you aren't playing against a software engineer? Some of the biggest sites have been guilty of conspiracy and cheating. Look at Ultimate Bet. I can remember a program called Poker RNG that would calculate cards from data on poker stars. They made a program that would show 3/5 cards. It worked well, but when it didn't, well. The company went through a lot to make that software. I think it was something like hundreds of thousands of hands were used.

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Software Helps players with higher stacks???

I have the impression that the online poker software helps the players that have more stacks in tables.

Maybe to finish the tournament quickly so they can make more money faster???

This is my feeling.

Best Regards all.

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting

Yeah, it seems like you would have to have a superuser account. After unitbet those are highly secured.

I find your response fascinating. Could you elaborate on exactly what you mean by superuser accounts being "highly secured?" :deal:

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally highly highly doubt anyone can see hole cards. I wouldn't be overly surprised at a level of collusion, but that only helps so much. That's probably much more of a thing at cash tables than MTT, and frankly I'm not sure how much of an edge a player can get doing that.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately,there are many cheaters playing online poker.I remember once I was searching for a cash game table on pokerstars and I found a table with 2 players of the same country.I wanted to know their strategies before I play with them.So I started watching them...the two players checked till the river and ,suddenly,one went all in and the other player made instant call ,,,with NOTHING..I said what???..And the following hands happened the same thing...only one players was winning all the hands.,that is,all in on every hand,But, when another player registered on the table ,both players left the table immediately.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well poker players that are found cheating by dumping chips to others is considered being banned by the poker administrators and how I know is that it happened to me many years ago and I was banned from playing poker for 3 years. So all I say is players that do cheat will be caught out.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens in several SnG and freeroll games. For example, a player played all-in in a freeroll yesterday. His cards were 94, the flop was 94A8A. Who is playing pre-flop all-in in a middle position with these cards? The same happened also with 96. I don't do anything, I just notice it.
C'mon you think there rigging a freeroll game, in a freeroll players play all kinds of crap there no risk anything possible

H

Hellhammer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheaters

it's hard to say for sure that someone is a cheter. Sometimes it seems. I think even professional players can't find a cheater, poker is a game of possibilities. to avoid this situations i play in big old and famous rooms, for small amounts, so even if cheater will enter this room, i think he will play for bigger money, cause risk to be captured. So, posibility to meet a cheater tends to zero. Have fun!

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker online seems to be a little different than in person, are the sites cheating? I don't know that for sure. I have heard that some have been known for it, there have been times a hand looks like you have been cheated, but I lean towards a lot of people just "assume" that when they in fact playing bad poker. Collusion? I guarantee it is a regular thing online. There is nothing to prohibit 3 friends getting at the table with speaker phone on and talking with 6 other player on the table and sharing info on their hands. Its not good for poker and it more than likely make it a bad experience for the unknowing victims, making them not want to play poker again. Sad deal all the way around.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Collusion? I guarantee it is a regular thing online. There is nothing to prohibit 3 friends getting at the table with speaker phone on and talking with 6 other player on the table and sharing info on their hands.

This is true, but the beautiful thing about online poker is, that everything is tracked and can be analysed mathematically. It is therefore not difficult for site security to notice, if someone is always playing together, and if they play different against each other than other opponents. And then the cheaters get their accounts banned and all their funds confiscated.

Also doing this takes away the ability to multi table. So for most winning players in the micros, it simply makes more sense to fire up a bunch of tables and win their money in an honest way :)

W

WileyCoyote4real

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If its a game ppl will figure out a way to cheat......That just comes with the territory

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
When I published a post about my suspicion of collusion at the tables, some "bright minds", which I also see in this thread (obviously their names don't matter, it's irrelevant), they told me that I was a "conspiranoic" (I hope you understand the translation of the term). I did not discuss the issue with these "enlightened minds" since I am a novice in poker and respect trajectories (not people) but, beyond that, it seems perfectly possible that two or more people organize themselves to earn money or defeat and eliminate to some player, for example in bubble. It also seems possible to me that a room, if I wanted to, favored one or another player, but I humbly believe that it would be catastrophic for the room if that is detected and denounced. On the other hand, the rooms may have very good computer security systems, but there are brilliant people at the service of evil (I will not give examples, I leave it to their discretion and their memory).
Greetings.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course there will probably always be cheating when money is involved. Sites could easily but it not worth it in consequences because they make enough money anyway. On the tables yea there are guys prob in the same room,t.v. chatting or whatever. You could prob figure it out if the same 3 or 4 guys were on the same table every time you sat down and was playn.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thought of collusion keeps me away from regular cash games, therefore I only play zoom occasionally.
Even though the thought of collusion is still there, I still play tournaments and zoom because the seating is not constant, therefore, making colluding harder.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I know that players have targeted me in a tournament, usually if I had some beef with them previously they will fold to sitouts but always target my blinds. they tell their mates and they all do the same. so I have to play different sites in the end. you cant beat 3 or 4 players colluding at a table

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collusion exist at all levels on every site, really its probably impossible to fix. I do know that there have been people in the past with programs that allowed to see everyones cards. There is one names potripper. You can find videos of this guy on youtube. I do believe sites fight this kind of cheating but with todays technology everything is possible.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It appears you have more issues here then can be discussed in such a short time-frame as we have here…. lol
But let’s look at your hypothesis of “What is to stop sites from having fake accounts to generate pots and win tournaments
Just using and I appreciate it does not exist” COMMON SENSE, one would understand that there are no long term benefits for any online poker site in deliberately cheating their customers as in your example. These sites are making millions of dollars just operating to the world as an online poker site collecting rakes for every single player on every single game that they offer.
Why would any rational individual risk losing Millions of dollars to steal such small amounts from rigged tournaments? ……… if it makes no sense using the imaginary common sense barometer, then it most likely is not true.:eek:

Well its like this,not so common sense tells me that without deposits there are no cashouts or rake and whats on the site will soon be gone from cashouts and rake with no deposits,so the best thing the site can do is get more deposits and less cashouts while keeping as much money in play as possible,how to do this....they screw us when we are down to get deposits,screw us when we are up to stop cashouts,and screw us in between by laddering the money to the high rollers who not only pay all the biggest rake but also are not much of a threat as far as withdrawls go because they are already rich lol...its that simple.:ahhhhh: