XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Shady is thinking to himself Then again, it would be kind of sweet if just four of us were playing for that $1000. ;)

We're all thinking the same thing but last month there were around 80 runners so I expect roughly the same this time.

About 30 min since my Live Chat with CS and still not registered. They said I should receive a ticket "shortly" whatever that means. I just want to make sure its done and not have to worry about it last minute.

How long did it take for you, Slim?

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We're all thinking the same thing but last month there were around 80 runners so I expect roughly the same this time.

About 30 min since my Live Chat with CS and still not registered. They said I should receive a ticket "shortly" whatever that means. I just want to make sure its done and not have to worry about it last minute.

Before I ended the chat session, I was registered. So, I guess in seconds. No ticket, I was just registered.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I registered yesterday, am I eligible for the ticket?

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The floodgates have opened and the tournament is filling up with people. So far there are 134 entrants.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Still do not see you on the list! BasilK, right? Maybe the next batch?

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. Deadline is the last day of the previous month. You should be in the next one.
I already communicated with the support of BOL and they told me that it was for the next month

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already communicated with the support of BOL and they told me that it was for the next month

Cool beans. See you in that one!

It is kind of amazing that there are not that many entrants. So far only 134. Even if this goes over 200, that is not very many for a prize pool of this size. Heck, you get around 500+ playing in those ACR $10 On Demands.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just as an FYI, I received two emails from BOL.

You have won a ticket to tournament “Tweet For Your Seat” $1,000 guaranteed tournament (starts at June 10, 2018 11:30:00 PM UTC) and have automatically been registered in it. See tournament “Tweet For Your Seat” $1,000 guaranteed tournament lobby for details.
Good luck!

Regards

BetOnline Support Team

And a second

Congratulations!You have completed your bonus!
Ticket to '“Tweet For Your Seat” $1,000 guaranteed tournament'

If you have any queries, please contact us at: poker@betonline.ag

Regards

BetOnline Support Team

First came in 2 hours ago and second was 54 minutes ago.

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is a monthly tourney right? is it always going to be on the seond sunday?
guess ill be in the next one as I just tweeted at them and direct messaged them moments ago.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I got an email at 15.58 ET saying I am registered. This should be the final field size as the process is automated, 134 runners.

Best of luck to all who are participating!

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
good luck all. hopefully ill be in the one next month

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got an email at 15.58 ET saying I am registered. This should be the final field size as the process is automated, 134 runners. !
<UGH> I followed BOL on twitter and tweeted for my seat the first week of June and for whatever reason, I was not registered. Good luck to everyone that is playing!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
If you followed my instructions earlier in thread you should have gotten in.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/onl...weet-your-seat-promo-379327/post-4403889.html

If you followed instructions and did not get in talk to BOL live chat or send message to BOL on twitter. Send them a screen shot or link of the tweet.

<UGH> I followed BOL on twitter and tweeted for my seat the first week of June and for whatever reason, I was not registered. Good luck to everyone that is playing!

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No. Deadline is the last day of the previous month. You should be in the next one.

OK, so now, after almost two hours of going back and forth with Betonline customer service about why I wasn't registered for the Twitter Freeroll today, I finally got a specific explanation.

Apparently, players have to send their tweet to register for the freeroll literally ON the last day of the previous month, not before, not after. In other words, tweets should have been dated before midnight ON May 31st to qualify for the June freeroll, and since my Tweet was dated May 20th, I didn't follow the rules and so was not eligible.

As the BOL Rep explained to me, "Unfortunately you do not qualify for the ticket, you tweeted on the 20 May and not the last day of the month. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions:

4. Once the specified 'Follow' and 'Tweet' actions are completed (BEFORE midnight on the last day of the month proceeding the freeroll) - players will then be eligible to register for the "Monthly Twitter Freeroll" when it appears in the poker lobby on the first Sunday of each month."

In past months, it was my understanding that you just had to tweet before the end of the previous month, not ON the last day. This worked for me in the past and I wasn't aware that it had changed.

So did others actually tweet ON the last day of the previous month (May 31st) or earlier? Feedback is appreciated so we can all do it correctly in the future. Plus I want to know if BOL is full of baloney and/or I've completely lost my mind. Based on what you've all said earlier in this thread I have a feeling I just got shafted.

Anyway GLGL to all who do get to play.

Last edited:
Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tweeted on May 24th. Oscar asked me to send him a link to that Tweet, which I did, and I was registered.

d4b9659ff410c034a89cc3825d99d1f8.png

tenaciousdc

tenaciousdc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The floodgates have opened and the tournament is filling up with people. So far there are 134 entrants.

Update ~~ I am registered, yay! It is an hour before start time, and I just received 2 emails, the gist of which is that I qualified for the ticket and BOL has registered me in the tournament. Just checked and I am in there (they registered for me). For those of you who made it in, see you in an hour and good luck to all :)

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences with this tourney; it is always nice to know you are not alone!

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Update ~~ I am registered, yay! It is an hour before start time, and I just received 2 emails, the gist of which is that I qualified for the ticket and BOL has registered me in the tournament. Just checked and I am in there (they registered for me). For those of you who made it in, see you in an hour and good luck to all :)

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences with this tourney; it is always nice to know you are not alone!

What day did you make your Tweet? Was it on May 31st exactly, or another day in May?

tenaciousdc

tenaciousdc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, and I did not send my tweet(s) on 05/31/2018 either. I tweeted 2x during the month of May, but neither tweet was on the last day.

@XYZ2123 - their explanation does seem a little odd.......

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, and I did not send my tweet(s) on 05/31/2018 either. I tweeted 2x during the month of May, but neither tweet was on the last day.

@XYZ2123 - their explanation does seem a little odd.......

Agreed, I think he got screwed on that.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UPDATE: I initiated a live chat with BOL agent. He requested that I take a screenshot of my tweet and send an email with screenshots to poker@betonline.ag. Within minutes BetOnline was able to confirm that I indeed tweeted on May 23 (and again on May 28). I was then sent registration.

This was my first interaction with BetOnline support team. During the chat, Lee (BetOnline rep) was amazing. His questions and instructions were very clear.

Good luck to everyone today.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tweeted on May 24th. Oscar asked me to send him a link to that Tweet, which I did, and I was registered.

d4b9659ff410c034a89cc3825d99d1f8.png

Exactly. It was never an issue before. I don't think that what this BOL Rep said about the date is true. He didn't know what was wrong either and was doing his best to get rid of me. Maybe there was some glitch with my account and they just couldn't do it.

The only other thing I can think of (though this is not the explanation they gave) is that I didn't use their template for wording the tweet the way you did here, which is also new to me. In the past, again unless I'm mistaken, all you had to do was reply to BOL's Tweet about the freeroll with your BOL poker name before the end of the month. You didn't have to CREATE a tweet with this wording.

From now on I'll make sure I revisit the promo page and re-read the T&C before I tweet every month. It does say they can change T&C anytime, so can't just assume its the same as the previous month. Last month, despite the T&C, they let people register until first week of May, and now there's this template for the tweet. I still don't trust customer service after my experience today, but ultimately perhaps its just my fault for not paying close enough attention.

Last edited:
Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly. It was never an issue before. I don't think that what this BOL Rep said about the date is true. He didn't know what was wrong either and was doing his best to get rid of me. Maybe there was some glitch with my account and they just couldn't do it.

The only other thing I can think of (though this is not the explanation they gave) is that I didn't use their template for wording the tweet the way you did here, which is also new to me. In the past, again unless I'm mistaken, all you had to do was reply to BOL's Tweet about the freeroll with your BOL poker name before the end of the month. You didn't have to CREATE a tweet with this wording.

From now on I'll make sure I revisit the promo page and re-read the T&C before I tweet every month. It does say they can change T&C anytime, so can't just assume its the same as the previous month. Last month, despite the T&C, they let people register until first week of May, and now there's this template for the tweet. I still don't trust customer service after my experience today, but ultimately perhaps its just my fault for not paying close enough attention.

I think your rep misread it. Sorry about that.

Since I last posted, there are 4 more people added to the tournament. It is set at 138 and about to start.

See you on the other side!

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think your rep misread it. Sorry about that.

Since I last posted, there are 4 more people added to the tournament. It is set at 138 and about to start.

See you on the other side!

Yeah I see that. Anyway, hope I can join in next time. Good luck, man!!