Bad beats... part of poker or algorithm to make online poker more interesting? Discuss

JasperDan1988

JasperDan1988

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I'm sure we all have been hit with a bad beat, but what are your thoughts?
Story to tell?

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In my humble opinion RNGs in decent sites are legit. They don't disrespect the odds. The only thing I think is a little twiched is the way the odds are realized. I mean that very often you see set over set, runner-runner flushes etc. , making the game more spectacular and more interesting.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Story to tell?
I play for fun, but I'm a pretty disciplined and responsible player. However, I think bad beat is just part of the game. I don't consider all kinds of conspiracy theories, I don't like to complicate anything, situations are different and bad beat is exactly the situation in which we simply ran out of luck.
We recently ran a similar survey, and you may also be interested in reading the responses from our participants.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
...just part of the game, I refuse to listen to another bad beat story unless it's 95% or above and even then who cares really, get over it move on to the next hand👍

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Complaining about bad beats at the table is a sign of terrible poker etiquette. Most of your comrades won’t care, because they themselves have found themselves in such situations countless times. The only thing you will achieve in this way is to hang a target on yourself that says “I’m on tilt.”

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If bad beats weren't part of poker, then it would be very boring. In the long run, the bad beats are supposed to be evenly distributed and essentially become net zero. But in reality, players get tilted and start engaging in behaviour that leads to outcomes that are just bad play and no longer bad beats. That's where losing players come from.

If you're thinking of online poker algorithms, ask yourself how something like that would be hidden from thousands of employees at a particular well known poker site. If they exist, they're not there by request from the poker site operators. They're there because they were designed right into the code of the software. Find the coders and you find your answer.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is a game, and like every game someone has to win and someone lose, so bad bets are part of the game.