Allin or see the river?

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you prefer? All in preflop or after the flop or to make a decision after the river? I prefer to see the river at online poker.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When making a decision, I prefer to rely on all possible factors: position, stage of the tournament, proximity of the bubble, opponent's playing style. In most cases, I prefer to get as many chips as possible.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your stack size preflop and the stack to pot ratio post flop.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, everything is relative. There is no such thing as necessarily this or that. And this relativity always depends on many factors. How can you say that I prefer it like this.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If allyn means with a couple with a small one, there are more chances of doubling than with a big one. but generally I like to see the flop ...

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many factors to analyze before making any decisions, and you will never have a correct answer for each spot.

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the situation, I prefer to see the flop before all in

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is of course best to look at preflop. But if the stack is less than 10bb, then it's better to go all-in.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the river is safe and I'm sure of my hand, then I can go all in. I don't see the point in putting myself at risk when the stack is good for the game. The last card in the river can change the balance of power.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the logic of the all in at 10bb, however if your opponents are too loose you need to tread carefully. Shoving JQ becomes less profitable when your opponent will readily call you with K3s. There are many situations where I will make smaller preflop raises like 2.25x to 2.5x and rely on my skill on the flop- even with smaller stack sizes of 8-12bb. If I do this frequently you have a better chance of someone playing back at you when you have a monster. If you get shoved and your hand is less than premium you can make a decision to fold with your tournament life intact, or call based on pot odds and your perception of your opponent. This is how I play.

Oh I play almost exclusively 6 max tourneys where this strategy has been super effective for me. In larger MTT this will not work so well. You gotta get your stack in and scoop up those antes, or hope to double up.

L

Lolocomondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the position, the blinds, the chips you have and many many more. Especially in tournaments, i personally go all in preflop with pairs higher than 7, or AKs, but also it depends with the factors that i already refered to.

K

kobra80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather see the flop before I go all-in

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends on lot of factors like stake, position, stage in tourneys and so on

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you wish to exit quickly, I would refrain from an all- in situation unless I know I have the pot, hands down.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you prefer? All in preflop or after the flop or to make a decision after the river? I prefer to see the river at online poker.

Impossible to answer a not even general question without any details, what you play, how you play, structure, blind levels, position etc., etc.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to be all in preflop as I don't have confidence that I am good enough to not punt money post flop. Despite this, most of the time I am all in post flop.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't really know, u didnt say how many blinds u got and situation, short stacked I prefer all-in preflop, if I got stack then I play prefer playing postflop