Anyone successful at The Bankroll challenge lately???

S

Smevin1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I successfully made over $20,000 in about 4 years of casual online poker play about 10 years ago using Chris "Jesus" Ferguson's bankroll challenge. This was solely playing tournaments. My online cash game has never been profitable.
I won a freeroll of 1,000 players winning a prize of $25 which I built to $4,000 within 6 months playing small tournaments upto $11 buyin. I wasn't profitable at higher levels. I withdrew $2,000 and rebuilt to $4,000, repeatedly winning tournaments of around $500. This was my sweet spot. My biggest ever tournament win only ever being $700.
I feel the poker game has progressed in 10 years leaving me behind as a losing poker player these days. I want to restudy the game and try the bankroll challenge again.

Has anyone successfully used this method recently? (Without using tracking software)

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not recently, but I have used Fergusons strat in the past to successfully build up from time to time. I think its still perfectly viable today

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
In the last five years of playing poker, I have earned quite a bit from poker only enough to spend nothing 😅

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not only that the players are better but other possible factors are higher rake with less rakeback and more software usage by players and maybe bot players as well.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm fighting bravely

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I find it interesting to put Chris Ferguson's challenge into practice. I think that unlike 10 years ago, today you could use an AI to have a better strategy and tips.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everyone. So far, I haven't been successful with this task. If I manage to earn a little, I immediately participate in low-cost tournaments, but luck ends there. Bankroll management is one of the stages I need to stabilize, along with having a profitable game. Thanks for the tip on Ferguson's system for bankroll management, I will study it.

N

Nate420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
There are some really great freerolls offered by this website! They have been helping me build my bankroll.
Check them out in the forums.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The best strategy is what's in your head. Flair, instinct, hunch. There are many synonyms for intuition, or the ability to instantly understand something without resorting to conscious thought.No matter what anyone says, intuition has a deep neurological basis. It is no coincidence that scientists call the stomach the second brain. The digestive tract is also 100 million nerve cells. It has more neurons than the spinal cord, which indicates incredible information processing abilities.

S

Smevin1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I like the way your neurons work. If I had an image of them......😏

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management