Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was thinking while playing online poker and watching the hands, do online poker rooms have an algorithm that gives better hands to those who deposit more money?

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Of course everybody says no and you will be a pariah if you think along these lines. I definitely think they use it to move players along in big tournaments otherwise how do we account for the odds of AA KK JJ QQ all at the same table at a key moment in the tournament. Sure once in a lifetime, but not once a week.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If this was the case, someone would have already discovered.
People would not play for millions in non-realiable rooms.
Besides, poker rooms win much more just from the rakes, they have a business that can endure for many years if managed correctly.

In regard to crazy bad beats, or AA vs. KK and other inevitable situations that seem strange, people need to start thinking about numbers: the deck has only 52 cards. There is a limited numbers of combinations, and they are not that big in Hold'em. Crazy things happen a lot. It is not that unlikely to lose 5 coinflips in a row. Toss a coin and you will see that these situations happen from time to time.
Another example: the chance of losing two AA vs. QJs in a row is almost 4%. This is unlikely, but not much. And it will happen from time to time.

Imagine this situation: suppose you know you would always get to an all-in being 70% favorite against 30% of your opponent.
And that you would play with him 1,000 all-in hands, each of them both of you betting $1, and whoever wins, gets $2.
In the end, you expect to have a $400 profit ($1,400 won – $1,000 invested).
Would you think it is a bad deal because you lost the first 10 hands? Or because in the middle of the game, you lost 15 hands in a row?
No, you keep going, because math will always even out these situations. In the end, you might have won only $100 out of the $400 expected.
But play a 10k, 100k, 1 million hands, and the result will tend to go for the expected value.

In poker, equities run a lot more closer, you don`t have this edge all the time. That`s why it seems more difficult. That`s why we need to keep studying and improving, to get more situations in which we are favorites.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I was thinking while playing online poker and watching the hands, do online poker rooms have an algorithm that gives better hands to those who deposit more money?
I play mostly in freerolls and make a deposit no more than once or twice a year. Thanks to the freerolls, I accumulate a bankroll and 1-2 times a week I play in tournaments with buy-in. Therefore, to be honest, even if such an aglorhythm really exists, it does not affect my financial expenses in poker in any way :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Antonioadv! I think, this is your prejudice... But this is only my private opinion!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure you're wrong. If you were right, there wouldn't be so many online gamers.

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello, Antonioadv! I think, this is your prejudice... But this is only my private opinion!
It's not prejudice, it's just a question, I didn't say that I believe or don't believe in the existence of an algorithm, I just asked a question.

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm sure you're wrong. If you were right, there wouldn't be so many online gamers.
How can you say I'm wrong or right? I'm not saying that I believe or don't believe in the algorithm, I just asked a question to see your opinion.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
you know that if you have a bad experince for a long time by playing poker you can stop playing ?! ...maybe it is just not your game :)....

B

B1961579

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've wondered about that myself, Antonio. Sometimes, especially as you get deeper into tournaments, and sometimes earlier, it seems the cards dealt seem to favor the player with the larger stack. The player with the lower stack gets poor hand after poor hand, while the player with the highest stack at the table seems to get a quality hand nearly every hand, and seemingly can't lose a hand. I've seen this from the perspective of the lower player AND the higher stack, so not sure it has anything to do with whether you've deposited money at a site or not. I do wonder if there's an algorithm helping things along to finish the tournament up more quickly, though. I've noticed this on Betonline and ACR, when playing there years ago, only in freerolls and microstakes tourneys. I've never really attempted to collect data to support anything nefarious, but have definitely seen some suspicious stuff happening with the cards being dealt. :unsure:

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
But doesn't almost everyone make a deposit? then should the algorithm be good at handing out cards to everyone?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If there is an algorithm it has nothing to do with whether you deposit or not. Sunrunning also happens to both big stacks and small stacks. It just looks like a big stack is winning all the time but that stack was also small at one point. If there is an algorithm that picks players, it doesn't look at their stack size. It just happens to result in an inflated stack size. But that big stack will also be decimated at some point before someone ends up winning a tournament.

Whatever it is - luck in poker, whether or not it is different between live and online - is very difficult to pin down because it is not a static thing. It changes between and throughout games.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a lie I can assure you

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already made considerable gains without spending at least 1 cent from my pocket. So I can guarantee that it is not a case of favoring those who put in more money. You have to keep in mind that whoever has more money for rebuys or even more chips to put pressure on their opponents without definitively risking the tournament will always have an advantage.
In terms of playing cards, I've been playing a lot more live (thanks to online poker) and I've played a lot online and I don't notice any difference, in fact I owe an apology to all serious professionals involved in the development of all sites for one day having doubted. of their work. Perfect work, thank you very much for making your platforms available and professionalizing great players!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say to you that you should be more careful with cheating in live games, it's up to you that no one will take care of collusion and other forms of cheating for you. and they happen recurrently in tournaments and clubs that are not very prestigious.

OnasOO

OnasOO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I will answer as a programmer :) Nothing is impossible. If they want to deceive you, you will not know about it. Sometimes I also notice this algorithm - if I start raising with any hand in progression, then my cards come. But sometimes the algorithm stops and I lose chips. So you have to be careful

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Играя в онлайн-покер и наблюдая за раздачами, я думал: есть ли в онлайн-покер-румах алгоритм, который дает лучшие руки тем, кто вносит больше денег?д ли такое
Играя в онлайн-покер и наблюдая за раздачами, я думал: есть ли в онлайн-покер-румах алгоритм, который дает лучшие руки тем, кто вносит больше денег?
Навряд ли такое практикуется на знаменитых покерных сайтах. Это слишком большой риск да и зачем им так делать у владельцев покерного бизнеса свой интерес. Скорее всего в таком случае удача просто на стороне этого игрока. И не стоит из-а этого расстраиваться придет момент когда и у вас будут подобные ситуации. Просто играйте по своим финансовым возможностям чтоб легко переживать подобные казусы...

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure they have some algorithms but for sure they don't do favor for depositors

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't really know if it gives better hands to those who deposit more money, I don't think so. What I am sure of is that every time you get closer to the jackpots, the algorithm eliminates the players who are left with fewer chips.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Each of our decisions in poker must be based on something. Due to the wrong algorithm, many people make bad decisions. It is important to have the right decision-making algorithm, especially for multi-tablers, as it helps to make better decisions faster.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the game always likes players who deposit money and leave it there and sometimes they are given a better hand to have fun, or luck is on their side even with a bad hand, winning you sometimes this happens but that's all theory I think you can never prove that, but when I deposit money, I get such cool cards in my hands, but it could be a coincidence:)