My biggest loss for an unplayed hand is $.75. What is yours?

bardhylmemaj

bardhylmemaj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AL
Chips
Hi to all of you.

Those who play online poker for 1 or 2 hours or even more, and those who play more than 4 tables simultaneously, will play at least 1000 hands. Sometimes with small hands and occasionally big hands with real money.

I'm curious to know if you have folded the highest hand, and chose not to play it because the stakes were high or you didn't trust the cards and naturally would have won the hand.
My record of loss, for now, is $0.75, just because I didn't play the hand and I didn't trust my cards.

And what is your highest 'lost' win?

P.s. I play pokerstars as time goes by, 1 hour and that's it. To tell you that I'm not an expert.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425-155144_PokerStars.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425-155144_PokerStars.jpg
    845.9 KB · Views: 28
Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
This kind of thinking is futile and makes one to concentrate on wrong things. What we win or lose in the long term is the only thing that matters.
On these situations ask yourself why you did that decision? If it was the correct one poker wise then you did good and there is no reason to second guess yourself.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, of course, this is a fold, such a hand should not be played with a big bet, this hand comes in with a call or for 0.5 bb and that's it, if you hit the flop, you play further in situations, if not, then you throw it away

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$500 in a mystery bounty where I covered the all-in. That doesn't include 'opportunity cost' of laddering up etc. as it was a $100k guarantee and I bubbled after that :)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother

I think the "I didn't trust my cards" thinking is not viable.

When you pay, you do it for game situations.

As my brother @Gallarado777 says and I agree, you often call to see a flop. If the situation is favorable we go ahead, if the situation is not favorable we fold.

Many times we fold and end up winning, and well, bad luck, the game is like that.

Most of the times that happens to me is in a range situation.

Example, I have 1010 from UTG and I have two bigger stacks, one from CO that raises allin and the one from BB further increases the allin bet that covers me. What do I think at that moment? between CO and BB no one escapes from the 5 strongest hands. So I fold.
The conclusion was that CO had QQ and BB had AA, and at the showdown I made the set because the 10 came up.
But, how many times is your set complete??? the ratio is 1 in 8 times. And many times none, you spend the whole tournament or the whole day at cash tables waiting to complete a set and you never complete it.

In truth, what saves me many times is having learned to fold. When I start to see and analyze the number of situations in an MTT that I fold and really lose my hand, I realize that having learned to fold is extremely positive.

And I learned this more than anything trying to understand the game ranges.

My regards, brother:):):)

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi to all of you.

Those who play online poker for 1 or 2 hours or even more, and those who play more than 4 tables simultaneously, will play at least 1000 hands. Sometimes with small hands and occasionally big hands with real money.

I'm curious to know if you have folded the highest hand, and chose not to play it because the stakes were high or you didn't trust the cards and naturally would have won the hand.
My record of loss, for now, is $0.75, just because I didn't play the hand and I didn't trust my cards.

P.s. I play Pokerstars as time goes by, 1 hour and that's it. To tell you that I'm not an expert.
I've been playing poker for a few years now and I've had a lot of situations like the ones you wrote about above. Just recently I was playing NL10 cash, I was in an early position and I was dealt two tens. I made a standard raise, then my opponent made a 3-bet of an increased size and the next player went all-in with 80 big blinds. Without hesitation, I threw away my pair of tens and the player who made the raise also went all-in. One showed a pair of aces and the other a pair of kings and the flop was 10 10 7. In this hand, I lost a potential $30. But I'm not worried about it at all, because I made the right decision, because my opponents obviously have stronger cards. And I didn't care what cards were on the flop. I can give many such examples, but there is no point in it.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The biggest loss is $100. It was a tournament where I couldn't do anything

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi to all of you.

P.s. I play Pokerstars as time goes by, 1 hour and that's it. To tell you that I'm not an expert.
In a freeroll tournament on 888, I folded J5s pre flop from early position. Jaack Maate was at the table and went out that hand. If I'd played it I would have won the $1000 bounty.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no point in being results oriented. If you want to be results oriented buy some lotto tickets -people win millions every day despite it having probably the worst odds in all of gambling.

Another thing to consider when playing online is the cards would have most likely been different had you played.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah , I think some online hand generators keep cycling so in that case if you entered the pot , or even paused for a 10th of a second more , the resulting cards most likely would change .Its enough to make your head spin !

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Don't know; don't care. The situation in the screen shot plainly SUX. If this were fixed limit, the trip aces would be a green light to the river. In no-limit, it isn't. You have straights and flushes possible, and those three aces could cost you a stack, so not worth it. It's a bluff catcher. I've dropped many hands like this, especially when I know my opponent(s) are tight-passive. They suddenly wake up and you know you're beat. Doesn't matter how "pretty" the hand is, you still have to muck it.

All I care about is if I made the best decision, based on the knowledge I had when I made a fold with a big hand. Consistently make good decisions, and the wins take care of themselves.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands